ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

carers allowance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badmaash

carers allowance

Post by badmaash » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:32 pm

my cares gets 62 pounds carers allowance and 40 pounds income support, and he earns 35 pounds a week from his job, he gets full housing benefit and pays 3 pounds a week council tax, is that enough income for him to bring his partner from abroad?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: carers allowance

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:36 pm

See the link below on how to calculate the requirement to be exempt from the financial requirement. My understanding is that Housing Benefit is not a qualifying benefit to claim exemption.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html

What is carer's relationship to you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:49 pm

a friend

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 pm

well it says he should have 114 pounds per week, his rent is fully paid. and he gets 62 per week carers allowance, 40 income support, and 35 from employment so thats 137, minus 3 pounds council tax thats 134, should that not meet the requirement ?

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm

hi , my carer has recently started working for 3 hours per week earning 22.50. he also gets carers allowance, and 45 income support, full housing benefit also, is their a minimum time he has to be working ? also am i correct he has to show 114 pounds per week as adequate maintenance?

Missmiran
Newly Registered

Post by Missmiran » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:43 pm

badmaash wrote:my cares gets 62 pounds carers allowance and 40 pounds income support, and he earns 35 pounds a week from his job, he gets full housing benefit and pays 3 pounds a week council tax, is that enough income for him to bring his partner from abroad?
Hi there, my friend she have similar situation. She wants to bring her husband to uk, Her solicitor told her that she needs to have minimum £114.8 week left after paying her house and council tax. But she is confuse how to show her accommodation as she gets full housing benefit and on her contact it says only one person. On property servey it says 2 people. If you have any idea about meet accommodation requirements on housing benefit flat will help her a lot. Please reply if you know about it.
Thank you