ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Casa

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:41 am

You need to send what you have been asked for. What 'problems' do you have with one of the banks :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Casa wrote:You need to send what you have been asked for. What 'problems' do you have with one of the banks :?:
I have some tricky transaction in that account.if I sent them definitely it will be a problem.please advice me.
And after interview they asked me these documents does it means they happy for interview or not?

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi All ,
At last after 10 months waiting i received HO questionnaire regarding my tax amendments and self employment.

I had tax amendment when i switch to tier 1 general and at the time of extension.

Also does anyone who have received questioner been granted received ILR?

i mean just would like to know what are the chances of acceptance and refusal. I understand it depends on individual cases, but in general it will be good to know what are the possible outcomes.

Can you all please post best possible answers for below question.
Everyone answer will be much appreciated, please be specific about answer.

All answer should be answered in a way it satisfy the CaseWorker , so need to be very careful with wording and not giving CaseWorker chance to refuse or raise more question.

I am sure there are other here too in the same situation, i hope this will help everyone.

Q1: why tax return were incorrectly submitted?
Q2: when and how did you discover that you had made an error in tax return?
Q3: What was the cause of the error?
Q4: did you review , check and sign each tax return? if not you you did not do it?
This question is tricky as this can get you into trouble.

Q5: are you satisfied that the tax returns in the past submitted accurately reflected your income, if not why not?

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 am

mickey007 wrote:Hi All ,
At last after 10 months waiting i received HO questionnaire regarding my tax amendments and self employment.

I had tax amendment when i switch to tier 1 general and at the time of extension.

i mean just would like to know what are the chances of acceptance and refusal. I understand it depends on individual cases, but in general it will be good to know what are the possible outcomes.

All answer should be answered in a way it satisfy the CaseWorker , so need to be very careful with wording and not giving CaseWorker chance to refuse or raise more question.

I am sure there are other here too in the same situation, i hope this will help everyone.

Q4: did you review , check and sign each tax return? if not you you did not do it?

Q5: are you satisfied that the tax returns in the past submitted accurately reflected your income, if not why not?
Hello Mickey,
I have received same type of questionnaire 3 weeks ago. Sent it back on 14th March with sa302's from 2011-2016 and accountant statements used for initial and extension applications.
I had amended my 2012-13 tax year for £804 and this amount has nothing to do with my extension application. I filed my returns accurately as shown to UKBA but there was additional income from April 2012 which was not included in SA. Explained in questionnaire that the amendment has nothing to do with extension points claimed for earnings and I have only amended to correct the missing income from April 2012 as my accounts were made from 1st March 12 to 30th April 13.

Also enclosed the letter from HMRC that they cannot produce updated SA302 for 2012-13 tax year but they confirmed that I have paid remaining £233 tax for the amendment.
R

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 am

revanth667 wrote:

Hello Mickey,
I have received same type of questionnaire 3 weeks ago. Sent it back on 14th March with sa302's from 2011-2016 and accountant statements used for initial and extension applications.
I had amended my 2012-13 tax year for £804 and this amount has nothing to do with my extension application. I filed my returns accurately as shown to UKBA but there was additional income from April 2012 which was not included in SA. Explained in questionnaire that the amendment has nothing to do with extension points claimed for earnings and I have only amended to correct the missing income from April 2012 as my accounts were made from 1st March 12 to 30th April 13.

Also enclosed the letter from HMRC that they cannot produce updated SA302 for 2012-13 tax year but they confirmed that I have paid remaining £233 tax for the amendment.
Many thanks Ravent for your update.
If possible can you please answer few of these questions? this will guide myself and other to write their own one by following your one, As i do not know much about accounting i do not want HO put any kind of objections.

Also please keep us up to date with the progress of your case here. I wish you positive outcome soon.

Much Appreciated

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 am

mickey007 wrote:
revanth667 wrote:

Hello Mickey,

If possible can you please answer few of these questions? this will guide myself and other to write their own one by following your one, As i do not know much about accounting i do not want HO put any kind of objections.

Also please keep us up to date with the progress of your case here. I wish you positive outcome soon.

