ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to france while holding resident card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

balaaal

Travelling to france while holding resident card

Post by balaaal » Wed May 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi
Would like expert advice please as i am unable to find specific answer online
I am married to french nation and have a daughter who also hold a french passport. I have resident card issue by home offic
We are visiting family in france but my wife would be staying a bit longer and i would returning back to UK on my own

My question is , as i hold uk based resident card. Does my wife need to be coming back with me or I can enter UK on my own.

Please advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Travelling to france while holding resident card

Post by seagul » Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 am

Yes you can enter back to UK alone but maybe asked a lot/few questions about EU spouse.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes you can enter alon back to uk

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Thu May 04, 2017 9:28 pm

even if my wife is not in the uk?

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Thu May 11, 2017 2:38 pm

balaaal wrote:even if my wife is not in the uk?
Yes. Your EEA sponsor only has to be resident in the UK for you to have the right to live here. She does not have to be physically present in the country every minute of every day, and she doesn't have to be with you when crossing the border.

I re-enter the UK all the time on my EEA residence card, and I'm rarely with my EEA citizen wife. At most they might ask where she is. You should just tell the truth: she stayed behind in France for a few days/weeks and then she's coming back as well. There is nothing wrong with that at all.