ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TimeInvariant
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by TimeInvariant » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 am

TimeInvariant wrote:Hi Folks

A (probably dumb) question for you - I've had the letter from the Home Office requesting I register my biometrics. I have done this straight away at a post office. My question is - do I need to do any other step - or does the Post Office automatically let the Home Office know you've registered? There's nothing on the letter to state either way what you're supposed to do! Presuming because it says nothing, there is nothing to do :)
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know the answer to this one? I pester only as it's been a week or so since I did my biometrics and I didn't want to miss any deadline where i need to send anything back!

Thanks guys :)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:38 pm

TimeInvariant wrote:

A (probably dumb) question for you - I've had the letter from the Home Office requesting I register my biometrics. I have done this straight away at a post office. My question is - do I need to do any other step - or does the Post Office automatically let the Home Office know you've registered? There's nothing on the letter to state either way what you're supposed to do! Presuming because it says nothing, there is nothing to do :)
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know the answer to this one? I pester only as it's been a week or so since I did my biometrics and I didn't want to miss any deadline where i need to send anything back!

Well you have done what the letter asked you to do. That's it. Post Office transfers the data to the Home Office. Now it's just a case of waiting til you get your approval.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mourn136
Newly Registered

Post by mourn136 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Good evening
I would be grateful if you answer my question.

In 2009 April I applied for Tier 4 extension before my leave expired. However it was refused on September 2009 as the letter which was issued by my university was not in compliance with Home Office guidelines.

My uni rectified the mistake and I have made a fresh application before the 28 days grace period elapsed. I was granted further extension on December 2009. In the meantime I carried out working part time.

The issue above was the only problem in my immigration history. Fast forward, last year I was granted ILR due to 10 years long residency. Last month I have applied for naturalisation.

Is my application likely to be refused because of "good character " requirement?
Although I believed I had the right to work is it true that I was not eligible to work until my second application is decided.
I was always thinking I have never breached UK immigration laws but having read something about overstaying even if you apply in 28 days or working make me think that my application is less likely to be successful.

Your input is much appreciated.

Sophist12
Newly Registered

Post by Sophist12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to post my querry..but its six months next week since my application for naturalisation and from the timelines in here, I understand its 2-3 momths on average. Anyone in the same boat? Is it normal to wait for so long? Getting worried and have few worries to get out of my mind.

I had an uninsured and clearly drunk driver ram into my car a year ago. He drove off but got his car details. Had the police on scene and they informed me that they'll follow it up with him but there's nothing that can be done for me as far as insurance payout is concerned. Fixed my car and forgot all
about it. Months later, I received a letter from the police requesting me to fill in a victim/witness statement to help in their investigation and attend court if necessary but I didn't bother to send it back despite being sent the same letter twice. Now I do understand that ukba do checks on police computers beyond the standard crb check, would this incident have any bearing on my application?

Besides that, I had an unfortunate incident of Dr10 and no insurance 6 years ago (committed same time), of which, I understand has no bearing, but only mentioned the dr10 in my application and didn't think the insurance bit was necessary as well as the offences were committed same time and date and convicted in one sitting. Disqualified and fined. And would probably come out as one in my crb check. My DVLA record shows only dr10 offence. Thanks in advance

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Sophist12 wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread to post my querry..but its six months next week since my application for naturalisation and from the timelines in here, I understand its 2-3 momths on average. Anyone in the same boat? Is it normal to wait for so long? Getting worried and have few worries to get out of my mind.

I had an uninsured and clearly drunk driver ram into my car a year ago. He drove off but got his car details. Had the police on scene and they informed me that they'll follow it up with him but there's nothing that can be done for me as far as insurance payout is concerned. Fixed my car and forgot all
about it. Months later, I received a letter from the police requesting me to fill in a victim/witness statement to help in their investigation and attend court if necessary but I didn't bother to send it back despite being sent the same letter twice. Now I do understand that ukba do checks on police computers beyond the standard crb check, would this incident have any bearing on my application?

