ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vmathiou
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by vmathiou » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

I applied for PR (QP) in june 2016, prior to brexit and got the PR card in september.

lanvin
Newly Registered

Post by lanvin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:36 am

It was helpful to know that there are many others out there who are playing the waiting game and discussing their timelines.

This is our timeline as below:
EEA husband /Non EEA wife (resident card expired Sept 2016) apply for PR in the same application

Documents sent: 19/09/16
Document received: 20/09/16
payment taken: 21/09/16
Confirmation email received 04/10/16
Biometric letter received: 08/10/16 (dated 03/10/16) - name misspelled, sent an email regarding the error
New biometric letter received: 18/10/16 (dated 17/10/16)
Biometric enrolment: 19/10/16
COA received 21/10/16 dated 20/10/16
Passports requested 22/10/16 (both EEA and non-EEA passports including the passport with the expired residency card):
Passports received: approx. 10-14 days later (can't remember the exact date) via Royal Mail Special Delivery (which I included at the time of application)
EEA PR and all other documents submitted received: 22/03/2017 via Royal Mail Special Delivery (which I included at the time of application)
Non-EEA PR received: 27/03/2017 (was delivered to my home on 23/03/2017 but I wasn't around) by DX, card dated 18 March 2017

Despite the COA letter stating to waiting for the PR documents to be returned before travelling and all the advice I read on the forum about not travelling.. we went to Germany for Christmas and brought along documentation to show that my EEA husband is exercising his treaty rights in the UK (e.g. marriage certificates, payslips, work contracts etc.) if we got asked at the border in Heathrow. At the check-in counter, the airline company in Berlin asked if we lived in the UK and asked to look at my (non-EEA wife) passport/residency card. However, I think he did not realise that it was expired. (My non-EEA passport allows me to travel into the UK as a tourist without a visa anyway). At Heathrow, the UK border agent looked at my passport and expired residency card and waved us through (to our surprise!!) without any questions.

Hence we travelled again 4 more times (Jan-March, by air via Gatwick, Stansted and Heathrow). On our 4th trip back to London, the UK border agent noticed (at Gatwick) that my resident card has expired and asked us some questions e.g. are you married, how long have you been in the UK etc. and we said that we have made an EEA PR application in September 2016. He then sounded nicer and then said that we should be expecting it back soon. He asked me to fill in a landing card (usually not required when I travel with my resident card) and made some notes on it. He then stamped my passport with a 'Admitted under the EEA Regulations 2006' stamp, which is valid for 6 months.

I hope some of you might find my experience with travelling helpful!

Railwaygirl
Newly Registered

Post by Railwaygirl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello all,

Hope somebody could give me some advice.

I'm an EEA citizen and living and working in the UK. Since July 2011.
I've filled out the online application for the PR card last night.
Paid the fee and packed everything to an envelope, will be off to the post office shortly to post it.

But I've just got an email from HO which says that they have received my application. Do you think they mean the online one ? Because they clearly don't have my attached papers and passport.

Is this a normal procedure ?

Thanks all :)

"
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible
."

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Yes, it is normal. now you need to send all the documents.

allain

Post by allain » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:07 pm

hey guys

my wife applied for PR, she is EU citizen, got back within 30 days i think this is was way too quick. if you

exclude the delivery and postage dates then it might be 20 days or sumat, she had clear record of working

with only three employers in 5 years. Also if you call/post letter to HMRC they will give your record of N.I

contribution for 5 years. that will help you with your history.

Regards

Railwaygirl
Newly Registered

Post by Railwaygirl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Thank you. Just been at the post office and posted it with special 1pm delivery. So they should get it tomorrow.
kaffuk wrote:Yes, it is normal. now you need to send all the documents.

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Am about to send my application out for PR. I retained my right (ROR) 2015 after divorce. The ROR will expire by 2020 but I want to apply for PR without waiting till 2020. Now if I apply and receive my COA after doing biometrics, can I request my passport back since I still have residence document in it till 2020. Again can I travel outside UK if I get the passport back while the PR process is going on? Will requesting of passport delay the processing time? Is HO going to give me PR in card form or sticker.

Thanks for helping me out.

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi is any none EEA applicants 6 months waiting time is over and still waiting ? And how long shall we wait after 6 months till call them for updates thanks

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Durrani wrote:Hi youknowhatimeanharry,

Thank your for reply. My time line is as follow -

Application sent: 04/08/2016
delivered: 05/08/2016
Payment taken: 09/08/2016
Biometric Letter received & submmited: 12/09/2016
CoA: 15/10/2016 confirming right of work
Received a call from the case worker on Sunday the 19/02/2017 regarding the email they sent me on the 12/02/2016 to request more documents or take another 5 years family permit, which I never received. I requested the lady if she could send me the email again so I could provide her more evidence but again I did not receive the email. I sent home office a letter by post on the 22/02/2017 to request the same email printed by post. On 27/02/2017 I received all my documents, passports and refusal decision letter.

I would like you to ask if there is any such kind of law which confirms that claiming job seekers allowance actively for more then 91 days in a 5 years time, does it restrict you to apply for an residence permit?

Thanks in advance.
Gook luck everyone.
Hi durani did u appeal again or did u go to court thanks ????

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi please help, just wanna know if i can apply for PR card if my passport is expiring on July 2017? Thanks

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:20 pm

emzhie0419 wrote:Hi please help, just wanna know if i can apply for PR card if my passport is expiring on July 2017? Thanks
Yes, you can. As long as you provide a valid passport on the date of application.
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:51 pm

emzhie0419 wrote:Hi please help, just wanna know if i can apply for PR card if my passport is expiring on July 2017? Thanks
Yes, you can. As long as you provide a valid passport on the date of application.

