ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madi_53
Newly Registered

Regarding address

Post by madi_53 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 am

Hi,

We are planning to apply for naturalisation in a month. I need help regarding this address issue.
Last June 2016 myself and my daughter went to india and returned back inAugust. Meanwhile since we were planning to move to another house we vacated our old house and placed those things in storage spaces available for rent. My husband came to India in July and stayed there for couple of weeks and returned.Then on form july 17 to august 25 he was living in his friends room as a guest in as we were searching for new house.We moved to the new house on Aug 25.We dont have any proof of address for his stay of 40 days with his friend. So we are not sure what should he state in the address column.
Kindly help us in this regard
Thanks

madi_53
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding address in Naturalisation application.

Post by madi_53 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Can someone shed some light on this please? We have no idea on what address to fill in that 40 days gap as we odnt have proof for that intermittent stay...

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Regarding address

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:22 pm

I think all you can do is state the addresses and dates from/to - explain circumstances in the notes section. Don't think there is a requirement to submit proof of every address. Residency proof will be available from passport stamps in/out plus other docs required. As long as you comply with all requirements you should be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

madi_53
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding address in Naturalization application

Post by madi_53 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Many thanks. So , Should I put my Indian address for that 40 days duration and my husband should put his friends address for the 40 days? Will that be fine?

And also a question Regarding his address. As its just 40 days and he stayed as guest, he didnt pay council tax for that period of 40 days. Will that be an issue?

Please let us know. Many thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Regarding address in Naturalization application

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm

madi_53 wrote:Many thanks. So , Should I put my Indian address for that 40 days duration and my husband should put his friends address for the 40 days? Will that be fine?
My approach would be: the 40 days absence are included in your absence total. Declare your UK addresses with dates from/to, and explain the gap in addresses. UKVI are interested in your UK addresses as far as I know.

And also a question Regarding his address. As its just 40 days and he stayed as guest, he didnt pay council tax for that period of 40 days. Will that be an issue?
Should not be an issue.

Please let us know. Many thanks in advance.

I don't know how UKVI think/work but if everything is accounted for and explained it should make processing your application that much easier.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Regarding address

Post by mulderpf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:56 am

What was the UK address you used during that time? Where did your post go in the UK? Where would you have gone if you arrived back in the UK after 20 days rather than 40?
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.