ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deboye13
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by deboye13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 am

no he didn't have any tax issues.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 am

Hi
Has the HO stopped sending acknowledgement letters?? my ILR fees was deducted on 6/4/2017 and haven't received any correspondence whatsoever.
I know its early but previously they use to send case reference letters the day payment was taken.

any idea to the above??

Thanks
Sal

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 am

Hi,

I applied for my ILR in April 2016. Asked to come for interview on 29/03/17 where there was a question about tax declared to HO for 2010 application and tax declared to HMRC for the same period being different.

Basically i had 2 employments for the period and supplied payslips for both for 2010 application. Got Tier 1 General granted in May 2011. My accountant did something to claim the tax back for the second employment hence HMRC records show less tax paid that initially claimed for Tier 1 G application.

I didnt have an answer for this question in the interview as it was 7 years ago so i didnt remember much about the tax refund (my mistake i know!). i completely went into shock when i was asked this questions so i just said i dont remeber why the 2 are different.

Based on the posts from some other users i am not expecting a positive outcome.

So my question is:
- If my ILR is refused; will i have the right to appeal? (application was submitted before current leave expired)
- Should i contract HMRC to try to arrange a DD for the tax difference?
- Can i change the application to 10 years route as i came in Sep 2015 so i am over 10years?

Thanks.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm

[quote="mansimranbal"]Hi,

You can switch your application from Tier 1 general to LR before rejection. once they have made the decision you cannot apply for LR then. Unfortunately Tier 1 general applicant don't get right to appeal but if they will refuse LR you will have right to appeal.
If they were satisfied with your answer they will approve hopefully. Hope for the best.

jt897142
Newly Registered

Post by jt897142 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 pm

+ in worst case, if rejected in LR, you will have right to work during appeal period.

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks Sarahkhan175 and jt897142 for your responses.

I have read (in this forum) that same checks are done for LR as for T1G so what are the chances of getting ILR under LR?

Also, can somebody advise on the switching process?
How much does it cost?
What Extra paperwork is required?
Can my wife (been in uk for 7 years as dependant) and son (born in UK in 2013) apply at the same time?

Thanks a lot.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm

[quote="mansimranbal"]
The chance is again 50/50 but all you need to know you will get right to appeal which you will never get in Tier 1 general. On appeal you can stay and fight. Fees will be £2887.00 GBP premium appointment plus your solicitor fee. your solicitor needs to write a letter to Sheffield home office to transfer your documents from Sheffield to wherever you are going for interview. Once your documents would transferred you just need new form for LR and nothing else. Your wife 5 years will start again and same for all dependant applicants unless your kids born in UK. Also don't apply all of you together to save money. Let apply main applicant first and rest later may be via post. I hope that's help.

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks again sarahkhan175. Thats very helpful.

My wife's current leave has expired on 03/05/2016 (we applied for ILR on 30/04/2016) so if i dont apply to switch for her at the same time will she not be classed as an overstayer because she dosent have a valid visa to stay? My child was born in UK so he should be fine.

Thanks.

jt897142
Newly Registered

Post by jt897142 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 pm

mansimranbal wrote:Thanks again sarahkhan175. Thats very helpful.

My wife's current leave has expired on 03/05/2016 (we applied for ILR on 30/04/2016) so if i dont apply to switch for her at the same time will she not be classed as an overstayer because she dosent have a valid visa to stay? My child was born in UK so he should be fine.

Thanks.
You're right, If your wife is your dependent in current T1G application. You will have to apply for her too. But her's will be (I think) FLR application. I am not expert though, So take advice from solicitor.

All the best.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:31 pm

saleemd wrote:Hi
Has the HO stopped sending acknowledgement letters?? my ILR fees was deducted on 6/4/2017 and haven't received any correspondence whatsoever.
I know its early but previously they use to send case reference letters the day payment was taken.

any idea to the above??

Thanks
Sal

Hello,

They send emails now (from an automated email id). They are in the following format:

Dear XX XXX XXXXX,

Case ID: XXXXXXXX

We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

You will be notified of the outcome of your application in writing.

Please note that this is an automated mailbox and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

Permanent migration team

kapsb80
Newly Registered

Post by kapsb80 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 am

Dear revanth667 & devi2211 ,

Did you guys have any update on your application?

regards,
Kapsb80

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:49 pm

kapsb80 wrote:Dear revanth667 & devi2211 ,

regards,
Kapsb80
No update still waiting, exactly one year now.
Interview attended end of March.

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm

hi

its been exactly one year today and had interview on 8th Feb still waiting

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:26 pm

I can not believe that they are taking that long even after the interview, as I heard that interview is the last step towards the decision of application. I have interview tomorrow I will be so pissed off if they take more time in deciding my application as its already been over 15 months since I applied.

kapsb80
Newly Registered

Post by kapsb80 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 pm

devi2211 wrote:

regards,
Kapsb80
Thanks devi2211,
For your reply, do you mind sharing the questions asked in interview plz....

