ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jayilr
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by jayilr » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm

hi Orlio,
Could you please let us know what email from home office you sent the complaint email to? Also did you mention anything about contacting the MP on this or was it a generic email with the complaint?
Thanks

vut88

Post by vut88 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 pm

I am in the same board, If I vary application from SET(O) to SET (LR) do I need to mention about Tax amendments etc.

vut88

Post by vut88 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi Orlio, What a nice post. Thanks a lot and congratulation

Orlio
Newly Registered

Post by Orlio » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm

jayilr wrote:hi Orlio,
Could you please let us know what email from home office you sent the complaint email to? Also did you mention anything about contacting the MP on this or was it a generic email with the complaint?
Thanks
Hello Jayilr,
I sent it to the complaints email address that is on the UKBA website which I think some have also shared here but for the benefit of everyone, I have decided to also show you guys the complaints letter I sent to HO which is also essentially the same letter I sent to my MP but with slight amendments.
For me I felt there was no need to mention in the letter to HO that I had complained to MP as it would not sound professional really. I just decided to complain to both avenue independently knowing that both will get to them anyways :)! Thanks again to everyone and hope the below is useful and that you will hear good news really soon.

UKBA complaints email address: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Complaints allocation hub My name, address and phone no
Central point of receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir/Madam,

Formal Complaint on the current delay re: Indefinite Leave Application (3rd May 2016) Reference: 00000000 - Case ID: 0000000

I am writing to formally complain about the lack of communication and length of time the UKBA is taking to process my Indefinite Leave (SET O) Visa Application. I posted my application to UKBA on 03 May 2016 after the qualifying period on my Tier 1 General (Highly Skilled Immigrant) visa category. Based on the UKBA website and initial biometric letter addressed to me, it was advised that the time frame for deciding my application would normally be within 6 months and if this were not possible that I would be kept informed.

I was requested to complete biometrics on 18 May 2016 and after 5 months I received a letter dated 06 October 2016 informing me that my application would not be decided within 6 months because an interview was required as part of my application and I was asked to wait for further information. After 7 weeks of silence I sent a letter on 24 November 2016 (attached) asking about the progress of my application. After a total of almost 10 weeks I received a letter on 15 December 2016 offering an interview date.

My interview was held on 04 January 2017 and although the interviewer could not confirm to me when a decision could be reached, he suggested that it would only be a matter of weeks and no longer months as my case was straight forward. However, it has been 10 weeks since my interview and I have yet to receive any information whatsoever from UKBA. My telephone enquiries to them have been repeatedly answered with a standard response that my application is still being processed. I also wrote to the UKBA on 24 February 2017 (letter attached) confirming that I would be very happy to provide more information to the UKBA with regards to my application if any further clarification was needed to reach a decision sooner. This delay is currently causing me unimaginable psychological, physical, mental and financial stress. I would really appreciate if you could speed up the progress of receiving news from UKBA as 10 months and two weeks is too long a time to endure such stress and uncertainty.

The whole visa application, a long and arduous process of more than 10 months now has become a very unpleasant and difficult experience. It has left me in a very difficult and vulnerable position both financially and emotionally. I have had all my employment contracts cancelled due to the visa expiry on 30 May 2016 and I am unable to find any employment. I am currently experiencing severe hardship as I am struggling to pay my bills, keep my accommodation or visit my elderly parents and siblings in other parts of the world.
I thank you for your attention and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Orlio

jayilr
Newly Registered

Post by jayilr » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks for you reply. This will be very useful for everyone in the forum!

ekoonibaje
Newly Registered

Post by ekoonibaje » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Delay didn't turn to denial

I can confirm receipt of my ILR after many months of waiting.
Yes, I made a genuine amendment
Yes, I received that 'complex letter'
Yes, I had to involved my MP (could have lost many weeks more just waiting and praying)
Yes, I had to attend an interview many miles away from my place
Yes, I was really scared, nearly depressed but

today that is in the past,we give God the glory.