Much Appreciated
Hello Mickey,

I can only give the answers I wrote,

A. As my accounts were made from 1st May 2012 to 31st April 2013 I forgot to include earnings/expenses from April 2012. Also I had to correct my tax returns from 2013-2014 to include expenses. Overall my earnings before amendment was same as the accountants statement but I had to add additional amount to amended returns for missing month in 2012.
A. When I have requested my SA302s and calculated previous earnings there was a minor discrepancy which I have notified HMRC immediately.
A. Accounts being spread into two financial years and I forgot to include earnings from April 12.
This question is tricky as this can get you into trouble
A. For all the years from 2010-2016 I have submitted my tax returns on my own online. I have reviewed but not signed as I did not use accountant for submission.
R

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:02 am

Route: Tier 2 (G) 5 years
SoC: 2136
Applicants: 1 Main + 4 Dependants
Nationality: Pakistan
First Visa granted: 18-Oct-2011
Arrived in the UK: 12-Nov-2011
ILR App. Sent: 02-Nov-2016
Received : 03-Nov-2016
Payment Taken: 05-Nov-2016
Ack Email: 09-Nov-2016 , then 9th of every month.

BRP Letters : 10-Nov-2016
BRP Enrolled :12-Nov-2016

Docs sent about new salary
after annual appraisal : 13-Feb-2017

Approval Date : 21-Mar-2017
Docs Received : 22-Mar-2017
BRPs Received: 23-Mar-2017
Duration: 4 months 16 days

Best of luck to others!

Stay blessed
Khurram

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Shanu111 wrote:
Casa wrote:You need to send what you have been asked for. What 'problems' do you have with one of the banks :?:
I have some tricky transaction in that account.if I sent them definitely it will be a problem.please advice me.
And after interview they asked me these documents does it means they happy for interview or not?

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:13 pm

revanth667 wrote:
mickey007 wrote:
revanth667 wrote:

Hello Mickey,

Much Appreciated
Hello Mickey,

I can only give the answers I wrote,

A. As my accounts were made from 1st May 2012 to 31st April 2013 I forgot to include earnings/expenses from April 2012. Also I had to correct my tax returns from 2013-2014 to include expenses. Overall my earnings before amendment was same as the accountants statement but I had to add additional amount to amended returns for missing month in 2012.
A. When I have requested my SA302s and calculated previous earnings there was a minor discrepancy which I have notified HMRC immediately.
A. Accounts being spread into two financial years and I forgot to include earnings from April 12.
This question is tricky as this can get you into trouble
A. For all the years from 2010-2016 I have submitted my tax returns on my own online. I have reviewed but not signed as I did not use accountant for submission.
Hi R,
I really appreciate your time for posting your answer, this will definitely help me to prepare my one.

I forgot to mention one more question which is below one.

Q : if there was variation between income in the financial years, please can you explain why?

Many thanks
Mic

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi Mickey,

I didn't mention much about variation as I have concentrated on why I had to do amendment. Except for 2011-2012 my income for the rest of the years is around 32-36k. I did mention that I had to take break for 6 months due to health issues.
R

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Many thanks R,
i wish you good luck to receive your approval soon, keep us updated here with your case progress

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 pm

mickey007 wrote:Many thanks R,
i wish you good luck to receive your approval soon, keep us updated here with your case progress
Thanks Mickey.

If I may ask, how much was your amendment for?
Was your self employment continuous or dormant in between?
R

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi mickey, i would be very thankful to you if you help me with questoins like why the incme is low when not applying for visa, how manage time between two employments.
thx

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm

revanth667 wrote:
Thanks Mickey.

I switched to tier 1 general in 2011, i showed self employment for 2010-2011 and some income from job.
I followed what my accountant told me and paid less tax,
then in 2013 in my extension last 12 months i showed income from self employment and again tax was paid less.

In 2015 i changed my accountant and they reviewed my tax return and sa302 and advised my to submit tax amendments for 2010-2011 and 2013. amendment was done and all tax was paid which was upto 8400 including interest. There was no penalty but only interest to be paid. I paid all this in 2016.

In between the year where i was not applying for extension or ILR i did not do any business as it was not required, i was only doing this so i can fulfill HO criteria.

