ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going through such a hardship... i need help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mktk1310
Newly Registered

Going through such a hardship... i need help

Post by mktk1310 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:00 am

Hello,

My name is Natasha who was born and raised in England.
i am married to a South Korean man who ive been in a relationship with since 2009 (I was 16), we are
now officially married in both countries, we already have one child together and another one who is due to be born in the next 6 weeks. We met back in 2009 when we were 16,17 and been in this painful distant relationship since. we knew we loved each other deeply and we thought we could pull this through together but things are seeming to get harder and harder. I am currently going through a lot of depression and anxiety. Yes, We are currently living in South Korea due to my husbands visa not working out. but i really want to come home. I am 24 years old and my husband is 25 years old now and we have children Im not sure how I can manage to earn the 18,600 pound per year with my qualification or work experience. It almost indicates to me that i don't deserve to love who i want to love or be with who i want to be with purely because Im not either rich or educated. I am currently suffering all sort of depression and anxiety and have been for months on top of pregnancy hormones and things going on in S.Korea. I have been so upset that I wasn't allowed to be with my family where where I feel safe and home.

My husband doesnt have the best history in the UK as was a teenager he hung around with a bad crowd but hes turnt into a man who feels responsibilities as a man and as father.

I believe that Myself and my children have a right to live in my home country and have a right to be with my husband and my children need him i couldnt see my children growing up without their father

If there is any advice you can give me or anything you can do to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this I will be looking forward to your kind response

warm regards to you all

vinny

Re: Going through such a hardship... i need help

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:25 am

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court upheld the tough financial requirements of Appendix FM. However, they may protect the best interests of children. Wait and see if there are any changes to policy.

The level of stress may be the difference between what you have and what you want. Some people try to reduce stress by going up from what they have to what they want. However, it may be easier to go down from what you want to what you have!

I think you are lucky not to be in North Korea. Enjoy your life with your loving husband and dual national child(ren).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mktk1310
Newly Registered

Post by mktk1310 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 am

its South Korea :shock: 8) :lol:

clareR
Newly Registered

Post by clareR » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:12 am

I really feel for you, it is very unfair that you are unable to live in your home country with your husband. I have a friend in a similar situation, except her husband is Indian. They travelled to Greece and then Malta, using her right to free movement within the eu schenghen zone. They now live happily in Malta together. Although I am really unsure how Brexit will affect that.

I do not know what job skills you have, but these days you can work online for companies in the US,UK etc and earn a decent amount of money via websites such a upwork.com and freelancer.com. Especially if you have various computer skills.

If you really do not want to stay in Korea, then I would suggest looking into ways to reach that income threshold. I am not saying that would be easy, but it is a possibility. Starting a business, freelancing etc.

I just wish you all the best

clareR
Newly Registered

Post by clareR » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:19 am

Something else occurred to me, that is you have mentioned that you are suffering from anxiety and depression. I think it would involve you being in the UK for sometime to do this, but if you were to have such conditions diagnosed by a doctor in the UK and if you were awarded DLA, then you would not have to meet the minimum income threshold. Those with a health issue who receive DLA do not have to meet the minimum income threshold.

However I do understand that with a husband and children in S.Korea, this is likely not an option, but it is just something you could look into, as you are suffering and have these conditions, then that does change things somewhat and I really do not know whether you would have to have that diagnosed in the UK or not, I am no expert, but I just know that certain medical conditions do affect the requirements for spouse visa application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 am

clareR wrote:Something else occurred to me, that is you have mentioned that you are suffering from anxiety and depression. I think it would involve you being in the UK for sometime to do this, but if you were to have such conditions diagnosed by a doctor in the UK and if you were awarded DLA, then you would not have to meet the minimum income threshold. Those with a health issue who receive DLA do not have to meet the minimum income threshold.

However I do understand that with a husband and children in S.Korea, this is likely not an option, but it is just something you could look into, as you are suffering and have these conditions, then that does change things somewhat and I really do not know whether you would have to have that diagnosed in the UK or not, I am no expert, but I just know that certain medical conditions do affect the requirements for spouse visa application.
OP is not entitled to benefits as outside the UK for a substantial time. DLA I believe is not paid for depression and anxiety. It is ESA that is paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mktk1310
Newly Registered

Post by mktk1310 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:36 am

Thank you all very much for your kind replies.

My Auntine who accordingly suffered disabilities she got some guy from Tunisia over who she met online dating site and now they are living in England on spouse visa condition but for a man like my husband who had spent his teenage here in the UK yes hes caused some issues in the past but hes more british than i am, he speaks English like one of us, hes got the mind like one of us but yet hes not allowed to be where he feels home as well. but only because my auntie has disabilities that tunisian man was able to come over who i deeply know hes not with my auntie for the sake of love but just to have better standards of living in England. im not discriminating, honestly theres nothing to like about my auntie... shes weights like 20 stones, what man would honestly meet such woman online and fall in love. no shes just being used. he beats her like as if he feels nothing for her but she stays with him becaause she THINKS he loves her. *she never had a boyfriend in her life

the point of this is not to discriminate but to stress my point that my husband deserves more to be in the UK . we even have british born child and one more in the oven so how come my husband deserve less rights than that tunisian man.... do i really have to go hit myself onthe head to become disabled to get him over or work my mule off 2 jobs which would resulrt my family to be separated at least of 6 months so i can show to bank statement. what a crule world this is....