[If Applicable]

In the event of passport expriing on or before the date of application, you must apply to renew your passport.
You can also send EEA application to your Embassy or High Commission for a letter stating why passport cannot be submitted with EEA application due to a pending passport renewal application. Submit this letter together with a copy of your passport and EEA application to the HO to get the six months rolling. When you recieve your new passport you should submit it to the HO.

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 pm

k7bs wrote:

[If Applicable]

In the event of passport expriing on or before the date of application, you must apply to renew your passport.
You can also send EEA application to your Embassy or High Commission for a letter stating why passport cannot be submitted with EEA application due to a pending passport renewal application. Submit this letter together with a copy of your passport and EEA application to the HO to get the six months rolling. When you recieve your new passport you should submit it to the HO.

Okay, thank you. I actually renew my current passport but the processing is 2-3months. But i need to send my PR application this week. They said my passport is still valid. Just wondering if i can request to the Home Office once i submitted my PR application to send back my current passport so i could get my renewed passport then send my new passport back to the home office?

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 pm

emzhie0419 wrote:
k7bs wrote:

[If Applicable]

Okay, thank you. I actually renew my current passport but the processing is 2-3months. But i need to send my PR application this week. They said my passport is still valid. Just wondering if i can request to the Home Office once i submitted my PR application to send back my current passport so i could get my renewed passport then send my new passport back to the home office?
Are you an EEA national? If yes you can fill an online application and use the European passport return service. That way you get to keep all orginal documents once checked. If not I suggest you submit your application as normal and if necessary request your passport for renewal once checked by HO. Confirmation of PR will be issued on BRP, therefore passport will not be needed once returned.

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 am

Uk2715 wrote:Hi Guys,

Am about to send my application out for PR. I retained my right (ROR) 2015 after divorce. The ROR will expire by 2020 but I want to apply for PR without waiting till 2020. Now if I apply and receive my COA after doing biometrics, can I request my passport back since I still have residence document in it till 2020. Again can I travel outside UK if I get the passport back while the PR process is going on? Will requesting of passport delay the processing time? Is HO going to give me PR in card form or sticker.

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 am

Can somebody help me on the above pls.

Unowhatimeanharrry
Newly Registered

Post by Unowhatimeanharrry » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello every1 has any1 6 months waiting time is up and still waiting none eea and what to do after 6 months if still waiting thanks a lot

Quiqui1
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:05 am

We received our documents today after almost 6months. This is our timeline:

Documents sent: 30/09/16
Document received: 03/10/16
payment taken: Postal order
Biometric letter received: 17/10/16
Biometric enrolment: 04/11/16
EEA PR and all other documents submitted received: 01/04/2017 via Royal Mail Special Delivery (which I included at the time of application)
Non-EEA PR received: Still awaiting

The only problem that I now have is that the "acquired permanent residency date" is not the date that the entered in the U.K for the first time 11/09/11. They put the date that my husband (non-eeu) got his 5years recidency after we got here(05/12/11) . Has this happened to any if you? What can I do?

I hope you can help.

Regards,

Quiqui

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:51 pm

Uk2715 wrote:

Please somebody help me on the above questions.

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:25 am

Uk2715 wrote:
Uk2715 wrote:

In those circumstances yes you can travel and no it shouldn't delay your confirmation of PR APP

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 am

k7bs wrote:
Uk2715 wrote:
Uk2715 wrote:

In those circumstances yes you can travel and no it shouldn't delay your confirmation of PR APP
Thanks K7bs for your kind reply. Pls is the PR going to be a sticker or Card?

Quiqui1
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:19 am

As non-eeu you will get a card

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Update:

Application Sent: 04/10
Application Received: 05/10
Payment Taken: - 06/10
Bio metrics Letter Issued: 11/10
Bio metrics letter received: 20/10
Passport Requested: 11/10
Passport received: 20/10
Bio metrics given: 21/10
COA issued: 25/10
COA received: 27/10

03/04 - I had a call this morning from a caseworker, a very nice lady, she said as she couldn't see any documents of my EEA wife, so instead she will issue another 5 year residence card, to which I politely said that my wife has already acquired PR and her DCPR is with us. She looked into the system and said "Ok let me check and will call me back in 5 minutes". So as I was eagerly waiting, she rang back and apologised and said yes, I will issue you the PR today and you should get your card in the next 10 working days. I happily said thank you and put the phone down.

After about an hour, I had phone call from my MP's office saying that the PR card has been issued and I should get it very soon with the rest of my documents.

So I guess it all worked out fine for me. in total exactly 6 months as I sent in my application on the 3rd of Oct.

I'll update the forum as and when I receive something from the Home Office.

Good luck to all waiting....
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi just wanna ask again, cause my husband's parents who are an EEA nationals would like to apply for a PR certificate. Is it okay if they will apply and fill up just one application? And do they need to fill up the section 2 (sponsor section) beacuse they are both EEA nationals already.

derick 89
Newly Registered

Post by derick 89 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi there,
so am helping my girlfriend who is polish fill her pr application online. she came to the uk in 01/12/2010. started working 01/03/2011 without a wrs as she didn't know about it and her emloyer at the time didn't ask either. also between 31/07/15 to 19/11/15, she stopped working for a while visited poland for about 3 months. she started working again 19/11/15 and she being working since. i know the wrs ended 30/03/2011. so the question is how do i go about her qualifying period. if i only use the last five yrs to apply she would be she will be missing about 4 months between 31/07/15 to 19/11/15. can anyone help pls. Thanks