ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Writing a letter to MP

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sameerb

Writing a letter to MP

Post by sameerb » Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 am

Dear members,

i am planning to write an email to MP. I would really appreciate if experinced member can give their input in the matter. i want the letter to be as effective as possible. thanks in advance.

my timeline
t1 200k ext applied 14sept 2016
interviewd 6th sept 2016
no correspondence from ukvi since then.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Writing a letter to MP

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon May 08, 2017 2:11 am

yes it will help out to speed up ur case. Contact ur local MP explaain him or her about ur issue and they will contact Home Office. I had this experince and it helped me and my friends as well. MP's has offical contact number which is hidden by the public. Taking help by ur MP is a legal thing and it will not effect on ur visa. Go ahaead.

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Mon May 08, 2017 6:46 am

Hi sameerb,

I doubt MPs will respond now as the parliament is dissolved and everyone will be busy with the coming general elections, but its worth trying. I had to send an email to my MP back in Dec to check my application with UKVI as it passed 6 months posting my application.

"There are currently no MPs in the House of Commons due to the dissolution of Parliament on 3 May 2017. This means that every seat in the Commons is vacant until after the general election on 8 June 2017."

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Momi

Post by Momi » Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 am

Try mayor of your county. They can also help.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 am

This has nothing to do with immigration rules or Tier 1E :!: There is no evidence that MP's intervention has any affect. Complex applications can take many months to decided unfortunately
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon May 08, 2017 11:59 am

Hi Zimba
I am have very good experience, my MP have done great job because I have requested my standard SAR where I have seen letter to my MP and explained everything.
MP have jurisdiction to ask any department concern.
In my case ukvi wrote an email that my case is complex but have apologise for the delay and the have approved within one week.

tintin_2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by tintin_2018 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:52 am

Mrchaany wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 11:59 am
Hi Zimba
I am have very good experience, my MP have done great job because I have requested my standard SAR where I have seen letter to my MP and explained everything.
In my case ukvi wrote an email that my case is complex but have apologise for the delay and the have approved within one week.
I just read your comments, I feel really good now. My partner is suffering for 8.5 months now and just contacted MP last week. How long does it take to get MP appointment and how long it took you for results. Thing is even my partner has a "complicated" case...I will very much appreciate your reply if you can spare some time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 am

tintin_2018 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:52 am
Mrchaany wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 11:59 am
Hi Zimba
I just read your comments, I feel really good now. My partner is suffering for 8.5 months now and just contacted MP last week. How long does it take to get MP appointment and how long it took you for results. Thing is even my partner has a "complicated" case...I will very much appreciate your reply if you can spare some time!
Kindly refrain from tagging onto topics that are almost a year old and in a visa category that is NOT relevant to your circumstances. Continue in your own topic please.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/writing-a- ... l#p1628472
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.