ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Petition for ILR applications - holding applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aditi12

Petition for ILR applications - holding applications

Post by Aditi12 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello everyone

As we all are struggling some way or the other with the home office issues going around.
I have tried to sum up overall issues in one petition.

Please take some time and read it ! Not sure where we would take this but i believe personally its a little high time to bring some attention

https://www.change.org/p/amber-rudd-mp- ... m=copylink

Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Petition for ILR applications - holding applications

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 04, 2017 10:51 pm

A few suggestions for the petition.

a) For there to be any meaningful action on it, I suggest that the petition be set up again on the Parliamentary petitions website after the General Election. That way, there would be a debate in Parliament if the petition reaches 100,000 signatures. There would be a government response if the petition reaches 10,000.
Change.org (the current host of the petition) seems to be terribly out of date. It has Vince Cable listed as the Secretary for BIS. He left both that job and Parliament in 2015.

b) Make it shorter, much shorter. Way too much text and way too many bases to cover.

c) Make the petition about one specific action. ILR applications taking too long is something that many people can sign up to and crucially is a specific action that can be monitored and/or observed. So, make the petition about "ILR applications not to exceed six months and a process to be put in place for travel documents to be returned after three months if requested". That is a specific and measurable objective, as opposed to the waffly "reduce hostility towards immigrants".
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Re: Petition for ILR applications - holding applications

Post by legalkhan » Sat May 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello,
Totally agreed with Secret.simon, the most frustrating thing about the Home office is that they are taking too much time than the service standard to get an ILR application processed, despite of taking the full fees. Even if the application is well explained and fully completed.