ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from HO

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itk
- thin ice -

Email from HO

Post by itk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I submitted my extension application in February 2 and biometric given on the 14 of February. Today, I got a call from my solicitor that HO sent an email requesting I sent the passport of my second dependant. I don't know what to do as the consulate processing the passport is having logistics problems in printing new passport booklets. I called the consulate and they maintained the minimum waiting time is three months. Any suggestions on what I should tell HO? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Email from HO

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Write a letter explaining and include certified copies of any embassy proof that the application is in process?

Did you apply for an extension for this dependent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick response. Yes she was included in my extension application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 pm

HO won't process the application without a passport. When did/does the passport actually expire? Why didn't you sort this out sooner?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm

I actually made the passport application in January, it usually take 10 working days to process but out of the blues they said they are experiencing logistics problems in printing booklets. This is just so unfortunate for me. will it not be possible to process mine and live hers until her passport arrives?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Any chance your home country has consulates in other place in the UK (just throwing out an idea)

Where is the previous passport? I don't think you necessarily have to send a passport that is still valid (if you have an older passport and yet have a new PP in place)

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 am

@Seasky the only consulate is in London. The previous passport expired and as a requirement you're expected to submit it along with your passport renewal application and once approved both the new one and the expired one will mail to you by recorded delivery. This used to take 10 working days but it's running into months now.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 am

itk wrote:@Seasky the only consulate is in London. The previous passport expired and as a requirement you're expected to submit it along with your passport renewal application and once approved both the new one and the expired one will mail to you by recorded delivery. This used to take 10 working days but it's running into months now.
My point is I am not aware of a UKVI criteria that a passport has to be valid. Ask consulate for passport back.

(bit ridiculous it takes month, what about tourists that lose their passport?)

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:21 pm

itk wrote:I actually made the passport application in January, it usually take 10 working days to process but out of the blues they said they are experiencing logistics problems in printing booklets. This is just so unfortunate for me. will it not be possible to process mine and live hers until her passport arrives?
I have a friend that the wife had been waiting since December, and he'll be applying next 2 weeks. No passport for dependant wife. I guess it's the same embassy

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 am

@ babaty2k02 I should presume so. But why will it take such a long time to process ordinary passport. It's mind boggling. I've been waiting about the same time for my dependant

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:07 pm

new passport should be applied within 6 months of expiry. I guess all embassies suggest the same.

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 pm

[quote="sameerb"]new passport should be applied within 6 months of expiry. I guess all embassies suggest the same.[/quote]

Sameerb, you are absolutely right. I realised late her passport was running out. Since she don't really use it often it never occurred to me that it was expired. I totally assume responsibility for this, I should've checked. It's a learning curve for me.