ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I book premium service now, will pay the 2016 fee?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mql1985
Newly Registered

If I book premium service now, will pay the 2016 fee?

Post by mql1985 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23 am

Hi, so the ILR fee increases to 2297 (post application) in a couple of days. I can apply in May. The current (2016 level) premium fee is 2375. If I book an appointment in May, am I going to pay the 2016 fee (2375)? Or the 2297+premium? Thank you very much!

pupulu

Re: If I book premium service now, will pay the 2016 fee?

Post by pupulu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello Members,
I am in the same situation as well. I have booked for the premium service now for appointment in May.I have Paid the current fees £2375. Not sure if I have to pay the difference as my appointment is after 6th April 2017.

regards
P/S

galeph
Newly Registered

Post by galeph » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm not booking for premium service but by post... also ILR

my solicitors said they'll send everything out tomorrow afternoon but the package will clearly be received by home office after 6th April even if it's by the fastest delivery... it should still just be the 2016 fee right? and not the new fee?

my solicitors also said that law firms are suppose to be notified 40 days before any changes... it's weird how they didn't even know and we had to tell them??? Within a one day notice too lol ^^;

pupulu

Post by pupulu » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:47 am

galeph wrote:I'm not booking for premium service but by post... also ILR

my solicitors said they'll send everything out tomorrow afternoon but the package will clearly be received by home office after 6th April even if it's by the fastest delivery... it should still just be the 2016 fee right? and not the new fee?

my solicitors also said that law firms are suppose to be notified 40 days before any changes... it's weird how they didn't even know and we had to tell them??? Within a one day notice too lol ^^;
Hello Galeph,
IMO if you book the premium appointment today, the cost would be as per the pre 6th april Cost which would match to the Postal application cost after the 6th April . So why not book the premium appointment Today.

Just my thought, not sure if they would charge the difference later.

regards,
P/S

galeph
Newly Registered

Post by galeph » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

pupulu wrote:
galeph wrote:I'm not booking for premium service but by post... also ILR

Hello Galeph,
IMO if you book the premium appointment today, the cost would be as per the pre 6th april Cost which would match to the Postal application cost after the 6th April . So why not book the premium appointment Today.

Just my thought, not sure if they would charge the difference later.

regards,
P/S
Thanks for your reply! It's just because premium service is not available for my category so I have to do it by post, in which case it'll be the pre 6th April fee right?
I've already sent it off! Fingers crossed for good news :D

vut88

Post by vut88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:55 am

So strange, HO just doing whatever they want to do because nobody is there to chase them. Postal Application fee £2297 ? For what service?

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am

Hi

According the Rule 34G of the immigration guidance postal date is applicable for the old fee structure, in other words if you posted on the 5th April they would charge you the old fees.

I hope the moderators or Guru's can correct me if I'm wrong.

Many Thanks
Sal