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:59 pm

[quote="ekoonibaje"]Delay didn't turn to denial

I can confirm receipt of my ILR after many months of waiting.
Yes, I made a genuine amendment
Yes, I received that 'complex letter'
Yes, I had to involved my MP (could have lost many weeks more just waiting and praying)
Yes, I had to attend an interview many miles away from my place
Yes, I was really scared, nearly depressed but

today that is in the past,we give God the glory.

Congrats buddy !!! May I ask when did u apply for ILR. and was it self employed or director of company?
thanks

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:30 am

Hi ekoonibaje,

Congratulations on your victory, your victory just gave me hope. Mine is the same with yours-genuine amendment, complex letter, contact MP though MP have not responded, recent interview. Really scared and nearly depressed.Am hoping my delay will not be denial.

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Post by dk_kk » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:40 pm

after 8 1/2 months... i've received HO letter on 31/03/2017 with questionnaire form asking for more information related to self employment and related proofs such as SA302, company returns, etc., im gonna reply back in next days.

previously i wrote a complaint letter to HO and MP on march 6th stating the time delay and explained reason for not being able to secure new contract without valid visa, did receive response from MP in two days but HO replied only after 25 days (one day after I received the letter).

Actually on last Monday I did sent form to premium upgrade but HO rejected, i think it made the officers to look at my file, anyway still long awaiting ahead. I pray god to bring good luck with these very energetic officers:D

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Energetic officers and them. No way, this uk visas and immigration thing is good for nothing. They're charging us such an extortionate fee and giving in return the pathetic service. Actually, shameful work done by them.

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:07 am

Hi All Senior members,
Need your expert advice.
I have applied ILR from Tier 1 general on April 2016, I have tax amendments for year 2010-11 & 2012-13. I have received letters from Home office about complex issue and it won’t be decided within six month time in December. This is common on all cases of amendments. On second week of March this year I had interview about application which lasted about 50 mins and they ask me all in and out about tax amendments. I was completely shaken by this, and has turned my life upside down, hence I contacted couple of solicitors who unanimously advise me to vary application to ILR (LR). I have completed 10 years in UK with good immigration history. Since I applied to vary application, my application reached to HO three weeks ago and money was debited next day, but I have not received biometric letter for new application. Now my questions are,
1. What are the chances the HO ignore variation and give decision on old application. In such cases do I have right to challenge them to overlook variation.
2. How long normally it takes HO to confirm variation in such cases.
I would appreciate if you share your experience, I am having sleepless nights.
Thanks

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm

SM03KUW wrote:Hi All Senior members,
Need your expert advice.
I have applied ILR from Tier 1 general on April 2016, I have tax amendments for year 2010-11 & 2012-13. I have received letters from Home office about complex issue and it won’t be decided within six month time in December. This is common on all cases of amendments. On second week of March this year I had interview about application which lasted about 50 mins and they ask me all in and out about tax amendments. I was completely shaken by this, and has turned my life upside down, hence I contacted couple of solicitors who unanimously advise me to vary application to ILR (LR). I have completed 10 years in UK with good immigration history. Since I applied to vary application, my application reached to HO three weeks ago and money was debited next day, but I have not received biometric letter for new application. Now my questions are,
1. What are the chances the HO ignore variation and give decision on old application. In such cases do I have right to challenge them to overlook variation.
2. How long normally it takes HO to confirm variation in such cases.
I would appreciate if you share your experience, I am having sleepless nights.
Thanks
Hi,
I am in the same situation, i had amendment for year 2010-2011 adn 201-2013. although all the taxes are paid. but there is variation in my self employment income every year as i was working a full time job as well.
Now i have the option to apply ILR on the 10 year basis or reply to the questioner HO sent me last week as for all the tax return of 5 years and amendments.

Can anyone advise which option good to go for me to proceed ?

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am

HI all,

I had my interview last week. Below are the questions i was asked according to my application.

My Ilr application was based on 2 employments. Hope this helps.

