ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter and fees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hemant_lakhani

Biometric letter and fees

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am

Hi, I have applied for citizenship for me and my wife through NCS appointment on 21 March.
Home office charged 1 fees of 1236, I also checked with bank, only one transaction of 1236 was attempted, nothing declined by the bank.
Today I received 2 letters for both of us dated 31 March to get the biometric done.
But both letters have text as:
"There is a balance of fee outstanding on your application. If you have not paid the full fee and enrolled your biometric within the specified timescales, your application may be rejected as invalid. Your application will not be considered and your fee will be refunded less an administration fee of £25 for each person included in the application."

Please advise how do I get this sorted? Thanks

blessedtoday

Re: Biometric letter and fees

Post by blessedtoday » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:33 am

hemant_lakhani wrote:Hi, I have applied for citizenship for me and my wife through NCS appointment on 21 March.
Home office charged 1 fees of 1236, I also checked with bank, only one transaction of 1236 was attempted, nothing declined by the bank.
Today I received 2 letters for both of us dated 31 March to get the biometric done.
"There is a balance of fee outstanding on your application. If you have not paid the full fee and enrolled your biometric within the specified timescales, your application may be rejected as invalid. Your application will not be considered and your fee will be refunded less an administration fee of £25 for each person included in the application."

I think you can ring the citizenship department on 0300 123 2253 and ask them if you can send another payment slip by post. I am not sure if the UKVI takes payment on the phone these days

hemant_lakhani

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 am

Can someone confirm if this is standard text home office mention in all letters for biometric even if the fees is paid in full?

hemant_lakhani

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm

blessedtoday wrote:
hemant_lakhani wrote:Hi, I have applied for citizenship for me and my wife through NCS appointment on 21 March.

I think you can ring the citizenship department on 0300 123 2253 and ask them if you can send another payment slip by post. I am not sure if the UKVI takes payment on the phone these days
I did call the home office, they are not able to advise, suggested me to send email to nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or letter to home office!
I wanted to know if home office include this text in all letters for biometrics even if full fee is paid ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm

No they don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.