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:40 pm

kapsb80 wrote:
devi2211 wrote:

regards,
Kapsb80
Thanks devi2211,
Hi Kapsb80,

The questions are similar as other members mentioned before related to current Employment,job description and company details. some specific questions on my application.
I have amendment for 2012-13 tax year.
As I informed UKVI that the tax discrepancies are due to accounting mistakes from accountant side so they have asked me questions like,
How can a certified Accountant do mistakes?
By the Law are you aware, you are responsible for your own Taxes?
Did you sign and sight your tax returns before submitting to HMRC?
Did you changed your accountant after you find these errors?
Did you complained on your Accountant to their Regulatory body?
When did you discovered these errors?
What action have you taken after finding these errors?

When did you applied and when is your interview?

Thanks.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 am

hi
good morning everyone
i received letter from home office regarding my ILR.
they mention in letter i have to submit my sa302 form and tax overview for the period in which i have been register as a self employed or director as company and also provide company returns .
but when i open that letter i did not find any attachment or any questionnaire.
So What i have to do now shall i Print form online or anything else.
Please help me.

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:08 am

Happy85 wrote:hi
good morning everyone
they mention in letter i have to submit my sa302 form and tax overview for the period in which i have been register as a self employed or director as company and also provide company returns .
Please help me.
Hi When did you apply for ILR?

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 am

SM03KUW wrote:
Happy85 wrote:hi
good morning everyone
Please help me.
Hi When did you apply for ILR?
i applied last year 06.08.2016
i received letter last week they mention we encl. questionnaire. but there was no questionnaire in the envelop. only letter inside , the mention i have to submit SA302 for my sell-employed years and all year tax returns and but how can i find questionnaire, because i have to submit by 11.05.2017.
please help me .

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:33 am

[quote="Happy85

Its a common sense there should be any contact details. your solicitor needs to contact them to cheers Questionnaires or inform them there is no questionnaires whatever they are asking in letter we going to provide them before date.
Or you can just reply to this letter and say you have not received Questionnaires. You received only this letter and how come you can answers the questions as questionnaires have not been received.
HO normally send email, send 2 letters 1 to applicant and 2nd to solicitor make sure you have not received at all before you reply. Thank you.

kapsb80
Newly Registered

Post by kapsb80 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

devi2211 wrote:
kapsb80 wrote:
devi2211 wrote:

regards,
Kapsb80
Thanks devi2211,
Hi Kapsb80,

The questions are similar as other members mentioned before related to current Employment,job description and company details. some specific questions on my application.
I have amendment for 2012-13 tax year.
As I informed UKVI that the tax discrepancies are due to accounting mistakes from accountant side so they have asked me questions like,
How can a certified Accountant do mistakes?
By the Law are you aware, you are responsible for your own Taxes?
Did you sign and sight your tax returns before submitting to HMRC?
Did you changed your accountant after you find these errors?
Did you complained on your Accountant to their Regulatory body?
When did you discovered these errors?
What action have you taken after finding these errors?

When did you applied and when is your interview?

Thanks.
Thanks Once again devi2211,
I just replied for the Questionnaires received, which was quite similar asking about any amendments,how did you discovered etc.. yet to hear back from them.
I also have amendments for 2010-11..
They ask you how & when did you discover the error, then what was your answer to them?

regards,
kapsb80

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:05 am

sarahkhan175 wrote:[quote="Happy85

Its a common sense there should be any contact details. your solicitor needs to contact them to cheers Questionnaires or inform them there is no questionnaires whatever they are asking in letter we going to provide them before date.
Or you can just reply to this letter and say you have not received Questionnaires. You received only this letter and how come you can answers the questions as questionnaires have not been received.
HO normally send email, send 2 letters 1 to applicant and 2nd to solicitor make sure you have not received at all before you reply. Thank you.
thanks for reply but i don't have any solicitor i submitted application myself. that's why i am worried. please le me know i have to contact case worker or anyone.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:28 pm

[quote="Happy85"][quote="sarahkhan175"][quote="Happy85

Its very hard they will reply you. I send 100 emails never got reply my Solicitor send only one email and received reply after 1 day... I suggest you to reply the letter with SA302 and covering letter explaining y you amends your accounts and all general questions they are asking now a days. Also mention in first line that you have not received any questionnaires. DO this as soon as possible so they can send you questionnaire if they wish too and you can submit before the end date. I hope that's help.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:13 pm

sarahkhan175 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:

Its very hard they will reply you. I send 100 emails never got reply my Solicitor send only one email and received reply after 1 day... I suggest you to reply the letter with SA302 and covering letter explaining y you amends your accounts and all general questions they are asking now a days. Also mention in first line that you have not received any questionnaires. DO this as soon as possible so they can send you questionnaire if they wish too and you can submit before the end date. I hope that's help.
thank you so much i appreciate.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:16 pm

sarahkhan175 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:

thank you so much i appreciate.