ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 2018- Need 35k+ salary last one year?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GMO
Mood:

ILR 2018- Need 35k+ salary last one year?

Post by GMO » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I just get to know that - "You must provide proof that you earn £35,000 a year or more (the ‘minimum earnings threshold’) in the main job you’re sponsored for."
reference: https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa

It's a bit confusing cause I thought for 2018 ILR people need to earn 35,600 on the time of application, So i thought prior 3/6 month before the ILR application have to earn that. But Do i have to earn that amout last 12 months before the ILR application?

Experts please advice.

Thanks
Kind Regards

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR 2018- Need 35k+ salary last one year?

Post by paradoxical » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 pm

You need to have a salary above the threshold at the time of application. And the proof for that will come from (1) letter from the employer confirming your salary (2) a payslip issued within the last 30 days of application (3) a bank statement etc. which shows that the required salary as shown in the payslip has actually been transferred to your account

There is no requirement of a 'minimum' period that you need to have the salary above threshold. However, some seniors here have stated that if the salary is raised significantly just before the date of application, it might be problematic signalling that the salary is increased specifically to allow the applicant to meet the threshold criteria.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm

paradoxical wrote:You need to have a salary above the threshold at the time of application. And the proof for that will come from (1) letter from the employer confirming your salary (2) a payslip issued within the last 30 days of application (3) a bank statement etc. which shows that the required salary as shown in the payslip has actually been transferred to your account

There is no requirement of a 'minimum' period that you need to have the salary above threshold. However, some seniors here have stated that if the salary is raised significantly just before the date of application, it might be problematic signalling that the salary is increased specifically to allow the applicant to meet the threshold criteria.

Thanks very much for your reply. I knew that..But my question is then why on the link stated that ""You must provide proof that you earn £35,000 a year or more (the ‘minimum earnings threshold’ !!

Did you check the link? ://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Well..i think its now pretty clear that...the statement on the link stated above said , "You must provide proof that you earn £35,000 a year or more (the ‘minimum earnings threshold’) in the main job you’re sponsored for."

Which means you have to earn 35000 yearly on the time of application, it didn't say you have to earn 35K last 12 month to apply. Hope i am right to understand. Please clarify me if i am worng. Thanks

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:17 pm

GMO wrote:Well..i think its now pretty clear that...the statement on the link stated above said , "You must provide proof that you earn £35,000 a year or more (the ‘minimum earnings threshold’) in the main job you’re sponsored for."

Which means you have to earn 35000 yearly on the time of application, it didn't say you have to earn 35K last 12 month to apply. Hope i am right to understand. Please clarify me if i am worng. Thanks
Yes, your interpretation is right. It's about the minimum per annum (yearly) salary requirement.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.