ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yr ban for naturalisation for daughter who was a minor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

roanne15

10 yr ban for naturalisation for daughter who was a minor

Post by roanne15 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 am

Morning All

My daughter who is 21 is thinking for applying for her naturalisation. She came to the UK when she was 3 years old, so has been in the UK 18years, my immigration history was I entered the UK in 1998, after being an over stayer I fell under the legacy case and was granted indefinite leave in 2008 on compassionate grounds outside immigration rules, in which case l only can apply for naturalisation next year. My question is will this apply to her as well?

Many thanks

blessedtoday

Re: 10 yr ban for naturalisation for daughter who was a mino

Post by blessedtoday » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

roanne15 wrote:Morning All

My daughter who is 21 is thinking for applying for her naturalisation. She came to the UK when she was 3 years old, so has been in the UK 18years, my immigration history was I entered the UK in 1998, after being an over stayer I fell under the legacy case and was granted indefinite leave in 2008 on compassionate grounds outside immigration rules, in which case l only can apply for naturalisation next year. My question is will this apply to her as well?

Many thanks
What is your daughters current immigration status, as she is over 18 any application she makes has to be on her own merit.

roanne15

Post by roanne15 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:53 am

Many thanks[/quote]
What is your daughters current immigration status, as she is over 18 any application she makes has to be on her own merit.[/quote]

Yes she's over 21, and has had Indefinite Leave to Remain since she was 13years old having completed her education from primary to university, which she completed last year and is now working. She is thinking of using the NCS service. Will she need to mention anything in regards to the 10 year ban, or leave it for the NCS officer to inform her once they have made the call to Home Office.

Thank you again for your response

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:26 pm

How do you know that there's a 10 yr ban imposed on her?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Kashif_Hussain wrote:How do you know that there's a 10 yr ban imposed on her?
The OP was referring to himself, and whether his ban would be an issue for his daughter when applying for BC. Every person applying has to comply individually with all the requirements, so on the face of it should not be a problem as far as "Good Character" is concerned. Clearly, daughter will list parents' name so this could be cross-checked by UKVI. Applicant is free to mention this at the NCS appointment but not sure what they can do about it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

roanne15

Post by roanne15 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 pm

that is the question l am asking

roanne15

Post by roanne15 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
The OP was referring to himself, and whether his ban would be an issue for his daughter when applying for BC. Every person applying has to comply individually with all the requirements, so on the face of it should not be a problem as far as "Good Character" is concerned. Clearly, daughter will list parents' name so this could be cross-checked by UKVI. Applicant is free to mention this at the NCS appointment but not sure what they can do about it.
Thank you for your response. It might be better not to mention is, like you said everything will be crossed checked anyway and hopefully they will treat her application on its own merits and not by what affects me the parent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 pm

What was her immigration status before she got ILR aged 13?

Applying as an adult, she will be subject to the good character requirement.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 05532.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

roanne15

Post by roanne15 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:54 pm

CR001 wrote:What was her immigration status before she got ILR aged 13?

Applying as an adult, she will be subject to the good character requirement.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 05532.html
Her status from 3years old to 11 would be over stayer, falling under my category as her parent. When l was granted ILR she was 12 years old.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm

She will likely need to wait till the 10 year anniversary of her ILR before she will be successful. But suggest wait for others to respond too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

roanne15

Post by roanne15 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

CR001 wrote:She will likely need to wait till the 10 year anniversary of her ILR before she will be successful. But suggest wait for others to respond too.
Thank you CR001

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:34 am

I agree with Char she is best of waiting for her 10 years anniversary with ILR because she was an over stayer from age 3 to 11