ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Restricted Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kavya29
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Restricted Cos

Post by kavya29 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello guys,

I have applied for ILR 12 months ago and still awaiting decision. I am currently a Tier 1 general dependant. I'm looking at other options just in case my ILR is refused. My employer has verbally agreed to look into sponsoring me in the event of refusal. I have the following questions regarding Tier 2. Can you guys please help?

> How long roughly will it take from the point of obtaining RCoS to obtaining my entry clearance (India)?
I'm asking this so I can time my Tier 2 process better. I have sufficient earnings and my job is on the shortage occupations list. So, I'm hopeful that I will get RCoS.

> As I am an existing employee, will it be a problem while trying to get entry clearance? I read somewhere on this forum where somebody has said they've been rejected clearance because they are already an employee and so HO isn't convinced that the RMLT is genuine. I'm aware that shortage occupations don't need RMLT but still is it an issue that I'm an existing employee?

>Should I show the required maintenance funds in UK or home country (India)?
Accidentally, my bank balance went below 1500 GBP few weeks ago and I realised it just yesterday. So, if I get into the position of applying Tier 2 shortly, I will fall short of this maintenance funds requirement. My sponsor is A rated & I'm aware that they can tell they can sponsor me for a month. But, how practical is it that they will do this as I'm an existing employee?

Thanks in advance guys!