ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration certificates and cards

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bazbazbaz
Newly Registered
Canada

Registration certificates and cards

Post by bazbazbaz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:12 am

I live & work in the UK. I received Portuguese citizenship in April 2015. Previously I was on a Tier 2 visa for two years, and then previous to that on Tier 5 for 2 years. I arrived in the UK in April 2012.

With all the Brexit uncertainty, I'm wondering if it is prudent for me to apply for the EEA (QP) certificate to establish a paper trail of the above. Is it? Is there any particular advantage / disadvantage to applying?

Also, as I will have been in the UK for 5 years as of spring 2016, is it possible for me to apply for a "permanent residence" card (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr)? My reading of the situation is I'm not, because my time on the points-based system does not count as qualified. Is it possible for me to apply for permanent residence?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Registration certificates and cards

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:18 am

bazbazbaz wrote:I live & work in the UK. I received Portuguese citizenship in April 2015. Previously I was on a Tier 2 visa for two years, and then previous to that on Tier 5 for 2 years. I arrived in the UK in April 2012.

With all the Brexit uncertainty, I'm wondering if it is prudent for me to apply for the EEA (QP) certificate to establish a paper trail of the above. Is it? Is there any particular advantage / disadvantage to applying?

Also, as I will have been in the UK for 5 years as of spring 2016, is it possible for me to apply for a "permanent residence" card (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr)? My reading of the situation is I'm not, because my time on the points-based system does not count as qualified. Is it possible for me to apply for permanent residence?

Thanks
Yes a QP RC is a good idea.
May help if there are any transitional arrangements put in place for Brexit which may be predicated on holding certain EU documentation (eg a RC) by a certain key date; (all TBD ofcourse).

And you need to show you have been a Union citizen for 5 years to acquire PR in your own right. So its looking like April 2020 for you. If UK is still in EU by 2020.

Do you have any Union citizen sponsor?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bazbazbaz
Newly Registered
Canada

How to established date of entry to UK as EEA citizen

Post by bazbazbaz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi,

I was on a tier 2 visa until May 2016 when it expired. I remained in the UK as an EU citizen because I got Portuguese citizenship in April 2016.

Since then I've crossed the border several times with no problem as an EEA resident and have been working in the UK the entire time on PAYE and sometimes freelance.

I want to apply for a registration certificate (https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate). Does a registration certificate verify the date you entered the UK as an EEA citizen? On the application form it is just asking for my current employer, not the one I was employed with when I became EEA.

I've now been in the UK for a year since becoming Portuguese. I'm just wondering how I would demonstrate that I was here since April 2016 (as opposed to since I registered with a certificate)

Also when you send off bank statements, passport, etc for the registration certificate, does the home office send everything from your application back to you?

thanks!

vinny

Re: Registration certificates and cards

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bazbazbaz
Newly Registered
Canada

Can Tier 2 time and EEA time contribute to PR application?

Post by bazbazbaz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi,

I was in the UK for two years under Tier 2.
Now I'm in the UK as an EEA resident.

Will I be able to combine both times in an application for permanent residency, or do you have to choose one category?

thanks

vinny

Re: Can Tier 2 time and EEA time contribute to PR applicatio

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm

bazbazbaz wrote:Hi,

I was in the UK for two years under Tier 2.
Now I'm in the UK as an EEA resident.

Will I be able to combine both times in an application for permanent residency, or do you have to choose one category?

thanks
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.