ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Angie77 wrote:does anybody know if after receiving approval letter and ceremony invitation home office send anything else by post?
I have moved house and changed address by post for passport delivery.
Just wondering if depite having already received approval letter and booked ceremony I have to fill the UKVI - Change of address form as well?

Thanks
No, not if you applied through NCS. You only get those two letters, nothing else that HO sends you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Angie77 wrote:does anybody know if after receiving approval letter and ceremony invitation home office send anything else by post?
I have moved house and changed address by post for passport delivery.
Just wondering if depite having already received approval letter and booked ceremony I have to fill the UKVI - Change of address form as well?

Thanks
No, not if you applied through NCS. You only get those two letters, nothing else that HO sends you.

thank you for your quickly reply :D

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 am

I was hoping if someone could help me regarding passport processing after attending citizenship ceremony. I applied via JCAP and attended my ceremony on the 8th March.

Today the Passport Office told me that the application is still under review with examiners, but the person on the phone advised that it might be taking longer because the council might have not passed the information yet to the PO.

Has anyone encountered a situation like this? I will be calling the council to check.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:09 am

peckhampelican wrote:I was hoping if someone could help me regarding passport processing after attending citizenship ceremony. I applied via JCAP and attended my ceremony on the 8th March.

Today the Passport Office told me that the application is still under review with examiners, but the person on the phone advised that it might be taking longer because the council might have not passed the information yet to the PO.

Has anyone encountered a situation like this? I will be calling the council to check.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
I did my ceremony the 6th of March and received it the 13th of March.
During the ceremony they said they were going to send the document on the same day and the passport could take up to 4 working weeks to arrive.

Calling the council may be the only way to find out when the documents have been sent.
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

Megi
Newly Registered

Post by Megi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 pm

dianaiulia wrote:
faisal7412 wrote:
dianaiulia wrote:The appointment was on Saturday and they did not mention that they can check the date when I have aquired PR status. I didn't even know they can do that at the appointment, so I didn't even ask the question. I have provided all documentation covering the 6 years, but after arriving from the appointment and reading some posts on forums here describing how applications have been rejected due to a wrong date of aquired PR on UKVI records - even though supporting documents were ok - I have decided not to risk and to withdraw my application. The NCS will return my application and the liuk test by post back to me.

I have written to the Permanent Immigration Office in Liverpool where the PR card was sent from asking them to confirm the date. Once I have that confirmed and it is correct and will apply. It probably is ok, but I could not live with the stress for the next few months. If I would have known sooner, I would have had that date confirmed well before applying.

I would have the date confirmed before applying, just for peace of mind.
It's good to play safe but if you haven't made SAR to home office probably you won't get your required information back. good luck!.
I've received a reply to my email, quote below, so the only way to find out is to make a SAR...
"A deemed date is the date that an applicant is considered to have exercised their treaty rights for a 5 year period and this was added on to the decision letters on 24th November 2016.
Applicants that were granted permanent residency prior to 24th November 2016 will not have a deemed date shown on their decision letter. The onus would be on the applicant to provide sufficient documentary evidence to prove that they have acquired permanent residency on an earlier date when submitting any future applications.
If you require any personal information surrounding your own file or copies of any documentation that may be held on file, you may make a subject access request.
We are unable to guarantee that the information you request will be available."
I also didn't know the date I was granted PR, but NCS worker checked this for us while our meeting. Just a quick phone call to the HO in front of us and we had the date.

Mukaziwanga
Newly Registered

Post by Mukaziwanga » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to this site. I posted a few days ago in another area but no response yet, so hope it's ok to repost here. My application is ready to go except for this issue below.

I am applying for citizenship and having difficulty with how to deal with a fixed penalty issue. I've read a bit about it from previous posts over the years but it seems like in the 2017 guidance and application things may have changed slightly. The application states that fixed penalty notices do not form part of a person's criminal record. However, the guide book states that they must be disclosed. I have seen some posts suggesting there is a difference between a notice and a conviction, but this seem clear based on the application or the guide.