Besides that, I had an unfortunate incident of Dr10 and no insurance 6 years ago (committed same time), of which, I understand has no bearing, but only mentioned the dr10 in my application and didn't think the insurance bit was necessary as well as the offences were committed same time and date and convicted in one sitting. Disqualified and fined. And would probably come out as one in my crb check. My DVLA record shows only dr10 offence. Thanks in advance
Your offence of driving without insurance should have been declared.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sophist12
Newly Registered

Post by Sophist12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Casa wrote:
Sophist12 wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread to post my querry..but its six months next week since my application for naturalisation and from the timelines in here, I understand its 2-3 momths on average. Anyone in the same boat? Is it normal to wait for so long? Getting worried and have few worries to get out of my mind.

Your offence of driving without insurance should have been declared.
Thanks for your reply. With hindsight, I believe I should've done so. But would it have any significance since it wouldn't have had any impact otherwise as sufficient time has elapsed. I haven't declared in my ilr application either and got it in 6 weeks. Though maybe in error, but my understanding was/is since both offences happened simultaneously, one can simply pull up one or the other using one of them as point of reference. My worry is, will it have any bearing if it came to light?

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello all, my nationality application has nearly completed 8 months but HO has not made their decision yet. Last time I rung them I was told that my application is under process. I did approach my MP to chase up my application but not heard anything from their office back.
Is anyone else in the same situation?
Can anyone please advice what should I do next? Keep waiting or keep asking HO for update once in a month?
Thank You

TimeInvariant
Newly Registered

Post by TimeInvariant » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 am

alterhase58 wrote:
TimeInvariant wrote:

Hi Folks,

Well you have done what the letter asked you to do. That's it. Post Office transfers the data to the Home Office. Now it's just a case of waiting til you get your approval.
Thanks! :)

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Hello all, my nationality application has nearly completed 8 months but HO has not made their decision yet. Last time I rung them I was told that my application is under process. I did approach my MP to chase up my application but not heard anything from their office back.
Is anyone else in the same situation?
Can anyone please advice what should I do next? Keep waiting or keep asking HO for update once in a month?
Thank You

praveenk
Newly Registered

Post by praveenk » Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 am

Hi

i got my ILR in 2014 july. i applied with ESOl English certificate

now i am going to apply Naturalisation Can i use same english certificate Or do i Take new one
That college Is not in the new HO list, college is closed now

Please suggest me

thanks

Bilibay
Newly Registered

Post by Bilibay » Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm

kk16 wrote:Hi,
My naturalisation application have been refused because of warning i was given at the airport for carrying some excess of tobacco, have anyone else been refused coz of this, is there any point to appeal or should i leave it for 3 years and reapply.
many thanks for advice
Hi all,

Was wondering if any member has had a similar experience as I was under the impression these are not criminal record warnings and should not be declared. If anyone can comment whether the practice has changed recently maybe?

Adusadi
Newly Registered

Post by Adusadi » Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have a quick question....I've read some posts, but couldnt find anyone with same issue.
I applied for naturalization on 20th April 2017. Ive sent my passport along with my driving licence as I used it in Life in the UK test.
I am planning to go on holiday in August, and application can take up to 6 months. Is there any chance I can request my documents back before approval date? want to drive while on holiday

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Adusadi wrote:Hi everyone :)

I have a quick question....I've read some posts, but couldnt find anyone with same issue.
I applied for naturalization on 20th April 2017. Ive sent my passport along with my driving licence as I used it in Life in the UK test.
I am planning to go on holiday in August, and application can take up to 6 months. Is there any chance I can request my documents back before approval date? want to drive while on holiday

thanks in advance
You shouldn't have sent your driver license. Why didn't you apply using NCS so that you could keep hold of your original documents? You only get your documents back shortly before or just after the approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adusadi
Newly Registered

Post by Adusadi » Tue May 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks for Your quick responce
You shouldn't have sent your driver license. Why didn't you apply using NCS so that you could keep hold of your original documents? You only get your documents back shortly before or just after the approval letter.
I used my driving licence as a proof of ID on both Life in the UK test and trinity college english test and therefore need to send them along with an form :((( I was told........
I know I should have used NCS.......my bad.....

