ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visas to Bosnia/Serbia/Montenegro

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mbfill
Newly Registered

Visas to Bosnia/Serbia/Montenegro

Post by mbfill » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi - i have just applied for my British Citizenship last week. I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) that it will be approved in three months' time as i have booked a tour to the Balkans this September with a side trip to Germany for the Oktoberfest.

I will applying for the multiple entry German Schengen visa. Will i be able to travel on this visa to the above mentioned countries? I hold a Philippine passport with UK permanent residence permit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visas to Bosnia/Serbia/Montenegro

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro are NOT part of of the Schengen zone, so no, you will likely not be able to travel on a Schengen visa. You will need to look at the visa requirements for each country.

Schengen Countries (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mbfill
Newly Registered

Post by mbfill » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

sorry I didn't make myself clear on the previous post. I have read somewhere that these countries allow you to enter if you hold a multiple entry Schengen visa or if you hold a permanent residence permit in any of the Schengen states. I wonder if anyone had this experience before so I do not have to apply for visa for the three countries I'm visiting later this year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Important to note that UK ILR is not the same as PR in the Schengen states, which the UK is not part of.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:22 pm

For Serbia your UK residence permit /visa is sufficient to enter, as well as a schengen visa or a residence permit or of any other EU member state as well as the U.S.A.

http://www.mfa.gov.rs/en/consular-affai ... isa-regime

At its meeting of 30 October 2014, the Government of the Republic of Serbia adopted the Decision on visa free entry to the Republic of Serbia for holders of foreign passports having a valid Schengen, UK and other Member States' visa, or visa of the United States of America, and for holders of foreign passports having residence permit in the countries of the Schengen area, EU or the United States of America, which was published in the "Official Gazette of RS", No. 119 of 31 October 2014 and which will enter into force on 8 November 2014.

By this decision, the above-mentioned categories of foreign nationals may, without prior visa application, enter, transit or stay in the Republic of Serbia up to 90 days during a six-month period, but not exceeding the expiring date of the said visas or residence permits.

There is a possibility for foreign nationals to enter the Republic of Serbia with two passports e.a. expired national passport with valid visa or residence permit and valid national passport without valid visa or residence permit.

Foreign nationals, holders of a residence permit in the form of a separate card (not a sticker affixed to their passport), must present their valid passport, upon entering the territory of the Republic of Serbia.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Holders of travel documents containing a valid Schengen visa, a valid visa of the United States of America, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, or a permission to stay in these countries, may enter and stay, or pass through the territory of Montenegro up to 30 days, and not longer than the expiry of visa, if the period of validity of the visa is less than 30 days.

http://www.mvpei.gov.me/en/sections/con ... -citizens/

So your UK ILR is sufficient for Montenegro too:)

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Foreigners who have multiple Schengen visa or European Union member state visa or residence permit of the Schengen Agreement country or European Union member state, if for such passport holders visa is required, can stay up to 15 days in Bosnia and Herzegovina without visa under condition that they enter in BiH from the Schengen Agreement country, European Union member state or from the country with which BiH has an agreement on readmission in force - Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia

http://www.bhembassy.no/index.php?optio ... 28&lang=en

Your UK ILR is good for Bosnia too.

Enjoy your trip☺