ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lawyer recommendation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saira1983
Newly Registered

Lawyer recommendation

Post by saira1983 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi all

I need help with applying for British citizenship. I have ILR but due to the fairly recent changes in rules re good character requirement, my BC application will have a major issue.

As the issue is complicated, I need to go to a good lawyer. Has anyone on this forum used a lawyer who they can recommend, in or around Midlands or London.

I have had some really bad experiences with immigration lawyers before, and just need to know if there are any I can rely on.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lawyer recommendation

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:26 am

Members are NOT permitted to post lawyer/solicitor details on the forum. Any details posted will be removed and both yourself and the other user issued with a final warning.

Your recent posts indicate questions about PR under EEA FM rules and ILR LR, so clarify which route you took.

The good character requirement is not 'recent'. Been in place for well over a year now. Is your query regarding your previous WP employer and tax issue?

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-10-years ... l#p1314874
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:51 am

saira1983 wrote:Hi all

I need help with applying for British citizenship. I have ILR but due to the fairly recent changes in rules re good character requirement, my BC application will have a major issue.

As the issue is complicated, I need to go to a good lawyer. Has anyone on this forum used a lawyer who they can recommend, in or around Midlands or London.

I have had some really bad experiences with immigration lawyers before, and just need to know if there are any I can rely on.

Thanks
The rules are rules so I won't post solicitor details, however my advice is to expect to pay hundreds of pounds (over £500) for top service. :roll: Immigration is a serious topic so don't try to go for the cheapest option, go for the one with the most positive feedback, which could be very costly. There are plenty of places online where you can see solicitor feedback (including simply Google, even Facebook).

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Saira,

Ofcourse you are free to use a lawyer, unfortunately members cannot help you select one.

However, my experience with the forum is so much better. I used our Company appointed lawyer but my conclusion was that this forum has following benefits:
1. More accurate knowledge and combined experience
2. Speed of responses

While my lawyer took atleast a week to 10 days to respond, I got the responses here on this forum overnight. The accuracy of information on the forum was better than the lawyer. On some items lawyer told me something different and I found out that advise I got on the forum was the correct one. Thankfully I went with the advice received on the forum and I got my ILR easily. Hope I succeed all the way to getting British Passport.

So may be try seeking advice on the forum and if you feel like, you can always consult a lawyer of your choice. I would say Casa, CR001, Vinny, Obie, Alterhase etc are really knowledgeable folks. Better try it.

Best regards
R

saira1983
Newly Registered

Post by saira1983 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 pm

CR001 ! Thanks, I meant the details to be sent via 'PM' to me. I had noticed this way of communication being discussed on this site. Hence, I asked. Of course I did not mean a lawyer recommendation to be sent via a public message. Sorry for not being clear in my post.
With regards to good character requirement, agreed that it is not recent. Therefore, referred to as "fairly recent" in my post.
With regards to the issue, yes the issue is the same as you have mentioned.

Salimtin and RBSB ! Thanks for the advice !