ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee on maternity leave

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itk
- thin ice -

Employee on maternity leave

Post by itk » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Hello All,
It's so good to be back. Please I got my extension in March and I've always kept my two employees. However, one of my employee is currently on maternity leave hence she is on Statutory Maternity Pay. I just want to know if it would be an issue during ILR as his monthly payment keeps reducing every month, although my accountant suggest it would not be an issue as he is still on my payroll. Any advice is highly welcome.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employee on maternity leave

Post by zimba » Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 pm

The Tier 1E rules require you to follow the law. The maternity pay is required by the law and time spent on maternity pay must be counted as usual work.
I suggest to enter maternity pay separately with the relevant hourly rate on the form (a new row).
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

itk
- thin ice -

Re: Employee on maternity leave

Post by itk » Thu May 04, 2017 3:23 am

zimba88 wrote:The Tier 1E rules require you to follow the law. The maternity pay is required by the law and time spent on maternity pay must be counted as usual work.
I suggest to enter maternity pay separately with the relevant hourly rate on the form (a new row).
Thank you Zimba88. This tend to agree with what my accountant suggested. At least my curiosity is laid to rest. Thanks again