I only did my self employment in my free time when i needed it.
Lastly my 12 months before i applied for ILR was all from my current employment, nothing as self employed. Although i still have my self employment account open with HMRC

What do you think of my situation?
How can i justify the gap in not doing business in between?
Also how to explain to HO about the amendments just before the visa every time?

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Vesh123 wrote:

Hi mickey, i would be very thankful to you if you help me with questoins like why the incme is low when not applying for visa, how manage time between two employments.
thx
I am in the same situation, my income is low when i am not applying for visa, i am thinking of meeting a solicitor as well to make sure give accurate answers and not get myself into trouble with these answers, But Mr R answered few question very well which will help us all based on our own circumstances.

I hope someone else in this forum will answer the low income question but i will update here too as soon as i meet solicitor or any other person with experience in these matters.

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:13 pm

mickey007 wrote:
revanth667 wrote:
Thanks Mickey.

I switched to tier 1 general in 2011, i showed self employment for 2010-2011 and some income from job.
then in 2013 in my extension last 12 months i showed income from self employment and again tax was paid less.

In 2015 i changed my accountant and they reviewed my tax return and sa302 and advised my to submit tax amendments for 2010-2011 and 2013. amendment was done and all tax was paid which was upto 8400 including interest. There was no penalty but only interest to be paid. I paid all this in 2016.

In between the year where i was not applying for extension or ILR i did not do any business as it was not required, i was only doing this so i can fulfill HO criteria.

Lastly my 12 months before i applied for ILR was all from my current employment, nothing as self employed. Although i still have my self employment account open with HMRC

Hi Mickey,

Use the questionnaire you received to explain as much as possible in additional information page. Also keep letter from current accountant on the reason why you had to amend your returns. Did they ask to submit SA302s and any other tax documents for the past 5 yrs?

Do you have manual calculation SA302 for amended years?
R

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:29 pm

revanth667 wrote:
mickey007 wrote:
revanth667 wrote:
Thanks Mickey.

Hi Mickey,

Use the questionnaire you received to explain as much as possible in additional information page. Also keep letter from current accountant on the reason why you had to amend your returns. Did they ask to submit SA302s and any other tax documents for the past 5 yrs?

Hi Revanth, could you please assist me and mecky with question we have regarding low income when no applying for visa? it would be much appriciated.

thanks

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks Mickey.

Was your self employment continuous or dormant in between?[/quote]

Also how to explain to HO about the amendments just before the visa every time?[/quote]

Hi Mickey,

Do you have manual calculation SA302 for amended years?[/quote]

Hi Revanth, could you please assist me and mecky with question we have regarding low income when no applying for visa? it would be much appriciated.

thanks[/quote]

Hi Vesh,

You will be in the best position to write your own scenario based on your circumstances.
Moreover I did not write much for that question as I had stable self employed income every year.
R

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 pm

revanth667 wrote:
mickey007 wrote:
revanth667 wrote:
Thanks Mickey.

Hi Mickey,

Hi Revanth,

Yes requested SA302,i do have one, but it does not have amendments details as HMRC sent me letter that you amends were not file on time these will not be shown in SA302.

I thinking of that letter as well to HO.

My accountant wrote letter for my to say that i have paid all the taxes for the amendments in full.
The reason they have given for amends in the letter is that they reviewed my accounts from my previous accountants and advise me to file amends for those years, which they did on my behalf.
Also a copy from HMRC site with my account details that no tax is outstanding.

Do you think the reason hold any convincing value ?
Also did you ask any solicitor or accountants for advice for answering your questions?
did you accountant provide you any additional information which may help in convincing HO?

Thanks
Mick

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Mickey,

My solicitor gave me questionnaire to fill which he received from UKVI. I filled the questionnaire on my own as I knew where exactly I did mistake. He asked me to attach all SA302s which I did and tax return documents which I downloaded from HMRC self assessment accountant.

