ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence - Exceptionally Complex Issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

be123+

Long Residence - Exceptionally Complex Issues

Post by be123+ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi All,

My application has been more than six months and received a letter from the HO stating that they need more time to process and it is exceptionally complex issues.

I am wondering whether anyone received this letter? If so, Is there anybody who also received an approval letter after that? and how long?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Long Residence - Exceptionally Complex Issues

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:40 pm

This is quite a common letter sent to applicants when their case cannot be decided during the official time frame, which for ILR is 6 months.
HO needs more time to investigate something in your history/background. No need to worry, just wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 am

be123+ wrote:Hi All,

My application has been more than six months and received a letter from the HO stating that they need more time to process and it is exceptionally complex issues.

I am wondering whether anyone received this letter? If so, Is there anybody who also received an approval letter after that? and how long?

Thank you
Hi be123+,
could you please explain some more details about your case like what was your current visa are you self-employed and you had any tax amendments because I am in same boat. thanks

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:29 am

I have received a letter yesterday, it doen't say any thing about complexity but it only says that my application cannot be processed with in 6 months because of the high volume of applications. Its 1 week less in 6 months I have been waiting.
Waiting.

Could you plzzz tell me if there is a name or signed and authorised by some one in left bottom of your letter. Mine only says your sincerely home office, look like a mistake to me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:17 pm

legalkhan wrote:Could you plzzz tell me if there is a name or signed and authorised by some one in left bottom of your letter. Mine only says your sincerely home office, look like a mistake to me.
Members must NOT name the person whose name appears on their letters. The HO staff have not give you or anyone permission to post their name on a public internet forum and they do also have the right to privacy.

Which is likely why most letters are no becoming generic signatures.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Dear CR001,
I am not asking for name or signiture, I was just comparing the letter with all the other letters I have received in different time , each and every one contain a proper name or proper immigration team or even signed in some cases. My point is that the letter that I have got yesterday is differe, I don't want any body to tell me the name on it but just to confirm the existence of some one authorised.

ishara123
Newly Registered

Post by ishara123 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello Everyone,
Today I have received the following letter from Home Office

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances the target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, Unfortunately it appears that your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect tot make a decision on your application by 24th July, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

My Time Line :

Applied on : 15th Nov 2016
Bio Metric Done : 28th Nov 2016
Currnet Status : Tier 1(General)

When I renewed the Visa last time, I have shown both Self Employed and Employed (PAYE) income and declared the correct self employment income on HMRC as it stated on Accountant Report. I have agreed to pay the Outstanding Tax through Monthly direct debit since December 2014.

Has any one got the similar letter ? I have been getting Automated Emails every month on 24th so and this letter also dated on 24th April.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

The advice given above remains the same. This is an automated letter sent when your case is complex and cannot be decided within the promised time frame for an ILR postal application. Your tax/income affairs is certainly the reason why your application being held. If you read the posts on the forum, you can see this involves a longer wait and usually is the number one reason for ILR refusal under Tier 1 General. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice