ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have been put on -thin ice- why?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seasky
BANNED

I have been put on -thin ice- why?

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 am

I also can't PM a moderator to ask so I guess this forum is the place (PM not working....)

I was told nothing, just noticed it. If I am not told why, how can I stay away from repeating? I reread the Ts&Cs and not aware of any offences

I (believe) I am a strong contributor to t1e forum (even if not every thing others say is accepted by me as correct, the point of forums is to debate. And even if some of the stuff I say is not liked, sure, I could tell everyone not to worry the queen herself will hand you your british passport, they will feel good but it won't actually help them)

Recently two moderators claimed I didn't understand what non-visa national means. (I believe) both were wrong, anyway neither rebutted my rebuttal, can't think a thread, where I was helping someone with ideas how to travel who lost a BRP, as I have travelled without BRP (never deported) should be an issue

So which Ts&cs did I break?

Casa

Re: I have been put on -thin ice- why?

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 am

seasky wrote:I also can't PM a moderator to ask so I guess this forum is the place (PM not working....)

I was told nothing, just noticed it. If I am not told why, how can I stay away from repeating? I reread the Ts&Cs and not aware of any offences

I (believe) I am a strong contributor to t1e forum (even if not every thing others say is accepted by me as correct, the point of forums is to debate. And even if some of the stuff I say is not liked, sure, I could tell everyone not to worry the queen herself will hand you your british passport, they will feel good but it won't actually help them)

Recently two moderators claimed I didn't understand what non-visa national means. (I believe) both were wrong, anyway neither rebutted my rebuttal, can't think a thread, where I was helping someone with ideas how to travel who lost a BRP, as I have travelled without BRP (never deported) should be an issue

So which Ts&cs did I break?
Several complaints from members regarding derogatory remarks referring to corner/kebab shop owners in Tier1E threads. Warning was sent, perhaps you missed it.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you Maam for the update,

No I did not see the PM (surprising as I do frequent the forum often).

I also checked my email (all PMs send an email to me) and the last PM I received was on the 3rd of Jan in regards to “business bank statement&corporation tax”. Maybe this PM was never sent (forgot to press send)?

If it was sent, can you share this PM here openly (I give permission) so that I and others can learn from it and what to do and not do on the forums. And also share the derogatory remarks I made following said warning that got me onto thin ice?

Specifically, Have I ever made a derogatory remark to any -specific- member of these forums? Have I ever not offered help to -any- forum member because she is a kebab entrepreneur?

I help T1Es (even those who clearly don't take entrepreneurship seriously) all the time. If one does not like the fact that I think (my allowed opinion) the UK should promote high end entrepreneurs (however one defines that), why not just put me on the “foe list”?

Does the moderator group want the t1e forum to only be populated by the low value entrepreneurs? (“I paid min wage, but forgot it went up by 5p/hr so didn't pay enough and was declined, so what do I do?")

T1e is very abused. HO says so, some moderators often say so, we see it on the forum.

Is saying that a corner shop is lower value to the UK than a tech startup against the Ts&Cs?

Here are my recent uses of the words Kebab or Corner shop:

I only once, ever, wrote the word “kebab”: (APR 15th 2017)

“If the UK wants top international entrepreneurs and not only Kebab guys it MUST adapt.”

I Also once REPLIED to a post that had the word Kebab but I did not write it myself. On 7th APR 2017:

“Zimba,

<quoting zimba>"Most low value restaurant/petrol station/post office/Kebab shop take over business plans will probably be rejected by Home Office"

Where is that data from?”

As such the one time I wrote the term “kebab” it was not derogatory, and if it was written once it could hardly be used as “first time we warn you, now you are –thin ice-“ ?

Which T&C did I break? (Following are two that might apply)

1. No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion. Never, I believe in full equality to all people and freedom of religion. Personally I don't like, nor see the relevance, that many bring up their religion on this forum ("I thank god/Allah/Jesus/Buddha/Jehovah for granting me my visa"), it has nothing to do with the visa process and I frequent other internet forums and don’t see it. But Have I once said something derogatory about another's religion/race/nationality. Never ever

2. No use of rude or inappropriate language. Have I ever used rude language?

One must always treat fellow posters with respect.

This is a bit tricky, and subjective, do I have to love what others are doing? To the extreme, if one posts that he hit his wife and his visa is on the line do I have to treat him with respect? At a personal level, yes, but can I say “those who hit their wives are unwanted immigrants” does that break this specific T&C?

I have disrespect for those killing the t1e route. We see it all the time "I have been in the UK 6 years, no idea what to do to stay, OK i'll be an entrepreneur, OK which cousin can I hire to meet the min requirements?"
But have I once shown disdain to any specific person based on their chosen profession?

I have shown disdain (and again -never personally!!!-) to a class of entrepreneurs.

Lastly, If you don’t like my style, you can put me on the ‘foe’ list. Better than shutting down a T1e member that has experience and contributes to all members questions (that I think I know the answer, no matter their level of entrepreneurship_)

I have to handle putting up with the ridiculousness of the t1e bureaucracy (I delayed my ILR by 3 months because of the most unimportant minutia, the fact my HMRC approved payroll SW does not show an unimportant data field). And I know that if T1e was full of the high value entrepreneurs it intended HO would not care. So if you are hurt by me using the term “kebab” deal with it (or put me on foe)

I will also be the first to admit that there is nothing wrong with a ‘small business visa route’ (whole separate discussion)

I will list my use of the word “corner shop” in subsequent post

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Here is my (12X) use of the term "corner shop"

The last two one (Apr 3rd and Mar 1st) should be the ones that contributed to my "warning via PM" and then "thin ice" I cannot see how they are problematic

Re: petition for quick decisions
... route. Of course typical government that achieves the oppo-site, serious international entrepreneurs stay away (doubly more post Brexit...) and the corner shoppers are quite happy getting a day closer to their LR route. Malik, your case is AR on a very successful businesses. Why didnt you go for ...
Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am

Re: Expected Changes In Rules 6th April 2017
... of such restrictions would make it difficult for any business to succeed and compete, irrespective of whether it is a 'low-value' business like a corner shop or a 'high value' business like an ac-counting firm. The point of the t1 ent visa is not to have more admin/trainee roles..... Said accounting ...
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:52 am
... routes problematic is not a reason to keep ti-e in bad shape. And A top notch engineer on t2 is more value to the UK than an immigrant opening a corner shop, having 2 employees for exact-ly one year (min wage of course) You are missing the major point. While you can argue pros and cons of the ...
Mar 01, 2017 12:48 am

Re: After Extention
... wrong and the non travelling is a joke (to the international entrepreneurs not the fakes that -seem- the frequent this forum, they can run their corner shop just fine without travel) I com-pletely disagree with you on life in UK test. One it is not difficult at all, if it is in your mind you have ...

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:31 am
... passports and aim for a 2 week turnaround for this ultra high value visa class (well should be high value, the UK does not need immigrants for Corner shops and take away restaurants)

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: After Extention
... wrong and the non travelling is a joke (to the international entrepreneurs not the fakes that -seem- the frequent this forum, they can run their corner shop just fine without travel) I com-pletely disagree with you on life in UK test. One it is not difficult at all, if it is in your mind you have ...
Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 am

Re: MINIMUM WAGES HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 10/2016
... that a real entrepreneur that needs to fly often abroad and cannot because HO take 6M+ to respond can lose his business because of the bad quality corner shop guys?). Looking at the big picture not unimportant details (so if someone forgot to sign next to some line on some account they call him/her ...

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm
Re: Tier 1 Extension Refused - Need Help Urgently!!
... is employment not investment but it seems a reasonable case to invest and try. I would say relates to how strong your case is in the first place. Corner shop paying min wages is not strong....

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: Already invested £65,000 in startup
... MD to run your business I agree £65k may not be enought to do that seriously (but isn't thithis forum full of "entrepreneurs" who opened corner shops and hired 2 min wage workers for -exactly- a year) OP could apply for t1-ent under £200k route.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Re: Profit is Important ?
... have free cash flow you can make it into a profit or invest in-to marketing for future growth) So for example you built a very low value business (corner shop) but if you are profitable at least the min wage jobs you have are sustainable 1. Human na-ture/Organisation nature. it pretty basic that ...

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:44 pm
Re: Accelerated Route Under new Policy Guidance
... week before to try and catchup and are in shock their higher deity right to live in the UK is not offered to them after their much economic needed corner takeaway they flipped from someone else does not make the HO bow to them). My point, the serious entrepreneurs who achieved the lofty goal of ...

