ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP and Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

milindsm

JCAP and Passport Application

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi

I had submitted my application under JCAP scheme (it was done through a different council as my council is still not a part of JCAP). I had my citizenship ceremony yesterday in my council. I asked the lady if they are going to notify the passport office to which she said, as they are not a part of this JCAP, they don't notify the passport office but they DO notify the Home Office. Does anyone know who notifies the passport office? I called the passport office but they said they haven't been notified yet but the lady was kind enough to put a note on my application that the ceremony has been attended.

Cheers

alterhase58
Germany

Re: JCAP and Passport Application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I think the Home Office will notify HMPO.
No personal experience but remember reading it here somewhere.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:55 pm

The Council notify the HO and the HO then notify the HMPO.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks Guys!

I called HMPO this morning and they still haven't received any notification from HO. So I called HO (with my ref number) and they said they don't have access to that area of the system so they are not sure if HMPO is notified or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:41 pm

It can take a week or two for the notification to go through. You had your ceremony 2 days ago :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Casa wrote:The Council notify the HO and the HO then notify the HMPO.
I know ...can't wait to make a travel plan :P

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:55 pm

milindsm wrote:Hi

I had submitted my application under JCAP scheme (it was done through a different council as my council is still not a part of JCAP). I had my citizenship ceremony yesterday in my council. I asked the lady if they are going to notify the passport office to which she said, as they are not a part of this JCAP, they don't notify the passport office but they DO notify the Home Office. Does anyone know who notifies the passport office? I called the passport office but they said they haven't been notified yet but the lady was kind enough to put a note on my application that the ceremony has been attended.

Cheers
You need to be patient for a few more days as you only did it a couple of days ago