ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application query for my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Visa application query for my wife

Post by Jon Pasha » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi all

I wil be applying for ILR(lr) in Dec-16. I am currently on tier 2 and have received guidance on my application from the other thread. However my wife is currently my dependent but she will not be able to apply for ILR(lr) with me. I understand it will have to be a a dependant visa for her along with my ILR application.

Can you please advise me in what category she can apply and what application form should be used? Also the required documents that we would have to send along with the application. I would be grateful if you could also advise how much would it cost and would i have to pay any NHS surcharge as part of her visa application?

Casa

Re: Visa application query for my wife

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:42 pm

As you are applying for ILR under long residence, your wife will have to submit a FLR(M) application. This will re-set her immigration clock to zero and she will be on a new 5 year to ILR (2.5 + 2.5 years).
A postal application is currently £811, an application submitted in person at a Premium Service Centre (PSC) is £1311.
A NHS surcharge of £500 will be payable in addition to the visa fee.
A1 level English is currently required, with A2 level from October.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 pm

I will be applying in December 2016 which means she would need A2 level English...
Unfortunately i dont know what can be provided to show that level of English? Would she have to take an exam or is there a minimum educational requirement that an sort this issue.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:54 pm

Unless your wife has a degree taught in English, she will need to take a test with a UKVI approved test provider.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Casa wrote:As you are applying for ILR under long residence, your wife will have to submit a FLR(M) application. This will re-set her immigration clock to zero and she will be on a new 5 year to ILR (2.5 + 2.5 years).
A postal application is currently £811, an application submitted in person at a Premium Service Centre (PSC) is £1311.
A NHS surcharge of £500 will be payable in addition to the visa fee.
A1 level English is currently required, with A2 level from October.
I omitted to post the link to the info on FLR(M) application
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply
(Casa, not CR001)

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 am

Thank you for your guidance

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi all,

I have just looked at the FLR(M) application form for my wife and it has me confused...

on the first page it states:

Complete this form only if you are applying for leave to remain in one of the following
categories:
• Family life as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (2 year route)
• Family life as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (5 year route)
• Family life as the partner of a person with refugee leave or a person with
humanitarian protection (5 year route)

then on the page 14, it asks:

3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
D D M M Y Y Y Y

Please note that I do not have ILR at the moment and I will be eligible in December 2016 to apply for ILR via the long residence.

Does my wife need to apply for FLR(M) at the same time in December 2016 with me or does she have to wait until the outcome of my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Are you applying for ILR in person or doing a postal application?

If your ILR fails, her FLR(M) will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 am

I am doing a postal application ...

Me and my wife's current visa's expire in 2019. I am currently on Tier 2 general and my wife is my dependent.

Is it possible that I apply for the ILR first and based on the outcome, I apply for my wife's visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Yes, you can apply first and wait for approval and then apply for your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Thank you.

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

flr (M) for wife

Post by Jon Pasha » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 am

Hi all,

I recently had my ILR approved. My wife is still on Tier 2 dependent visa (my previous visa category).

Please advise:

1. what is her current status and can she travel abroad on her current visa? her current visa expires in 2019.
2. if she cannot travel, then how soon or late can she apply for the FLR (M)?
3. she does not have a degree to fulfill the English requirement so does this mean she will have to take level B2 test?

kind regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:35 am

HI Vinny,

Thank you very much for merging the posts; however the previous posts still do not answer the first 2 questions in my recent post. please advise.

Casa

Re: flr (M) for wife

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Jon Pasha wrote:Hi all,

I recently had my ILR approved. My wife is still on Tier 2 dependent visa (my previous visa category).

Please advise:

1. what is her current status and can she travel abroad on her current visa? her current visa expires in 2019. Not without holding FLR(M)
2. if she cannot travel, then how soon or late can she apply for the FLR (M)? Postal applications can take several months to process.
3. she does not have a degree to fulfill the English requirement so does this mean she will have to take level B2 test? A2 level.

kind regards.
(Casa, not CR001)

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:21 am

Thank you Sir ...

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:02 am

Jon Pasha wrote:Thank you Sir ...
You're welcome. I'm a 'Mrs' :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon Pasha » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 pm

haha ... thank you Ma'am :D