ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family permit refused- Appeal or Reapply

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

njoseph

Family permit refused- Appeal or Reapply

Post by njoseph » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Dear all,
I applied for my non-EEA father's family permit from Ireland but it got refused on two basis. One objection was on documents related to relationship proof. I can address that easily. The other objection was not having enough evidence on financial or whole dependency. The reason was that My brother and I jointly applied for his dependent visa in Ireland(we both are irish). My brother later migrated to another country. My father has always been my prime responsibility. I am optimistic that I can give evidence of my brother's move and hope that it will satisfy the visa officer.
I have to start my job very soon in UK and now due to this rejection I cannot leave my father alone in Ireland and move my family.
Should I reapply or appeal? which one will be the best way forward in this case? I would appreciate your guidance in this matter.

vinny

Re: Family permit refused- Appeal or Reapply

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Do both?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 pm

I did not get that.
In theory, it seems possible but It seems odd and risky too.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 am

Hi Vinny
Do you know how long the appeal process can take please?
Thank you

Yingette
Newly Registered

Post by Yingette » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:50 am

I am no lawyer, but I hired one for my own FP rejection. What she told us is that: appeal is based on already submitted documentation.
that means that you can't go appeal with new documents. For that reason, I would always choose to re-apply, as you can produce new documents. However, keep in mind that the officer reading your second application will look at the first one first, so you really have to address all their concerns.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:20 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm

vinny wrote:See also APL7.5 Post decision evidence.
Vinny i don't 85(5) is applicable to EEA Appeals under Regulation 26.

this person's lawyer is clearly wrong on what he told him, as new evidence can clearly be provided in EEA family permit decision, and it will be an error of law if a judge refuse to have regards to it.

Also see Boodhoo (EEA Regs: relevant evidence) Mauritius [2013] UKUT 346 (IAC) (18 July 2013).
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks Yingette
I spoke to a lawyer today and he suggested re-applying as well. His reason was that appeals can take really long time so better to start with a new application addressing all the concerns raised in first rejection by first case worker.