ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch From Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mani_younus
Newly Registered

Switch From Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 Visa

Post by mani_younus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 am

Hi All

I am a silent member of this board and really appreciate the efforts you guys put to help each other.

I need some information on Switching from Tier 1 Enterpreneur to Tier 2 General Visa. My extension for Tier 1 is due in April. I was wondering in case Tier 1 Extension is Rejected (My Tier 1 Visa expired meanwhile waiting for decision), I believe we are given 14 days to leave the country, Once of the companies have offered to sponsor me. In case of Tier 1 Rejection, Would I be able to switch to Tier 2 in those 14 days and file a new application for Tier 2.

1. Would this count as over stay ?

2. Does 3 Years of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and 2 Years of Tier 2 (General) add up to make 5 Years for ILR.

I hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Switch From Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 Visa

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Yes but it will be ignored for ILR if your fresh application is granted
2. Does 3 Years of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and 2 Years of Tier 2 (General) add up to make 5 Years for ILR.
Yes, the time spent on Tier 1E is counted towards 5 years required under Tier 2 General

Please remember that HO can question your business activity, investment, etc during your time on Tier 1E before letting you switch to Tier 2 general or even during ILR. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mani_younus
Newly Registered

Post by mani_younus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 am

Thank you Zimba. Just to clarify that even though my visa will be expired but i CAN submit a new application of Tier 2 if my Tier 1E application is rejected.
Do i have an option of going in person with my Tier 2 application after the rejection of my Tier 1E extension visa.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 pm

mani_younus wrote:Thank you Zimba. Just to clarify that even though my visa will be expired but i CAN submit a new application of Tier 2 if my Tier 1E application is rejected.
Yes, as long as you do this within 14 days of refusal
Do i have an option of going in person with my Tier 2 application after the rejection of my Tier 1E extension visa.
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mani_younus
Newly Registered

Post by mani_younus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:49 am

Thank you Zimba. Much appreciated.

manu1221
Newly Registered

Post by manu1221 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:11 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Yes but it will be ignored for ILR if your fresh application is granted
Yes, the time spent on Tier 1E is counted towards 5 years required under Tier 2 General

Please remember that HO can question your business activity, investment, etc during your time on Tier 1E before letting you switch to Tier 2 general or even during ILR. :!:
Hi Zimba, would you please help to suggest. If my T1 entrepreneur application is in progress at HO and I want to switch to Tier2 ?
(1) Would it be possible to switch to Tier2, if T1 (Ent) Extension application is on-going with HO.
(2) If Yes, then can I go to the premium services and get the Tier2 Visa?
(3) Also my Tier1 (ent) 3yrs + Tier2 2yrs some up for the ILR 5years please?

You suggestion and advise would be much appreciated. Thanks

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am

I m sure I read it that tier 1 entrepreneur 3 years and following 2 years on tier 2 makes up 5.
Switching from tier2 to tier1 enterpreneur will not.
I m not sure if you can apply for another category while one application is already with home office.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 07, 2017 4:11 pm

(1) Would it be possible to switch to Tier2, if T1 (Ent) Extension application is on-going with HO.
Yes, you need to vary your extension application to Tier 2
Yes
Yes

manu1221
Newly Registered

Post by manu1221 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 am

zimba88 wrote:
Yes, you need to vary your extension application to Tier 2
Yes
Yes
Thanks alot Zimba88 for your valued response :)

suku103
Newly Registered

Post by suku103 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi all,

Hope you are well.

I am currently moving from Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa (Valid till end of Aug 2017) to Tier 2 General ( 3 Years & £60,000 Per Year - Leadership role) and my sponsored company is Tier 1 company at the market and they have arranged me an premium service appointment with Home Office at Croydon next week.

I just want to make sure that i want to ready to answer all possible in 100% confident.

I have two employees(full-time) at the moment under my limited company for last 12 months continuously. (Under Tier 1)

am quite concerns on the questions will be raised by embassy officer and i have firmed the below questions who can guide me to answer and make ready for my interview under Tier 2 general from Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

1. How much you investment to your company?
A: My employers salaries and Website support , cloud and servers - £35,000- £40,000 as of now [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS]
2. Why you moving Tier 1 to Tier 2? and how you applied the role on this company?
A: My Company isn't doing well what i want expected and forested and that's is the reason i am moving to tier 2. I was giving support to this company on and off and i saw the advertisement on the job board about the role which perfectly matches my current work and its my academic background course which related to my master degree. [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS ]
3. Did you pay all your taxes for the period last two - three years?
A: Yes, i have paid all taxes(PAYE/NI - TILL MAY 2017) but corp taxes i have paid (June - June ) for 2014 - 2015, 2015 - 2016 and 2016 - 2017 yet to fill as the period is not completed yet. [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS]
4. Whats are current projects you and your partner handling under your ltd company?
A: Mine is XXXX starts from Oct 2016 till May 2017 and my partner is YYYY starts from Marc 2017 till now and we are providing services through our limited company under web-server and client web-portal (IT and networking, maintenance issues for our clients) of my ltd company. [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS]
5. ANY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED IN ORDER TO PREPARE ME TO ANSWERS ANY KIND OF QUESTIONS RAISED BY THE EMBASSY OFFICER OR CASE WORKER.

Many thanks for your help and support in advance.