I had a speeding offence in December 2015. I paid the fine but my license must have got lost in the mail and they claimed not to receive it until after the deadline so they refunded the money and sent it to court. There was then a conviction for the same fine (I did not appear in court, just let them handle it) amount which I then paid but the conviction date (ie court date) is June 2016.

I believe I have to declare the penalty as a conviction but I'm worried whether this will affect my application. There seems to be some distinction between penalties paid without going to court and those that have gone to court. Also, the offence was over a year ago but the conviction is less than 12 months. Would this make a difference? I really wanted to get my application in as soon as possible before the usual April price hike. I've been delaying for some years and last years price hike really hurts. Any advice greatly appreciated.

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Mukaziwanga wrote:Hi, I'm new to this site. I posted a few days ago in another area but no response yet, so hope it's ok to repost here. My application is ready to go except for this issue below.

I am applying for citizenship and having difficulty with how to deal with a fixed penalty issue. I've read a bit about it from previous posts over the years but it seems like in the 2017 guidance and application things may have changed slightly. The application states that fixed penalty notices do not form part of a person's criminal record. However, the guide book states that they must be disclosed. I have seen some posts suggesting there is a difference between a notice and a conviction, but this seem clear based on the application or the guide.

I had a speeding offence in December 2015. I paid the fine but my license must have got lost in the mail and they claimed not to receive it until after the deadline so they refunded the money and sent it to court. There was then a conviction for the same fine (I did not appear in court, just let them handle it) amount which I then paid but the conviction date (ie court date) is June 2016.

I believe I have to declare the penalty as a conviction but I'm worried whether this will affect my application. There seems to be some distinction between penalties paid without going to court and those that have gone to court. Also, the offence was over a year ago but the conviction is less than 12 months. Would this make a difference? I really wanted to get my application in as soon as possible before the usual April price hike. I've been delaying for some years and last years price hike really hurts. Any advice greatly appreciated.
You will have to declare it and explain what happened. It will now be up to the case worker to decide whether to grant you BC or not, every application is decided by merit and it will be up to the case workers discretion. Hope it goes well try not to worry

gimmy2017
Newly Registered

Post by gimmy2017 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 am

Dear senior advisors,

I sincerely appreciate your advice and cherish the support we get from this forum. Before I submit my AN form for naturalisation kindly appraise me what to write here as I am afraid that my application may get rejected as I have two issues, one is DR10 and CCJ

1) DR10 In Year 2002, Start of ban 5 FEB 2002 and ended in Nov 2002, since then I never drink . Dates are as follows how should I fill this section
 Start date: 5 Feb 2002
 End date: 4 Nov 2002
 Conviction date: 15 Jan 2002
 Sentencing date: 5 Feb 2002
 Removal date: 15 Jan 2013
o Offence details
 DR10: Driving or attempting to drive with alcohol level above limit
 Fine: £140.00
 Period: 9 months
o Court
East Berkshire Magistrates’ Court
In 3.2 referring to above what should I insert here
Criminal conviction 1
Country where convicted
Nature of offence
Sentence given
Date sentenced D D M M Y Y Y Y

2)
On section 3.3 Do you have any civil judgements against you or any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?
I will mark YES and the details, can I attached court certificate that it is paid now. CCJ For about £ 495 in year 2010 which has been paid and I have received the certificate of confirmation from the court in year 2011

My both issue were disclosed on my ILR APPLICATION and it was approved about three years ago

Can I write on the space provide ON an FORM WHERE IT SAYS Further information not covered in other sections
that CCJ has been paid as per the proof of court on section where it reads -:

3) Last thing what should I write here
1.49 Address of tax office or tax office reference
My NI no and UTR no as I was only self employed between 2011 to 2012 that’s it and rest of the time I was employed ..
Your expert advice and reply would be much much appreciated.
Thank you
Sincerely

gimmy2017
Newly Registered

Post by gimmy2017 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am

Dear senior advisors,

I sincerely appreciate your advice and cherish the support we get from this forum. Before I submit my AN form for naturalisation kindly appraise me what to write here as I am afraid that my application may get rejected as I have two issues, one is DR10 and CCJ

