ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set 0 to ILR long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manigee
Newly Registered

ILR set 0 to ILR long residency

Post by Manigee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi everyone and senior members of this forum.
Need some advise if someone can help me out.
I applied for my ilr last May 2016 under tier 1 general 5 years route . I haven't received the decision yet but I have completed my 10 years in meanwhile. I have varied my application already to 10 years long residency but now I have recieved a questionnaire from home office to fill and send it back related to my previous application. My question is as I have varied my application so do I need to fill this questionnaire or not? Or shall I write a letter to home office to ask that as I have varied the application so still do they need This .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR set 0 to ILR long residency

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

You should complete it. The same checks will be done for Set LR as what would be done for Set O, especially if you had self employment on Tier 1 G.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Manigee wrote:Hi everyone and senior members of this forum.
Need some advise if someone can help me out.
I applied for my ilr last May 2016 under tier 1 general 5 years route . I haven't received the decision yet but I have completed my 10 years in meanwhile. I have varied my application already to 10 years long residency but now I have recieved a questionnaire from home office to fill and send it back related to my previous application. My question is as I have varied my application so do I need to fill this questionnaire or not? Or shall I write a letter to home office to ask that as I have varied the application so still do they need This .

Hi Manigee,

Can you please tell me when did you vary your application, after varying application did you receive any confirmation from HO? If so When?

Thanks

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello Manigee,

Can you please update us about the following information:
1-When did you vary from Set O to Set LR Long Residence?
2-Was the Fee deducted for your Set LR variation?
3-Did you receive a new home office reference number for set LR?
4-Did you record your biometrics for set LR?
5-Did you receive self assessment questionnaire after all the above happened?
Please answer to clarify for all of us.
Thanks.

Case302
Newly Registered

Post by Case302 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:00 am

According to the home office published on 6 Mar 2017

Example
The initial variation application is for an extension of PBS leave. Before that application is decided, the applicant makes an application for leave under the family route. The family route application will amend the initial application. The higher family route fee must be paid before the application is valid. The application for an extension of PBS leave will no longer be considered.

So LR application is non PBS. Why submit PBS questionnaire if no longer be considered.
Thanks

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

Dear Manigee,
First of all, if the questionnaire is in relation to your old application, them immediately write to the case working team working on your application that you have varied the application to Long residence. Please Also check the questionnaire that your old home office reference number is there to double check.

Because one of my friend varied from set O to Long Residence when he received the first interview letter from UKVI. After 10 days he varied to Ilr LR by post, he received the second interview letter. He wrote to the case working team that he varied to ilr LR and he does not wish to pursue his set o application as he wants his ilr LR to be pursued. It was mentioned in the FAQs as well which were sent with interview letter to my friend. I hope it works for you.

Case302
Newly Registered

Post by Case302 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 am

According to the home office:

Applications for leave to remain; validation, variation and withdrawal
Version 1.0
Published for Home Office staff on 6 April 2017

A valid variation of purpose will look like a new application. You must check CID to see if an earlier application exists which has not yet been decided. This will tell you whether the new application is a variation of an existing application or a fresh application. If it is a fresh application you must consider whether it can be made. Guidance on applications made while a person is on section 3C can be found in the 3C guidance.

If an applicant submits an application to vary, but a decision has already been made on the original application, you must write to them and tell them that the application will be treated as a new application.

Please any senior reply
Thanks

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:30 am

tally80 wrote:Hello Manigee,

Can you please update us about the following information:
1-When did you vary from Set O to Set LR Long Residence?
2-Was the Fee deducted for your Set LR variation?
3-Did you receive a new home office reference number for set LR?
4-Did you record your biometrics for set LR?
5-Did you receive self assessment questionnaire after all the above happened?
Please answer to clarify for all of us.
Thanks.

Hi Magigee,

Can you please answer these questions?

Thanks