ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for additional documents (EEA)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Request for additional documents (EEA)

Post by Nutmeg » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi all,

I applied for UK naturalisation at the end of January at the Camden (London) NCS. I just received a letter asking for additional evidence. I have a couple questions about it:

1) The letter says I should provide the additional info by the 10th of March. I hope it's a typo, since the letter is dated 27/3 and the case report says it's pending to the 10/4, but should I contact the HO about this?

2) The information requested is evidence of residence in the UK from January 2016 (when I got my PR document) to January 2017. They ask for original documents. Now, when I applied I included as proof of residence a letter from my university saying I will be a full time student until September 2018. So do you have any idea why they would want additional evidence about that year? And also, should I send more than 1 document just in case?

My hope is that since they only requested one specific thing the rest of the application is fine :)

Thanks for the help!!

salmintin

Re: Request for additional documents (EEA)

Post by salmintin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am

Nutmeg wrote:Hi all,

I applied for UK naturalisation at the end of January at the Camden (London) NCS. I just received a letter asking for additional evidence. I have a couple questions about it:

1) The letter says I should provide the additional info by the 10th of March. I hope it's a typo, since the letter is dated 27/3 and the case report says it's pending to the 10/4, but should I contact the HO about this?

2) The information requested is evidence of residence in the UK from January 2016 (when I got my PR document) to January 2017. They ask for original documents. Now, when I applied I included as proof of residence a letter from my university saying I will be a full time student until September 2018. So do you have any idea why they would want additional evidence about that year? And also, should I send more than 1 document just in case?

My hope is that since they only requested one specific thing the rest of the application is fine :)

Thanks for the help!!
1) Probably a typo. You may contact them if you wish, or you can include a covering letter that points out the typo.

2) Maybe they thought the evidence is insufficient (for some reason)
And also, should I send more than 1 document just in case?
There's no penalty for sending too many documents. If I were you I would send a mountain of evidence, not only 1-2 documents :roll: Both official and "unofficial", from letters from university and letters from employers to bank statements, bills, tenancy agreements, Student Finance Letters, (legalized) copy of student ID, letters from doctors / NHS etc

By the way, what evidence did you submit when you applied?

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Post by Nutmeg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks for the answer!

I will probably send everything I have, at this stage. I hope they have gone through the rest and that was the only issue, since I guess otherwise they would have rejected it :o

Anyway, the evidence I sent was a letter from my university (copied by the NCS) stating that I will be a full-time student until September 2018. What I found peculiar is that that letter covers a period that goes from September 2015 to September 2018, and for the previous year I provided a similar kind of evidence (I've always been here as a student), but they only asked for additional evidence for the period from January 2016 to January 2017. Do you have any idea of what this may be due to?

Regards

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:26 am

Nutmeg wrote:Thanks for the answer!

I will probably send everything I have, at this stage. I hope they have gone through the rest and that was the only issue, since I guess otherwise they would have rejected it :o

Anyway, the evidence I sent was a letter from my university (copied by the NCS) stating that I will be a full-time student until September 2018. What I found peculiar is that that letter covers a period that goes from September 2015 to September 2018, and for the previous year I provided a similar kind of evidence (I've always been here as a student), but they only asked for additional evidence for the period from January 2016 to January 2017. Do you have any idea of what this may be due to?

Regards
The simple (and probably correct) answer is that they were not satisfied with the evidence you sent :roll: As long as you now send solid evidence, you will probably not have any issues.

When was the letter dated? What else did you submit with the application? Just two educational letters?

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Post by Nutmeg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:48 am

The letter was from October 2015. What puzzles me is that if the letter were not a good enough evidence they would have asked for additional evidence for the previous years too, since I provided the same sort of evidence.

Anyway yes, that was the only evidence I sent. I thought it was pretty solid to be honest. This time I will send it again together with a few payslips, council tax, a contract exc. From November 2015 I have been doing some occasional work within the university, so I have that evidence too.

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Post by Nutmeg » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi all,

I also have a few extra doubts about my case.

1) In the annex to the letter asking for additional evidence of residence explicitly for the period in which I had already been granted permanent residence they list the possible documents I could send to proved such residence. For students, the annex states that evidence could be 'letters from school, colleges, universities exc. AND the policy confirming comprehensive sickness insurance).

Now, this is a bit puzzling, since I thought that for that year I did not have to be exercising treaty rights (since I had already been granted PR status). Unfortunately the CSI I used to apply for PR (my Italian EHIC card) expired in April 2016, but I did not think it would have been a problem. In the AN for the need of a CSI is not mentioned anywhere, so I think it's a bit strange they ask for it now.

2) From November 2015 (before the period they ask for...), on top of being a student, I have been on the payroll of my university to carry out some work on an "as and required basis". I haven't earned much from it, to be honest, just a few hundred pounds. I have one p60 form, covering up to April 2016, and another couple of payslips (I only work occasionally...). Would this be an acceptable form of evidence for the whole year (I mean 01-2016-01.2017)?

3) In the annex they do not mention any sort of evidence like council tax, bills, NHS letters exc, should I send this as well for my application or would it be redundant?

I am a bit annoyed because my case is relatively straightforward and I didn't foresee any issue.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 am

Nutmeg wrote:The letter was from October 2015.
Well there lies the problem. The letter is not sufficient evidence that you actually attended University. That letter merely states your status at that moment in time and your intentions. I think the request for extra evidence is justified.

Now from your second post:

1) I do not know too much about CSI and whether it is (legally) required or not if you are a student, however remember that you no longer need to exercise treaty rights after you become permanent resident.

2-3) I would send ALL documents you mentioned + anything else I may find at home. You know first hand that it's easy to make a bad judgement and send the wrong documents. This is probably your last chance. Send everything.

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Post by Nutmeg » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:42 pm

salmintin wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:The letter was from October 2015.
Well there lies the problem. The letter is not sufficient evidence that you actually attended University. That letter merely states your status at that moment in time and your intentions. I think the request for extra evidence is justified.

Now from your second post:

1) I do not know too much about CSI and whether it is (legally) required or not if you are a student, however remember that you no longer need to exercise treaty rights after you become permanent resident.

2-3) I would send ALL documents you mentioned + anything else I may find at home. You know first hand that it's easy to make a bad judgement and send the wrong documents. This is probably your last chance. Send everything.

Thanks for the reply!

I still find it surprising the evidence was required only from January 2016, but I guess they considered my PR card a sufficient proof for the previous 4 years. Tomorrow I will ask my university for an up-to-date letter, and also I will ask their payroll service if they can give me a letter stating I have been doing some temporary work for them. On top of that I will ask the NHS centre where I am registered to give me a letter, as well as sending council tax bills, the P60 form, the payslips exc.

I hope that since they only asked for that specific thing the application would be approved as soon as possible afterwards, if they are happy with the evidence!

Regards