1) DR10 In Year 2002, Start of ban 5 FEB 2002 and ended in Nov 2002, since then I never drink . Dates are as follows how should I fill this section
o Offence details
o Court
Criminal conviction 1
Country where convicted
Nature of offence
Sentence given

2)
On section 3.3 Do you have any civil judgements against you or any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?
I will mark YES and the details, can I attached court certificate that it is paid now. CCJ For about £ 495 in year 2010 which has been paid and I have received the certificate of confirmation from the court in year 2011

My both issue were disclosed on my ILR APPLICATION and it was approved about three years ago

Can I write on the space provide ON an FORM WHERE IT SAYS Further information not covered in other sections

My NI no and UTR no as I was only self employed between 2011 to 2012 that’s it and rest of the time I was employed ..
Thank you
Sincerely

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:06 pm

gimmy2017 wrote:Dear senior advisors,

o Offence details
o Court
Criminal conviction 1
Country where convicted
Nature of offence
Sentence given

2)

Thank you
Sincerely
Yes use the section that says further information
You will have to disclose both issues on your BC application the same way you did when you applied for ILR, the home office has the declarations in the system now anyway from your ILR application. Good character is a requirement that must be met to be granted BC it is now up to your case worker to grant you the BC or not.

vitapower888
Newly Registered

Post by vitapower888 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 pm

I recently applied for Naturalisation and was wondering if I can apply for the British passport too. I have seen in the timeline of naturalisation processing time that a lot of people have applied for the passport application along with naturalisation application. I am quite confused as when I wen to enroll my biometrics at the post office, the lady on the counter who took my biometrics told me that once I receive my citizenship certificate then only I can apply for passport application. Can anyone here verify if I am able to apply for passport application at the moment while my naturalisation application is on process please. Thank you :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:31 am

vitapower888 wrote:I recently applied for Naturalisation and was wondering if I can apply for the British passport too. I have seen in the timeline of naturalisation processing time that a lot of people have applied for the passport application along with naturalisation application. I am quite confused as when I wen to enroll my biometrics at the post office, the lady on the counter who took my biometrics told me that once I receive my citizenship certificate then only I can apply for passport application. Can anyone here verify if I am able to apply for passport application at the moment while my naturalisation application is on process please. Thank you :D
At this stage you can only apply for passport once you are British Citizen, i.e. have received the Naturalisation Certificate.

If you used NCS you could have applied for the passport at the same time, but you can't do this now. If you used postal application you can't apply for passport at the same time.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vitapower888
Newly Registered

Post by vitapower888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:35 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
vitapower888 wrote:I recently applied for Naturalisation and was wondering if I can apply for the British passport too. I have seen in the timeline of naturalisation processing time that a lot of people have applied for the passport application along with naturalisation application. I am quite confused as when I wen to enroll my biometrics at the post office, the lady on the counter who took my biometrics told me that once I receive my citizenship certificate then only I can apply for passport application. Can anyone here verify if I am able to apply for passport application at the moment while my naturalisation application is on process please. Thank you :D
At this stage you can only apply for passport once you are British Citizen, i.e. have received the Naturalisation Certificate.

If you used NCS you could have applied for the passport at the same time, but you can't do this now. If you used postal application you can't apply for passport at the same time.
Thanks for your quick response. Really appreciate it. :D

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:34 pm

I have just completed ceremony and I know that ILR card need to be returned within 5 days. My question is Does anyone know if I need to return my permanent residence biometric card as European family member?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Angie77 wrote:I have just completed ceremony and I know that ILR card need to be returned within 5 days. My question is Does anyone know if I need to return my permanent residence biometric card as European family member?

thanks
No you don't. Only those on the UK immigration route with ILR need to return their BRPs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guka
Newly Registered