I have found that link on gov.uk site:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
anyone know if I can use it to get them back earlier??
anyone used it before

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Adusadi wrote:I have found that link on gov.uk site:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
anyone know if I can use it to get them back earlier??
anyone used it before
You can certainly try, but note that it says on that very website (bolding mine).
Get your visa, immigration or citizenship documents back wrote:You might have to cancel your application - you’ll be told if you have to do this when you ask for your documents back.
If you're unlucky, you may be out the application fee and have to start all over after August. Depending on how much money you've spent booking your holiday, it might be cheaper just to cancel (or postpone) that instead.

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 am

Hello all, I applied for naturilisation ın the middle of March and done my bıometrics end of March...İ am wondering if anybody who applied in March has their approval letters?

Please can anybody answer?

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 am

[quote="Dlakam35"]Hello all, I applied for naturilisation ın the middle of March and done my bıometrics end of March...İ am wondering if anybody who applied in March has their approval letters?

Please can anybody answer?[/quote
Waiting for an answer?

al95
Newly Registered

Post by al95 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 am

Dlakam35 wrote:Hello all, I applied for naturilisation ın the middle of March and done my bıometrics end of March...İ am wondering if anybody who applied in March has their approval letters?

Suggest you check Time Line threads...

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm

al95 wrote:
Dlakam35 wrote:Hello all, I applied for naturilisation ın the middle of March and done my bıometrics end of March...İ am wondering if anybody who applied in March has their approval letters?

I have already checked the timeline for March but I I was thinking maybe some of them who has got theır approvals dıdnt Update ıt yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Dlakam35 wrote:
al95 wrote:

I have already checked the timeline for March but I I was thinking maybe some of them who has got theır approvals dıdnt Update ıt yet?
There would have been a rush of applications in March to avoid the fee increase on 6th April, this would have created a backlog. Add to this a large number of EU citizens applying to secure themselves before Brexit.

Suggest sit tight, be patient and wait, nothing you can do to speed it up and some members have been waiting for more than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rafabeton

Post by rafabeton » Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 am

Also applied in March, but no updates, even from people who have applied in the beginning of March.

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 am

İ hope we all get it very soon...Should be on the way for the applicants from March...

Nina_acht
Newly Registered

Going abroad after applying - HO checks done

Post by Nina_acht » Sat May 20, 2017 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I applied in the middle of March (EU citizen) and was hoping to have it all done by end of June, but based on the wait and the info posted here it seems this might not happen.
I was planning on quitting my job so that I can spend summer months abroad, and then return end of September and apply for another job, like I did a few years ago.
However now I am having second thoughts, as I am not sure if the HO will call my company to see if I am still employed there when they look at my case, in which case they might refuse my application saying I am not exercising treaty rights anymore?!

Ideally I would still go whilst they process my application (and hopefully approve it) and then I would come back for the ceremony and all would be good.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Nina

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Going abroad after applying - HO checks done

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:34 am

Nina_acht wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied in the middle of March (EU citizen) and was hoping to have it all done by end of June, but based on the wait and the info posted here it seems this might not happen.
I was planning on quitting my job so that I can spend summer months abroad, and then return end of September and apply for another job, like I did a few years ago.
However now I am having second thoughts, as I am not sure if the HO will call my company to see if I am still employed there when they look at my case, in which case they might refuse my application saying I am not exercising treaty rights anymore?!

Ideally I would still go whilst they process my application (and hopefully approve it) and then I would come back for the ceremony and all would be good.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Nina
I personally would wait until everything is concluded - after all the BC application is an important step in our lives so a few weeks or months more are worth it. On the other hand if you can arrange everything around your schedule then that's up to you, as long as you attend the ceremony within the timeframe allowed. Passport I expect is not a priority unless you applied via NCS/JCAP so that may come when you are away.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

salmintin

Re: Going abroad after applying - HO checks done

Post by salmintin » Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 am

Nina_acht wrote:Hi everyone,

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Nina
The concept of "treaty rights" does not exist for BC applications. You don't need to be in employment.

What is your timeline? When did you register your biometrics? It normally takes over 60 days after that moment, but I think there's a pretty big backlog right now so maybe it's going to be longer.