ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2017 Immigration Rules Changes

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seasky
BANNED

Re: 2017 Immigration Rules Changes

Post by seasky » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:08 am

jafersadeq wrote:
zimba88 wrote:It is a simple clarification. To extend you need to prove you have a UK business bank account which has some transactions (it is active)
Thanks Zimba88,
But how many statement to be sent?
Thanks
So in other words bank account is now scrutinized as part of genuine entrepreneur test. How does a single transaction pass?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 pm

This has nothing to do with the genuine test
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 am

:!: :!: A WARNING TO ALL :!: :!:

This thread is intended to used as a place to discuss the upcoming 2017 Immigration Rules Changes in April and I do NOT want it to be locked.
Keep all irrelevant rant/lecture/opinions off this topic or else your posts will be removed without any notice. Please keep it civil here :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:37 am

zimba88 wrote:This has nothing to do with the genuine test
In your opinion what is the purpose of this new criterion?

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 am

seasky freedom of expression, there is huge market of legal consultation, and you will find enormous solicitors and law firms in the UK, and they have had good legal advice for your query.
regards
IUK
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Business2business wrote:seasky freedom of expression, there is huge market of legal consultation, and you will find enormous solicitors and law firms in the UK, and they have had good legal advice for your query.
regards
IUK
B2B my mate,

HO added new criterion of active bank account (which in my mind unlike RTI and signature across DL makes actually a lot of sense). My assumption (right or wrong) is that This criterion is added as part of genuiness test in HO battle with the faker. Zimba thinks otherwise and have asked him for more opinion. Mot sure what this has to do with freedom of expression or lawyers

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:53 pm

It has nothing to do with genuineness test. The only reason for this change is to keep consistency between the rules and the Tier 1E guide. If you pay attention carefully the current guide says:
Company bank statement from a UK account which shows transactions for that company
However currently 46-SD(c)(ii)(2) only says:
If the applicant is a director, a company bank statement showing that the company has a UK account, or a letter from ....
The change will bring the rules in line with what is ALREADY mentioned in the guide but is missing from the rules. So 46-SD(c)(ii)(2) becomes:
If the applicant is a director of a UK company, or member of a UK partnership, a business bank statement from a UK account which shows business transactions, or a letter from ...

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Dear Gurus,

Three immigration firms posted on their websites:

Changes relating to Tier 1 of the Points-Based System
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

The proposed changes provide a clearer definition of ‘invested funds’ and clarifies the specified evidence on job creation, so that an applicant can provide confirmation from an accountant that their business did not employ any workers prior to their involvement.

I did not find it in the pdf of the latest changes..

What do they mean?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:23 pm

The changes are quite clear in that document. It is not important what law firms express on their websites :?
Find A29 in that document. For people taking over or joining the existing business, this line has been added regarding the accountant's letter:
(7) if the business did not employ workers before the applicant took over or joined it, confirmation of this,

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Thx Zimba for the knowledgeable (as usual) and succinct explanation