ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Viable option to look for work in Europe or UK?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

topu
Newly Registered

Viable option to look for work in Europe or UK?

Post by topu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Should I go to any country in Europe or UK as a visitor to look for job or is a student visa more viable? I'm getting mixed answers from people. My family and friends in the UK and Europe says a visitors visa would be more preferable than a student visa.
I'd like some of your opinion who went to Europe/UK/EEA either as a student or under a visitors visa and god a job.
I'd like to hear your success story, so...you dont need to tell me as to what i should do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Viable option to look for work in Europe or UK?

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:40 pm

You need to accept the fact that there is no easy way that you can join your family in the UK. That ship sailed the day you turned 18. Even if you were in Europe, you would still need a visa to visit the UK.

I would strongly suggest you decide on a) one visa route and b) which country you want to be. It is unreasonable to post numerous topics for advice in so many different sub forums (Tier 2, Tier 4, Family Immigration & Europe) and expect strangers to help your make the decision.

If you want to be with your family, as obviously you would have somewhere to stay, language isn't a problem (as it would be in the EU), then look at the Tier 2 General route and find a sponsor or Tier 4 if you want to continue studying if you can get a university to issue a CAS. Tier 4 however DOES NOT allow you to settle in the UK and you will be subject to the cap.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

topu
Newly Registered

Post by topu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:05 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to accept the fact that there is no easy way that you can join your family in the UK. That ship sailed the day you turned 18. Even if you were in Europe, you would still need a visa to visit the UK.

I would strongly suggest you decide on a) one visa route and b) which country you want to be. It is unreasonable to post numerous topics for advice in so many different sub forums (Tier 2, Tier 4, Family Immigration & Europe) and expect strangers to help your make the decision.

If you want to be with your family, as obviously you would have somewhere to stay, language isn't a problem (as it would be in the EU), then look at the Tier 2 General route and find a sponsor or Tier 4 if you want to continue studying if you can get a university to issue a CAS. Tier 4 however DOES NOT allow you to settle in the UK and you will be subject to the cap.
As this is a forum where anyone is entitled to ask, I have the right to post questions anywhere in the forum. I'm not breaking any rules.

Secondly, I posted here to know the success stories and mentioned that I do not want any advice.

Third, asking for some information will help me make a decision and there is nothing wrong with that. I am also aware that tier 4 does not allow me to settle down. The question was about how people made it there and other practical matters, so no need to get critical.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

topu wrote:
CR001 wrote:You need to accept the fact that there is no easy way that you can join your family in the UK. That ship sailed the day you turned 18. Even if you were in Europe, you would still need a visa to visit the UK.

As this is a forum where anyone is entitled to ask, I have the right to post questions anywhere in the forum. I'm not breaking any rules.

Secondly, I posted here to know the success stories and mentioned that I do not want any advice.

Third, asking for some information will help me make a decision and there is nothing wrong with that. I am also aware that tier 4 does not allow me to settle down. The question was about how people made it there and other practical matters, so no need to get critical.
I suggest that you read the rules on multiple posting in this thread: :idea:
announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.