ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of Stamp 4 after failure to get original 5 years EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mikael
Newly Registered

Renewal of Stamp 4 after failure to get original 5 years EU1

Post by Mikael » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi everyone
I am one of the "lucky" NON EU nationals married to an EU national who manage to get at least a stamp 4 for one year after having being denied the 5 years which the EU regulations specify.

In 2 weeks time my stamp 4 expires.
I have contacted eutreatyrights@justice.ie to ask them what has to be done to get a renewal. In the letter that I got from the Department in March last year is was clear that I needed to approach the GNIB with the supporting documentation once the stamp expires and it will be renewed.

The answer I got from the email I sent was that I have to go through the whole EU1 application again

Can you imagine?????
Go through all that again???
What will happen with my job?? My life will get ruined...I would not have emotional strenght to go through all that humilliation again.
Please help!!
Is someone in the same position??

Please those who managed to successfully renew their stamp 4 please let me know how it was.

Thanks a lot guys!
God bless you

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:41 am

Don't worry, if you have already received a 1 year stamp4, getting the renewal letter from DOJ is not that difficult in most cases. Others on this board have received the renewal letter without any problem.Don't delay in submitting the E.U1 application.

Mikael
Newly Registered

Post by Mikael » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply Archigabe.
I am really confused at this stage.
Should I sentd a complete EU1 again with passports, marriage certificate, etc, etc exactly the same as first time?
Will they take again 8 months in answering?
What will happen with my job in the meantime?
My stamp 4 expires in March 3rd, when do you think will they answer?
Thanks a lot for your reply

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:28 am

Why don't you try calling them directly on the helpline and asking them?
01-6167700
Lo Call: 1890 551 500
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000003

zen63

Post by zen63 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Just go to your local immigration office in the police station with the original letter that you recieved last year - proof of address and your spouses employment - they will give you the renewed card then and there.

Dont worry about this - we have already done it with no problems.

microlab

Post by microlab » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Just go to your local immigration office in the police station with the original letter that you recieved last year
Zen, people should apply in Burgh Quay if they live in Dublin.
For anyone outside Dublin rules may differ.
Two Aerials meet on a roof - fall in love - get married.
The ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:05 am

zen63 wrote:Just go to your local immigration office in the police station with the original letter that you recieved last year - proof of address and your spouses employment - they will give you the renewed card then and there.

Dont worry about this - we have already done it with no problems.
I was at Waterford Garda Station recently, and Pat Duggan (Immigration Officer) told me that 6 weeks before expiry of a 1-year Stamp 4 card, the holder is to apply for renewal in writing, to the DoJ. Upon receipt of an authorisation of renewal letter from the DoJ, the holder is to return to their local GNIB office (Garda Station or Burgh Quay, depending on where in the country you live), to obtain a new card.

Mikael
Newly Registered

Post by Mikael » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks a lot for your helpful answers guys.

Archigabe: I did call to the helpline about 2 months ago and a lady there told me very clearly that the only thing I have to do is to go to Burgh Quay with all the supporting documentations and another stamp 4 will be granted inmediately as Zen63 says. She only advised not to go too early, just 10 days before the expiry date. Thats why I did not send any letter to the DOJ, otherwise I would have done it long time ago.
Last week I just did a routinary call to the helpline to confirm and a guy there told me a completely different story, similar to the one benifa is mentioning. He said that I have to send a letter with all the supporting documentation but another EU1 was not neccesary, I explained him that the letter I have from last year says very clearly that I just need to go to the GNIB in order to renew, he seemed confused and advised me to email to eutreatyright@justice.com and there the answer i got was that a complete new EU1 from the scratch was needed.
That's why I am so confused, everybody is telling me a different story so I do not know who to believe.
I am afraid that if I send a new EU1 they will process it as new application and they will not even realise that I had to go through all the hell last year already.
What I will do is to go tomorrow with my wife to Burgh Quay with my letter and my documents to see what they tell me there. If they refuse I will get my solicitor to send a letter. When I told her what was going on she could not believe it...
Thanks a lot for all your supprt. Any other opinion is always very welcome
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

Mikael
Newly Registered

Post by Mikael » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi all
Just a quick note to say that I went yesterday to the GNIB with all my documentation and I was granted another stamp 4 for one more year.
All what the DOJ answered me through the emails saying that I had to reaply through an EU1 was all wrong.
Thanks a lot for all your support

sfak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sfak » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Mikael wrote:Hi all
Just a quick note to say that I went yesterday to the GNIB with all my documentation and I was granted another stamp 4 for one more year.
All what the DOJ answered me through the emails saying that I had to reaply through an EU1 was all wrong.
Thanks a lot for all your support
what all documents means employement letter, marriege cert etc or what else wht did they ask you about any doucuments

Mikael
Newly Registered

Post by Mikael » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi
We were asked for Bank statement, work letter from both, Health insurance (not specifically asked but she asked if we had one, and we do).
We were not asked for marriage cert. The letter from the DOJ is the main thing. In our case the letter stated that we had to go to the GNIB before the expiry date of the GNIB card.

sfak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sfak » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 am

Mikael wrote:Hi
We were asked for Bank statement, work letter from both, Health insurance (not specifically asked but she asked if we had one, and we do).
We were not asked for marriage cert. The letter from the DOJ is the main thing. In our case the letter stated that we had to go to the GNIB before the expiry date of the GNIB card.
ok thanks actualy i need to go for these things aswel next year so just to know wht to do before expiry of GNIB card.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:39 am

Mikael wrote:Health insurance (not specifically asked but she asked if we had one, and we do).
Directive 2004/38/EC requires that you have medical or health insurance only if you are not working or self-employed; i.e., are a student or (the Union citizen) is self-sufficient.

If the DoJ tell you otherwise, they once again are not adhering to Directive 2004/38/EC. Yet another example of them making the rules up as they go along.

microlab

Post by microlab » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Directive 2004/38/EC requires that you have medical or health insurance only if you are not working or self-employed;
Absolutely correct.
I applied 3 times and never produced health insurance.
Another b*****y nonsense :evil:
Two Aerials meet on a roof - fall in love - get married.
The ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant.

Laoch na hEireann
Newly Registered

Post by Laoch na hEireann » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:18 pm

you dont need to apply again!!!!!
you bring your documents to the GNIB and they should reregister you