My problem was not accounting error. I had filed as declared to UKBA but forgot to include 1 month earnings which were not included in the accounts shown to UKBA in 2013.
Rest I will live it to UKVI to decide as I explained that the additional £802 is not related to the accounts I used for Tier 1 extension.
R

MLOPEZ
Newly Registered

Post by MLOPEZ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 am

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could share how long they've been waiting for their ILR SET(DV)? There is little to no information about this specific ILR application . I t would be great to get some info on timings?
20/01/2017: I sent the application
26/01/2017: Biometrics letter received
27/01/2017: Biometrics done

No news since then

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:10 pm

MLOPEZ wrote:Hi all,
No news since then
My Dear people are waiting since Jan 2016 and you are taking about 20JAN2017 application? WAH !!

uffaisal

Post by uffaisal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 pm

dear you might have to wonder for many more months as this is just the start :)
MLOPEZ wrote:Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could share how long they've been waiting for their ILR SET(DV)? There is little to no information about this specific ILR application . I t would be great to get some info on timings?

No news since then

Orlio
Newly Registered

Post by Orlio » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Hello All

I have just received my Tier 1 General ILR (Set O) approval letter today (28th Mar 2017) after almost 11 gruelling months. I have been a silent reader for the past year and decided to do the right thing by contributing positively now that I have received mine.
Timeline and storyline below:
Application Date: 03 May 2016
Biometrics Letter Received and Completed: 18 May 2016
Received Letter on 06 October 2016 that application will not be decided within 6 months as interview was required.
After about 7weeks of silence, I wrote a letter on 24 November 2016 to chase HO about Interview information
Received email advising me about interview on 15th December 2016 (about 10weeks waiting time)
Attended Interview in London (Battleship House Paddington) on 04 Jan 2017 - Interview was about an hour and a mixture of standard questions (which some have posted on this platform already) and questions that related to my application (please note that every application is different so I will not speak for anyone sorry). I will add here though that my initial application in 2010/2011 was direct employment and self employment. 2013 extension and ILR 2016 application was direct employment and director of a company.
Before applying for ILR, I got a new accountant to check over the work that my previous accountants did for me even though I had paid taxes in the past and it came back that I needed to amend my 2010/2011 records of which I received a tax bill from the HMRC (which I am yet to pay as all my contracts were cancelled when my visa ran out at the end of May 2016 essentially rendering me 'unemployed' all these while).
Having said that, during my interview it was pointed out to me that there had been a discrepancy between what I declared to HO that I earned in 2013 during my extension through my company and what my accountant filed with HMRC afterwards (about 4 or 5k difference). This was a real surprise to me really as I wasn't sure why that could have been because I did check with HMRC before applying and they said that I had no tax issues/liabilities for 2013 and my accountant showed me my online records that I had no issues but alas HO queried me about 2013 and nothing was said about 2010/2011. I think I even mentioned about the 2010/2011 tax bill but the interviewer was more keen to hear about the 2013 issues (this must have been grace of God at work really). Anyway, my only answer to the interviewer was that it could probably have been an oversight by the accountant as I had no clue how that could have been. I spoke to my accountant afterwards and they were adamant that they had done the right thing so I had to wait and hope for the best.
After waiting for 7 weeks, I sent a chasing letter on the 24th of Feb 2017 to HO but heard nothing back. Then I followed up with an email to my MP on 08 Mar 2017. I also, sent an email to HO complaints email on 15th Mar 2017. My MP replied back on the 17th of Mar 2017 saying that they will write to HO on my behalf and get back to me. Finally, ILR was approved on 27th of Mar 2017 and delivered to me today 28th of Mar 2017 with the special delivery envelope I enclosed in my application.

All I can say is that it has been a very long and difficult journey but do hang on and have hope that this will surely pass. My advise is to chase as much as you can once you are above the 6 months mark don't just wait around and wish, do something like writing a decent formal letter with a good tone. I have never used any lawyer for all my applications but feel free to do so if that makes you feel better. I still have few friends who are still waiting and will stand with them at this very difficult period.
I wish everyone the best and will like to add that apart from the very few amazing people I had around me exercising such as running (parkrun, 5k, 10k and half-marathon races) and cycling really helped me through the really dark days.
I will endeavour to answer any questions till the end of the week before closing this account as this has really been a very unpleasant process. All the very best everyone!

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Post by dk_kk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi Orlio

congrats for your success, really appreciate your post for sharing your application progress. it does exhibits virtual view of home office progress made on such applications.