1. During your claim period who did you work for?
2. With regard to your employment– please explain what your role is within this company.
3. How long have you worked for XXXXX?
1. How did you obtain this position?
2. What are your hours and days of work for XXXXX?
3. What is your salary?
4. You have also enclosed details of another company you work for called XXXXX. Please explain specifically what your role is within this company?
5. How long have you worked for them?
6. What type of contract do you have with XXXXX? Can you supply a copy of your contract?
7. How did you obtain this position?
8. How many hours per week did you work for XXXXXX?
9. During your period working for XXXXXX how many hours per week did you work for them on average?
10. What was your salary with XXXXX?
11. What service do the company provide?
12. How many employees do the company have?
13. How can you work for a company for 6 months and not know how many staff they employ?
14. What were the opening times of the companies UK office?
15. What days and times is the UK office open?
17. Who is the director of the company?
18. Who did you report to at the company? (Name)
19. What is the address of the premises you work from for the company.
20. How did you manage to work this company while working full time for another company?
21. If remote working for this company how is your work assessed?
22. XXXXXX was the person who assessed your work?
23. How can XXXXXX access your work when he is the business manager? This is surely not the role of him.
24. Why were you getting this work if your role is different?
25. Apart from XXXXXX and XXXXXX can you name any other employees you had contact with at this company?
26. What is the registered address of this company? Where are they based?
27. In your application for leave to remain under Tier 1 in 2013 you claimed earnings from a company called XXXXXX. Is there a connection between XXXXXX and this company?
28. Did you know that XXXXXX and this company were based at the same address?
29. What was your role at XXXXXX?
30. Why do the letterheads of XXXXXX and XXXXXX not contain any contact telephone number?
31. Why would a legitimate company not have a contact telephone number?
32. Your bank statements show that in the period of your application you transferred out of your account over £9,000 to account no XXXXXX. This is a different account to the supplied savings account. Do you have access to this account?
Interviewer: Please ask applicant to send bank statements relating to this account within 2 weeks to following address:
33. In your application for leave to remain under Tier 1 in 2010 you claimed earnings of £XXXXX comprised of earnings from XXXXX and XXXXXX. Is this correct?
34. As part of our case working process, we have sought information from HMRC in relation to your earnings. HMRC records show that you have declared total earnings of only XXXXX for the 2010-2011 tax years. Can you please provide an explanation for these discrepancies?
35. When did you first become aware that you had not declared accurate records to HMRC?
36. What was the name of the accountant that you used in your previous Tier 1 (General) applications?
37. Did you have sight of the tax returns before they were submitted to HMRC?
38. Did you sign the tax returns before they were submitted to HMRC?
39. As you are self-employed you are responsible for any tax declarations made to HMRC – why did you not identify the large discrepancies in net profit when you reviewed the self-assessment form that had been produced by your accountant?

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:44 am

Hi,

Anyone know what is happening ? anyone received VISA recently ? Applied may 2016 and attended inter in fed end and no updates till now. when ever I phone it's same answer still consideration. What in the hell is taking them so long. They are really pissing people off. If they don't want to give visa they could just say rather than keeping passports. It's bullshit excuse they are giving that they are waiting for gov bodies info but in reality someone bored and playing with lives or could be a raciest became head of the HO and playing.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi
I applied for the ILR from Tier 1 General and the dates are as follows

Application Sent: 05.04.2017
Application Received: 06.04.2017
Payment Deducted: 07.04.2017

Waiting for any more confirmation, will keep the form updated.

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:50 pm

They always have time to take payment with in one day but no time to process the application even after year. And they want us to believe that. 6 months is very long time but an year very way too much to piss take.

