ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to Delay Biometrics

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RRSB2012

Is it possible to Delay Biometrics

Post by RRSB2012 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:19 am

Hi Everyone,

Please bear with me if this sounds like an absolutely stupid question but i have a sort of dilemma.

I have applied for naturalisation on 21st May 2017 via NCS. Till to-date payment transaction has not hit my credit card and i haven't received any invitation for Bio-metrics registration.

Coming Tuesday i.e. 9th May, i have to travel for work to CIS region for around 19 days. My apprehension is if i get a biometrics invitation soon after i leave, i may not have enough time to meet the deadline for registration.

NCS advised me and gave me a leaflet which says that i need to provide biomtrics within 15 days from the date of the letter, failing which my application would be refused. i read earlier on this forum that UKVI sends a follow up for biometrics registration giving additional 10 days (though i would hate to go down that route but just trying to evaluate my options).

It is possible to curtail the business trip but that would cause so much work disruption and my bosses and clients wont be too pleased about it.

Can knowledgeable and experienced members please advise if there is a possibility to get extension or a few buffer days to submit biometrics, if the need be?

Sorry for a long post and i would really appreciate all your responses.

Thanks a lot.
R

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is it possible to Delay Biometrics

Post by CR001 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:23 am

I have applied for naturalisation on 21st May 2017 via NCS
Am sure you meant APRIL??

If you don't submit with the first letter, HO will likely send a second letter which will give you less time to do it.

Perhaps it would have been wise to delay your application till after your business trip :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RRSB2012

Re: Is it possible to Delay Biometrics

Post by RRSB2012 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 am

Hi Char,

Thanks a lot for the response.
Sorry for the typo, i meant i have already applied on 21st April 2017.

So as i understand that UKVI will send me another letter giving me a shorter time period, if the Bio-metrics are not registered in the initial period of 15 days.

Thanks a lot.
R