ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refusal overturned by appeal judge, what now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

clareR
Newly Registered

Spouse visa refusal overturned by appeal judge, what now?

Post by clareR » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 am

Last week, after a one and a half year wait, I finally had my day in spouse visa appeal court. Only just as we were on the floater list, but a judge did take a look at our case and the home office representative at the hearing actually conceded at the hearing and the judge told us that he would get the verdict (that the refusal was overturned) in the post within a week, as he said we had waited so long, but he confirmed at the hearing our appeal was successful.

I have been reading that even after a successful appeal it can take ages to actually get the stamp in the passport and I am wondering what current waiting times are like.

We are also still worried that despite the very nice home office rep at the appeal, conceding and ending up telling the judge she felt he should rule in our favour, that once the verdict is sent to some other department we could still face them appealing against that. Until we get this stamp in my husbands visa we dont feel we can celebrate or count our chickens.

Any relevant experience or timeline info would be appreciated.

Thanks

sha373

Re: Spouse visa refusal overturned by appeal judge, what now

Post by sha373 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi, last friday 21april 2017 i had FTT hearing in sheldon birmingham
Same thing happend to me judge allowed appeal i m waited ng for lette now
Still scared if HO go for further appeal on upper tribunal
HO representatives didnt ask too much question and almost concide in my case as wll
It took 16 month to b appear in FTT ,
Objection were on relationship, accommodations and financial
But on ECM review HO concided on relationships and accommodation objections
They think my self employment is not genuine , which i proved genuine at FTT, and judge allowed my appeal
Now let c , waiting for decision letter

Syasir
Newly Registered

Post by Syasir » Wed May 03, 2017 2:54 pm

I got same problem aswel but i don't know the decision for judge it will be week tomorow since i been to court at the end judge told me she will write a letter to me as soon as possible i don't know if its a good news or no am so stressed out do you know how long will she take to write a letter to me

sha373

Post by sha373 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:39 pm

It wil take 2-4 weeks to receive letter from court

If u have representative, than ur rep will receive letter

Syasir
Newly Registered

Post by Syasir » Thu May 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Oh ok yes i had solicitor and judge did said she will write a letter to my solicitor