ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirements - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

E44302

English Language Requirements - ILR

Post by E44302 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Hello All,

I was reading the SET(O) guidance notes and came across this point:
In order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain, all applicants aged 18-64 must meet the two parts of
the Knowledge of Language and Life requirement by:
- passing the Life in the UK test,

And one of the following language qualifications:
- having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 level or above of the Common
European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
,or
- having a degree that was taught or researched in English, or
- being a national of an English-speaking country.
I have received the UK NARIC certificate for my Masters degree which has been evaluated to be at the Masters Degree level of UK which is fine.

The UK NARIC has provided me the English language to be meeting requirements at CEFR level C1. So is that going to be an issue? I am not sure what B1 level and C1 level is? Or Will I be simply falling into the second point which says having a degree that was taught or researched in English

Thanks in advance.

E44302

Re: English Language Requirements - ILR

Post by E44302 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 pm

One more question is when you take the printout of SET(O), it automatically prints the payment details page. This has details of the bank debit card, account number and amount to be deducted.

In case of a PEO, I think this page would not be required? Probably need to take the printout of the payment confirmation which comes along after you have booked the PEO appointment. Is that right?

E44302

Post by E44302 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Apologies. I found that C1 is above B1 level so I am good on that. That should not be a problem. Should have searched online before posting this question.

More details: weblink removed

However pls advise on the bit for SET(O) payment details page.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:28 pm

The form has a payment page because some people apply by POST :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 am

Thank you for your reply CR001. So for a PEO application, you can simply ignore that page.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 am

E44302 wrote:Thank you for your reply CR001. So for a PEO application, you can simply ignore that page.
Yes because you clearly pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.