Thanks,
Suku

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:32 pm

suku103 wrote:Hi all,

I just want to make sure that i want to ready to answer all possible in 100% confident.
If you want to be 100% confident then just be truthful. I would avoid trying to make up answers that you think the officer wants to hear is risky - very easy to slip up. (This is not specific to Visa applications - it is generally a good practice for anything)
suku103 wrote:I have two employees(full-time) at the moment under my limited company for last 12 months continuously. (Under Tier 1)

am quite concerns on the questions will be raised by embassy officer and i have firmed the below questions who can guide me to answer and make ready for my interview under Tier 2 general from Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

A: My employers salaries and Website support , cloud and servers - £35,000- £40,000 as of now [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS]
2. Why you moving Tier 1 to Tier 2? and how you applied the role on this company?
A: My Company isn't doing well what i want expected and forested and that's is the reason i am moving to tier 2. I was giving support to this company on and off and i saw the advertisement on the job board about the role which perfectly matches my current work and its my academic background course which related to my master degree. [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS ]
A: Yes, i have paid all taxes(PAYE/NI - TILL MAY 2017) but corp taxes i have paid (June - June ) for 2014 - 2015, 2015 - 2016 and 2016 - 2017 yet to fill as the period is not completed yet. [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS]
4. Whats are current projects you and your partner handling under your ltd company?
A: Mine is XXXX starts from Oct 2016 till May 2017 and my partner is YYYY starts from Marc 2017 till now and we are providing services through our limited company under web-server and client web-portal (IT and networking, maintenance issues for our clients) of my ltd company. [ ANY BETTER ANSWERS GUYS]
5. ANY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED IN ORDER TO PREPARE ME TO ANSWERS ANY KIND OF QUESTIONS RAISED BY THE EMBASSY OFFICER OR CASE WORKER.

Thanks,
Suku
I don't think anyone in this forum can answer questions about your business - you have the best answers.
None of the questions above are relevant to your Tier 2 Visa.

From what you say, it appears you were a genuine T1E applicant - things did not turn out, which is normal in Entrepreneurship (I know - I just had to make the hard decision to close my company). So, as long as you have not got T1E under false pretences, VI is not going to curtail your T1E - which is the only thing that would impact your T2.

The only other thing that may have a consideration to your T2 application is about what you do with your current business. Obviously T2 conditions do not allow you to continue to work for that company (though you can volunteer)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

suku103
Newly Registered

Post by suku103 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:56 pm

marcnath wrote:
suku103 wrote:Hi all,

If you want to be 100% confident then just be truthful. I would avoid trying to make up answers that you think the officer wants to hear is risky - very easy to slip up. (This is not specific to Visa applications - it is generally a good practice for anything)
suku103 wrote:I have two employees(full-time) at the moment under my limited company for last 12 months continuously. (Under Tier 1)

Thanks,
Suku
I don't think anyone in this forum can answer questions about your business - you have the best answers.
None of the questions above are relevant to your Tier 2 Visa.

From what you say, it appears you were a genuine T1E applicant - things did not turn out, which is normal in Entrepreneurship (I know - I just had to make the hard decision to close my company). So, as long as you have not got T1E under false pretences, VI is not going to curtail your T1E - which is the only thing that would impact your T2.

The only other thing that may have a consideration to your T2 application is about what you do with your current business. Obviously T2 conditions do not allow you to continue to work for that company (though you can volunteer)
thank you sir for your prompt response.

Yes, i am confident to answer all the question in genuine way.

1. What if they ask the remaining £10,000 is not invested yet? [ on my current tier 1 visa question ]
2. Gross salary in pound sterling including any allowances and guaranteed
bonuses: £60,000 on Cos. is that means maintenance funds also of £945?
3. my immigration team has asked me to take this ready(listed below) when i am going to premium service? is it right order?
 Original passports
 Two passport photos
o On the back of your passport photograph, please write your full name.
 The biometric residence permits
 IHS payment reference number - payment confirmation document
 Email confirmation of application payment- print out
 Checklist- print out
 Submitted extension form- print out
 Certificate of Sponsorship- print out

Many thanks for your help and support.

Thanks,
S

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:06 pm

suku103 wrote: thank you sir for your prompt response.

Yes, i am confident to answer all the question in genuine way.

1. What if they ask the remaining £10,000 is not invested yet? [ on my current tier 1 visa question ]
The condition that you have invested the full amount is only valid for extension. Since you are not extending, that is not an issue.
But the conditions of stay under T1E require you to have access to the full amount throughout the leave period (the uninvested amount). So, as long as the 10000 is still in your account (take the evidence for that) it should be ok.
suku103 wrote:2. Gross salary in pound sterling including any allowances and guaranteed
bonuses: £60,000 on Cos. is that means maintenance funds also of £945?
The question is confusing. Your maintenance fund requirement is separate from the salary requirement on CoS
suku103 wrote:3. my immigration team has asked me to take this ready(listed below) when i am going to premium service? is it right order?
 Original passports
 Two passport photos
o On the back of your passport photograph, please write your full name.
 The biometric residence permits
 IHS payment reference number - payment confirmation document
 Email confirmation of application payment- print out
 Checklist- print out
 Submitted extension form- print out
 Certificate of Sponsorship- print out

Many thanks for your help and support.

Thanks,
S
Look like you have a good immigration team :-)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

randomguy
Newly Registered

Post by randomguy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:12 pm

@suku103,

Hi suku103,

Hope you are well. Could you please update the status of your application. I am on the same boat as you.