ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR (T1 Entrepreneur vs 10 year residency)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

f.namxe
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR (T1 Entrepreneur vs 10 year residency)

Post by f.namxe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:27 am

Hello,

I would like to find out from the group when exactly I would be eligible for ILR based on timeline as follows:

Entered the UK on student visa: 3rd Oct 2009
Switched to PSW: 23 Feb 2011
Switched to Tier 1 Ent (granted after appeal): 5th March 2014
Applied for extension: 3rd March 2017

My question is can I apply for ILR in March 2019 regardless of when my extension is granted as I would have spent 5 years under the T1 Ent route or would it be on expiry of the 2 year extension.
Or:
Could I apply in September 2019 within 28 days of 3rd Oct 2019 as I would have been in the UK for 10 years, that is if I have to wait for expiry of the 2 years T1 Ent extension, seeing applications could be with the HO for months.

Trying to weigh my options here to defray time and expense with regards to ILR.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Eligibility for ILR (T1 Entrepreneur vs 10 year residenc

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:57 am

You can apply under any of these two options
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

f.namxe
Newly Registered

Post by f.namxe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for responding. Could you advice when exactly would be the earliest date possible - March 2017 or on expiry of the extension visa?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm

28 days before your 5 years is up on Tier 1E, given you maintained/created the required jobs AFTER your extension was granted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice