ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of citizenship application

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srh98
Newly Registered

Proof of citizenship application

Post by srh98 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi!

I am a UK citizen and resident, and before Christmas I applied for proof of Canadian citizenship as my mum was born in Canada and has a current passport. I received an email on the 12th of Jan saying that my application had been received and that "The application and documents will now be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is required."

I have been trying to check the status of my application on http://cic.gc.ca, but I'm finding that the system always says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." I heard the other day that some special formatting is needed in terms of the application number or UCI for this form to work. Does anyone else have any experience of this? Or does it just indicate that immigration hasn't got to my case yet and I will need to wait until the normal processing time has completed (5 months) before contacting them?

Thanks in advance for your help!