ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your main reasons for using these boards?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

What are your top 3 reasons for using immigrationboards.com ?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am

To get advice on a specific issue related to my immigration case before I apply
24%
To check that I have applied correctly, after I apply
10%
To input on my progress (timeline)
10%
To check progress on other people's cases (timeline)
10%
To share my advice and help others
19%
To stay up-to date on new immigration rules and regulations
24%
Other (please add a comment if you select this).
5%

Total votes: 21

kamoe

Your main reasons for using these boards?

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am

Hi

I have used these boards for over a year while I was awaiting my EEA RC. I have seen different people use them for different reasons, and I have detected some problems when people deviate from the intended use of some threads, etc.

I thought it would be useful for all of us to understand a bit better how everyone is using the boards, so that we can all better manage our communications.

Please feel free to give your answers!!!

NOTE: because of the current political climate, I am interested in seeing answers specifically for EEA applications.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Re: Your main reasons for using these boards?

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am

I have a feeling that the moderators and respected Gurus will all tick the boxes for "To share advice and help others" and "To stay up-to-date on immigration rules and regulations". Not sure if you would want us to vote on this or not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:51 am

secret.simon wrote:I have a feeling that the moderators and respected Gurus will all tick the boxes for "To share advice and help others" and "To stay up-to-date on immigration rules and regulations". Not sure if you would want us to vote on this or not.
Yeah, go ahead. All is interesting.
(I have a feeling most people don't even bother reading other people's posts anyway. :P)
Let's see how this evolves over the week.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

CMOS
Newly Registered

Post by CMOS » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Whenever I find myself thinking "Oh, why does it have to be so complicated?!?" I come to these forums, read about other people's problems, and suddenly all those little inconveniences I was facing start to feel so insignificant :roll: .

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:58 pm

CMOS wrote:Whenever I find myself thinking "Oh, why does it have to be so complicated?!?" I come to these forums, read about other people's problems, and suddenly all those little inconveniences I was facing start to feel so insignificant :roll: .
LOL. Great answer! :P

ILR4PVM

Post by ILR4PVM » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 pm

I read through most of the threads, even the 'other countries' as well - mainly because if I could start over, I would have studied immigration law. I never knew I liked it so much until I met this beautiful forum <3

The most intriguing ones for me are the threads where someone is close to being shown the door and the final desperate attempts to find ways to stay. The back and forth replies come thick and fast.. and then silence :roll: It leaves me dangling with so many unanswered queries about what happened to that individual and his loved ones. I am still searching for that one reply when someone comes back, say after a decade and replies to his own thread on how everything worked out well in the end.. wishful thinking probably :!:

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:42 pm

ILR4PVM wrote:I read through most of the threads, even the 'other countries' as well - mainly because if I could start over, I would have studied immigration law. I never knew I liked it so much until I met this beautiful forum <3

The most intriguing ones for me are the threads where someone is close to being shown the door and the final desperate attempts to find ways to stay. The back and forth replies come thick and fast.. and then silence :roll: It leaves me dangling with so many unanswered queries about what happened to that individual and his loved ones. I am still searching for that one reply when someone comes back, say after a decade and replies to his own thread on how everything worked out well in the end.. wishful thinking probably :!:
That is a beautiful reply.

I experienced something similar when I learned about a famous case of a man who gamed the system to bring members of his family under asylum seeker status, under fraudulent claims. I googled him and found the final court decision, publicly available online. It was a 300 or so pages long, but I could not put it down; I had the impression of watching a very well told TV series, with more than a dozen complex characters.

He went to jail for some years, and some members of his family were deported, some were allowed to stay. It was a very complicated and delicate case as half the people involved where children, and each person had a case on their own, and their very own story... :cry:

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.