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:02 am

Re: Got caught while driving taxi ( URGENT SUGGESTION )
... that the T1-ent visa route is just a nuisance while they do the absolute minimum (hire 24 months worth of min wage employees) while they open a corner fast food delivery. Think about it. Does the UK really need immigrants for that purpose? The issue is they hurt the serious t1-entrepreneurs

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:31 pm

what's is the issue here? have u been downgraded from being a mod etc?

regarding kebab shops, although I haven't read all or most of your posts, but from you above posts, it does appear that you want HO to differentiate between tech startups and smaller retail joints, I wonder what makes you think that you can leave an impression on UK policy makers....you definitely don't know more about what is in UK's interest than they do..

Objectives of Entrepreneur 200K route ae pretty clear, pls correct me if I am wrong: bring in money, create Jobs, don't be a burden on UK economy, be eligible for settlement after fulfilling the conditions...so I don't understand why you keep bringing kebab shops up?

there are many highly qualified and genius personnel who left their jobs to start whatever they thought they wanted to, work is respected in western societies, there is no shame in hard earned work, be it a janitor or techy genius, that is why western societies are great, they respect work, not the charm of it (generally speaking)

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 am

Camel555 wrote:what's is the issue here? have u been downgraded from being a mod etc?

regarding kebab shops, although I haven't read all or most of your posts, but from you above posts, it does appear that you want HO to differentiate between tech startups and smaller retail joints, I wonder what makes you think that you can leave an impression on UK policy makers....you definitely don't know more about what is in UK's interest than they do..

Objectives of Entrepreneur 200K route ae pretty clear, pls correct me if I am wrong: bring in money, create Jobs, don't be a burden on UK economy, be eligible for settlement after fulfilling the conditions...so I don't understand why you keep bringing kebab shops up?

there are many highly qualified and genius personnel who left their jobs to start whatever they thought they wanted to, work is respected in western societies, there is no shame in hard earned work, be it a janitor or techy genius, that is why western societies are great, they respect work, not the charm of it (generally speaking)
This issue is this discussion should have been on PM with the Moderators, but my PM is locked so this is the best place I can raise my issue, And I am gracious enough to agree to share my warning PM (which I have never seen) so we ALL can learn how to be better forum members.

I don't understand why I was put on thin ice for the following "“If the UK wants top international entrepreneurs and not only Kebab guys it MUST adapt.” (my only use of "Kebab" as per the search function)

It is a fair discussion what UK policy makers meant (and another Western society norm is -you are allowed to debate and opine-) but FOR SURE THEY DID NOT MEAN to start a business, hire 2 people at min wage for exactly one year and fire them. And we see that all the time....

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:20 am

Dear Moderator Team,

It has been 48 hours, more than enough time to cut and paste the PM I never received/saw. I know the moderators are quite active so I assume enough have seen this thread.

If there is another issue that I am not aware of (e.g. "the moderator team is currently discussing this issue and expect to get back to you next few days") then best to just say so....

Cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 am

It was not a PM that a moderator sent to you. It was a warning issued via your profile and you would have received a notification of this.
The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: https://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&p=1467674#p1467674 .
Moderators have had several complaints from members regarding your derogatory remarks about 'corner/kebab shop owners. Also if you want to ask members not to tag onto another member's thread, please could you flag the thread in order for moderators to deal with this under the forum Ts&Cs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm

CR001 wrote:It was not a PM that a moderator sent to you. It was a warning issued via your profile and you would have received a notification of this.
The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: https://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&p=1467674#p1467674 .
Moderators have had several complaints from members regarding your derogatory remarks about 'corner/kebab shop owners. Also if you want to ask members not to tag onto another member's thread, please could you flag the thread in order for moderators to deal with this under the forum Ts&Cs.
OK never received/noticed it. The link doesn't work so I don't know what I actually said.

Was this warning received and immediately I was put on thin ice or only following a subsequent transgression?

Lastly, which Ts&Cs did I break?, did I tell a fellow poster with disrespect: "you are a Kebab business owner and you suck" or did I just show general disdain for those T1Es who are kebab business owners of the whole industry, (not necessarily those who are on this forum! so that is not a fellow poster. Frankly, I don't know of a single Kebab business owner on this forum)

My opinion is you should never be disrespectful of a fellow specific poster. But you certainly can be unhappy with the current bad situation of t1e route.