Post by guka » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello guys, I submitted my application on the 7th March, as at today I still have not received biometrics letter. Today I called HO and they told me to wait. Does anyone know why there s a delay? Is it because there might be issues with my application? I booked a holiday which starts 6 weeks after my application was submitted thinking I ll surely get it by than. But now I m not sure. Has anyone else been in this situation? Is this the reason to worry about the outcome? Your help will be much appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 pm

guka wrote:Hello guys, I submitted my application on the 7th March, as at today I still have not received biometrics letter. Today I called HO and they told me to wait. Does anyone know why there s a delay? Is it because there might be issues with my application? I booked a holiday which starts 6 weeks after my application was submitted thinking I ll surely get it by than. But now I m not sure. Has anyone else been in this situation? Is this the reason to worry about the outcome? Your help will be much appreciated.
Could take up to four week, I have heard six weeks mentioned ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

etdshap
Newly Registered

Post by etdshap » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Angie77 wrote:I have just completed ceremony and I know that ILR card need to be returned within 5 days. My question is Does anyone know if I need to return my permanent residence biometric card as European family member?

thanks
No you don't. Only those on the UK immigration route with ILR need to return their BRPs.
Hi CR001,

Do you have any official HO link to confirm this? I was under the impression that both the ILR and PR card need to be returned as upon approval of British citizenship they are cancelled.

I just want to make sure that I do the right thing when I received my naturalisation approval letter (whenever that may be).

Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:20 pm

etdshap wrote:
CR001 wrote:

thanks
Hi CR001,

Do you have any official HO link to confirm this? I was under the impression that both the ILR and PR card need to be returned as upon approval of British citizenship they are cancelled.

I just want to make sure that I do the right thing when I received my naturalisation approval letter (whenever that may be).

Thanks in advance.
Your approval letter does not mention return of any EEA document - I just keep mine as a souvenir.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Seems very quiet on the approvals front on this forum. Usually by now the January and February applicants' approvals should be coming in thick and fast....caseworkers on strike or forumites just not updating? :D :D

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Chinho2k wrote:Seems very quiet on the approvals front on this forum. Usually by now the January and February applicants' approvals should be coming in thick and fast....caseworkers on strike or forumites just not updating? :D :D

I applied on 2nd February 2017 through NCS, no good news yet :( Probably case workers taking a break :roll:

TimeInvariant
Newly Registered

Post by TimeInvariant » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:19 am

Hi Folks

A (probably dumb) question for you - I've had the letter from the Home Office requesting I register my biometrics. I have done this straight away at a post office. My question is - do I need to do any other step - or does the Post Office automatically let the Home Office know you've registered? There's nothing on the letter to state either way what you're supposed to do! Presuming because it says nothing, there is nothing to do :)

randomhero594175
Newly Registered

Post by randomhero594175 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:05 am

Hello Guys,

Hopefully i will be writing a final update soon in December 2016 application threads. But just one last question. I attended my ceremony on 06/04/2017 and yesterday i received a text from HMPO that when i receive my passport i must sign it.

Obviously i am away from home that why i am asking this question, Do HMPO send any tracking number or any update like i will receive my passport tomorrow etc. Because the only msg i received is to sign the passport never received anything before that.

Regards,

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:35 am

randomhero594175 wrote:Hello Guys,

Hopefully i will be writing a final update soon in December 2016 application threads. But just one last question. I attended my ceremony on 06/04/2017 and yesterday i received a text from HMPO that when i receive my passport i must sign it.

Obviously i am away from home that why i am asking this question, Do HMPO send any tracking number or any update like i will receive my passport tomorrow etc. Because the only msg i received is to sign the passport never received anything before that.

Regards,
No you do not get a tracking number, once you get a text you need to make sure you are in the house the next 72hours as DX Secure will bring the passport and will require your signature

astonished

Post by astonished » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:54 am

Anyone noticed how much longer it's taking for applications to be processed to reach a decision? For instance, looking back to the Jan and Feb 2016 timeline threads last year, by March 2016 alone many decisions were flying through, after a matter of a handful of weeks! I'd estimate applicants were getting approvals +30 days after submitting biometrics.

Compare this to the Feb timeline of this year, I can only see one applicant so far who has received an approval. It seems getting a decision +60 days after biometrics is now the new normal.

I'd hazard a guess and say it is the Brexit effect. Caseworkers who would normally work on naturalisation are being redeployed to focus on the surge in PR applications from EU nationals looking to secure their residency status following the referendum result.

Interesting!