ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony location

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Coldwinter

Citizenship ceremony location

Post by Coldwinter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Folks
I have recently applied for naturalisation. The citizenship ceremony dates in my council have long wait times. I was wondering if there is a way to change ceremony location after application approval (hoping it gets approved)?

Thanks

Casa

Re: Citizenship ceremony location

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Coldwinter wrote:Folks
I have recently applied for naturalisation. The citizenship ceremony dates in my council have long wait times. I was wondering if there is a way to change ceremony location after application approval (hoping it gets approved)?

Thanks
This can be a lengthy process as your council will have to return the registration to the HO before the venue can be changed. You may want to pay the higher fee to have a private ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

blessedtoday

Re: Citizenship ceremony location

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:36 am

Coldwinter wrote:Folks

Thanks
You are better off paying to have a private ceremony