ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for NTL by someone who already has ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Paulio
Newly Registered

Application for NTL by someone who already has ILR

Post by Paulio » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 pm

I don't know if I'm in the correct section.

in the process of trying to buy I house I had difficulties get a credit report, because being from indonesia, I only have one name.Equifax informed me you must have two names to get a credit report.

I went to the solicitor and have done a deed poll, I updated my passport and now I have two names,

To update my BRP I had to apply again using form NTL for a new ILR. And post of all my documents again or if I didn't a possible £1000 apparently.

Applied on 23rd Jan
Took money 25th Jan
Biometrics, 9th Feb

Not heard anything since.

Has anyone else updated their ILR/BRP personal details?, I think it's treated as a brand new application?, would it be seen as an easier application? or am I doomed to be subject of the same six month wait?,

blessedtoday

Re: Application for NTL by someone who already has ILR

Post by blessedtoday » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:33 am

Paulio wrote:I don't know if I'm in the correct section.

in the process of trying to buy I house I had difficulties get a credit report, because being from indonesia, I only have one name.Equifax informed me you must have two names to get a credit report.

I went to the solicitor and have done a deed poll, I updated my passport and now I have two names,

To update my BRP I had to apply again using form NTL for a new ILR. And post of all my documents again or if I didn't a possible £1000 apparently.

Applied on 23rd Jan
Took money 25th Jan
Biometrics, 9th Feb

Not heard anything since.

Has anyone else updated their ILR/BRP personal details?, I think it's treated as a brand new application?, would it be seen as an easier application? or am I doomed to be subject of the same six month wait?,
It is not deemed as new application but that doesnt make the home office be any quicker about any kind of application. You can not do anything except wait for your biometric card to come