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello Guys,

Some update one of my friend received rejection letter yesterday. I am not entirely sure the exact reason, but as of my understanding it was regarding tax discrepancy in year 2010/11 and they are not happy with the interview answers. This is after 14months after he applied. Don't want to panic everyone but it's just give some heads up.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm

@ Reddy7 thanks for sharing mate, any info regarding postal applications is useful

Seems like 10-14 months is the standard waiting time for postal applications these days, disgraceful service but as expected.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:06 pm

[quote="Reddy7"]Hello Guys,

HO is rejecting application if they are not satisfied with the answers, especially how they manage full time job with business and why tax return was amended. Its hard to answer for me as well. I have heard 3 cases have been rejected recently - one for the full time employment issue, he has some employer issue and 1 was not answered how he had managed both? and why he has to amend the accounts. And one guys did not amend the account, did not pay tax, got rejection and applied to administrative review till last stages rejections now he is going back home with his family. SAD!!
HO do not like self employed HO don't like tax return amendment. They have pissed off with this and as per newton third law "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". is happening now. Good Luck everyone. God bless all of us. I am also in the Q. Please remember me in your prays.

nhraviraj
Newly Registered

Post by nhraviraj » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:57 pm

@sarahkhan175 & @Reddy7

You've mentioned some applications got rejected.
Could you please let me know how long did HO take to make a decision after the interview?

Recently my work place did a right to work check and they've extended it by another 6 months.
1st check Oct 2016 - April 2017, 2nd check Apr 2017 - Oct 2017.

I applied in May 2016 at the Solihull office - Got rejected the same day for the tax discrepancy regarding 1 year.

Fixed everything and re applied in May 2016.

Background
I had my interview on 16th of March 2017 and had 25 questions in total and it lasted about 40 minutes.
I had two jobs in the first T1 application and extension. Afterwards, only one job (PAYE)
I did have tax amendments for 1 year (the year I applied for extension) 1st T1 application tax is all good.

INterview was about my job and self employment in the initial and extension application.
I did run the business in the gap year and paid taxes on time. Didn't do the SA for the extension year.

Was asked about it. Precisely 2 questions and I responded with valid reasons (that's what I think and my solicitor thinks).

Thanking in advance!

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:27 am

[quote="nhraviraj"]@sarahkhan175 & @Reddy7

The time scale is not guaranteed, HO can take as long as they want. Depends on individuals application and lawyer as well. My Lawyer said current time is up to 12 months but some of our forum member has been till 14 months or more.
Boys who have been rejected did not answer in interview and got confused now many solicitors are trying to go with clients so they can support. If you have everything genuine so I am sure we can answer with full confident. Han if someone has made up things for staying in UK then yes they could not answer in front of case worker until he/she is a super intelligent one.
Also its depends on the luck. Same scenario same number of amendments done one applicant approved and other one got rejection.

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:00 am

Yes I agrees with SarahkhanBut but it’s not just how genuine you are. It’s about who can lie on face too. Come on they ask questions about 7 years back and some questions are ridiculous, they asked me from bank statement which I submitted. Who in the hell can remember what transaction you made and why. And they won’t let you see the papers is it exam? Nowadays they are sending questionnaires to person and asking to reply within 2 weeks of time. How is this fair, we been pinned down to answer without seeing and now they can take time and write. Fair enough where you work, how you did your business and all. But they ask when did you stopped working here and when did you started working there randomly from 7 years back. I think HO lost here and don’t know what they are doing.

Paulio
Newly Registered

Post by Paulio » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 pm

I would be intereested to know if anyone who applied in 2017 has had their application approved. From what I can gather the latest successful applications seen to mainly be from Sep'16. I may have read one person from Dec'16 any later?

deboye13
Newly Registered

Post by deboye13 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 pm

been a silent reader for a while but the wait is so agonising.

Application sent: 14/11/2016
Application Received: 15/11/2016
Payment deducted: 17/11/2016
biometric letter dated: 25/11/2016
biometric done: 06/12/2016

still waiting.....
p.s I know someone who applied a month before me on 8th of october and got his ILR 10/04/2017.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

deboye13 wrote:been a silent reader for a while but the wait is so agonising.

Application sent: 14/11/2016
Application Received: 15/11/2016
Payment deducted: 17/11/2016
biometric letter dated: 25/11/2016
biometric done: 06/12/2016

still waiting.....
p.s I know someone who applied a month before me on 8th of October and got his ILR 10/04/2017.
Hello is that guy who applied in October had any tax issues or anything with hmrc.