ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RRSB2012

Referees for Naturalisation

Post by RRSB2012 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Everyone

I would be highly grateful if someone may please help me with following queries regarding my referees.

With regard to the referees for naturalisation application
Can I get a referee who is retired from British Army. It is mentioned in the list of Professions accepted 'Members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces'.
Does it mean serving members of Armed forces only or Retired Members can also be referees?

Also my another Potential referee is a Qualified Nurse. But she is disability retired and now works for a Care home. She still has some registration number, she was the referee on my child's application. Would it ok for her to be my Professional referee.

I would really appreciate your help please.
Thanks
R

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referees for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Nurse should be fine provided she is registered with the relevant body, RCN.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Paso83
Newly Registered

Post by Paso83 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Retired British armed forces members are fine, I used that as one of my referees.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Thanks Char,
I just spoke to my neighbour and she does not have her RCN anymore, so I guess she is out.
What about a ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountant) Qualified person working as Financial Analyst for limited Company or Head of Audit & Compliance Department for a limited Company? Would these person be ok. Do they have to write their ACCA membership numbers on the forms?

Paso83, Thanks a lot for responding.
Just to re-confirm, my colleague was a member of British Army but he was not a commissioned officer. will he be ok?

Char and Paso83, really grateful to both of you for responding. Thanks a lot.
R

Paso83
Newly Registered

Post by Paso83 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

The list only says "Officer of the armed services (active or retired)". So am not sure, but mine was commissioned.