ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

School and doctor refuse to provide reference for kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

School and doctor refuse to provide reference for kids

Post by Meesha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:41 am

Dear All,
My kids school(all under 7 years olds) kept citizenship registration forms for 10 days at school and refused to provide reference at end (open discrimination obviously). GP has already said that they don't do it. From where can i get it signed now? I have made an appointment in other city for tomorrow as joint citizenship and passport service does not operate in every city in scotland.
Please advise me quickly

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: School and doctor refuse to provide reference for kids

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 am

Oh get a grip, it is NOT discrimination. Any referee you ask has a right to refuse to sign the form.

Try a Pharmacist, personal license holder (off license owner), nurse or health visitor, dentist, etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 am

Any qualified neighbours?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:27 am

Or minister of religion....

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 am

6.3.7.8 wrote:For a minor application one referee should be a person who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport, and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 am

we are also in similar situation. the school refused to sign saying as per PP guidelines they should have known the kid for 2 years or more. 'my kid has joined the school only recently from another school as we moved our house from a different council.
It is a JCAP application, for naturalization - the guide doesn't say the referee in professional capacity should know the kid of atleast 2 years but Passport guide says so.
My kid's tution teacher also says she is not sure she can sign it as she know him only for few months, but happy to sign if we want her to.
Please advise. we have our appointment this Saturday.

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Dear CR001/Vinny,
Can anyone please confirm if a Tuition teacher(who works in different school) can sign as referee for child passport and naturalization application. the teacher has known the kid only for couple of months.
vinny wrote:Any qualified neighbours?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi mrajkumar,
The first reference for my kids is NHS director where i work. As i did not understand the meaning of two referees not related to each other thats why i did not get it signed by NHS staff rather asked their GP who refused. School also refused though my kids are at school for 3 years. I did call immigration department to know alternative referee but they say one has to be someone who knows kid in professional capacity which can be either teacher, GP, health visitor or social worker.However on citizen advise bureau call, local council email and immigration officer email the school agreed to sign but sealed the form to be opened by national checking service. It took whole day but got sorted by the end of the day.
Hope it will help.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:40 pm

I believe for JCAP you don't need countersignature as they will consider the same referee from registration form. Photos for passport has to be same as provided with registration form. Call to your JCAP provider to confirm though.

mrajkumar wrote:we are also in similar situation. the school refused to sign saying as per PP guidelines they should have known the kid for 2 years or more. 'my kid has joined the school only recently from another school as we moved our house from a different council.
It is a JCAP application, for naturalization - the guide doesn't say the referee in professional capacity should know the kid of atleast 2 years but Passport guide says so.
My kid's tution teacher also says she is not sure she can sign it as she know him only for few months, but happy to sign if we want her to.

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks Meesha! I will call NCS to confirm.
Meesha wrote:I believe for JCAP you don't need countersignature as they will consider the same referee from registration form. Photos for passport has to be same as provided with registration form. Call to your JCAP provider to confirm though.

mrajkumar wrote:we are also in similar situation. the school refused to sign saying as per PP guidelines they should have known the kid for 2 years or more. 'my kid has joined the school only recently from another school as we moved our house from a different council.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:27 am

Hi mrajkumar,
i have attended JCAP. you dont need to complete section 10 of passport application. You must not put telephone numbers in section 2 but in section 8. I had to fill new forms there. Take extra paper copies for passports application. You also dont need certified photo as described in passport application. They will consider the one on MN1 form. Rest is straight forward and took only 30 min.
Good luck

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks, the NCS officer said, it should be fine if the child professional referee in not known for 3 years and HO are not very strict on the child references I believe.
Meesha wrote:Hi mrajkumar,
i have attended JCAP. you dont need to complete section 10 of passport application. You must not put telephone numbers in section 2 but in section 8. I had to fill new forms there. Take extra paper copies for passports application. You also dont need certified photo as described in passport application. They will consider the one on MN1 form. Rest is straight forward and took only 30 min.
Good luck