ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queations related to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Queations related to ILR

Post by Yellow rose » Wed May 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Dear Zimba88 and another experts,
I got my extended visa after 10 months for second time application and this visa period started from February 2017 to February 2019. next February, I will be eligible to apply ILR for 5 years resident . Can I apply ILR next February or I have to wait until February 2019 ?

Anther question for my child who is my dependent for initial visa and extended visa ,but his initial got later 9 months than me ,should I need wait until he will stay in the uk for 5 years?

many thanks in advance,

Rose

zimba
Mood:

Re: Queations related to ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 03, 2017 4:25 pm

I got my extended visa after 10 months for second time application and this visa period started from February 2017 to February 2019. next February, I will be eligible to apply ILR for 5 years resident . Can I apply ILR next February or I have to wait until February 2019 ?
28 days before your 5 years period is complete, assuming that you qualify under ALL the other requirements including business activity & jobs creation.
Anther question for my child who is my dependent for initial visa and extended visa ,but his initial got later 9 months than me ,should I need wait until he will stay in the uk for 5 years?
The choice is yours. You can wait until all of you are eligible for ILR together or PBS dependants can remain on PBS dependant visa until their 5 year is complete and eligible for ILR. In that case, you apply for your ILR application separately without the dependants.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Post by Yellow rose » Wed May 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Dear Zimba88,
Many many thanks for your prompt answer . I understood your meaning, but if I apply separately without my child dependent and succeed ,how can my child apply for the ILR without main applicant ? my child is over 18 year old now and he has always been under the tier1 dependent visa .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 pm

A dependant does not need to necessarily apply with you. Your child remains a PBS dependant.
However if your dependant has become 18, certain conditions apply for extension of the dependant visa. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Post by Yellow rose » Thu May 04, 2017 8:00 am

zimba88 wrote:A dependant does not need to necessarily apply with you. Your child remains a PBS dependant.
However if your dependant has become 18, certain conditions apply for extension of the dependant visa. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
Thanksalot