ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa - ILR

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

milan69
Diamond Member

Student visa - ILR

Post by milan69 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 am

My apologies if this has been covered already but I was unable to find the answer I am looking for.
I am inquiring on behalf of my friend whose daughter is 17 years old and she has been studying in the UK for over 4 years now and next year she will be finishing her A levels.
She is a Russian citizen and every year she was renewing her visa in British embassy in Moscow.
As she is planning to continue her university studies in the UK my question is is she eligible for ILR, and if so where can I find out more about the process.
Thank you for your help.
I am sometimes wrong.

vinny

Re: Student visa - ILR

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50 am

As a non-EEA student, her only option for ILR is after spending 10 years in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa - ILR

Post by milan69 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you.
I am sometimes wrong.