ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

_dubble_trubble
Newly Registered

ILR Question

Post by _dubble_trubble » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:19 pm

Hey ya peeps! Just a quick question....

In January 2003, I was given an 18-month WP ending in July 2004. Thereafter in July 2004, I applied for WP (Change in Employment) and FLR(IED).

The FLR(IED) took like 6 months to come in and I was not employed for those 4 months. It was not because I chose to remain unemployed, but because of the FLR(IED) delays.

I started work back in January 2005.

Technically I have another 30 months (18 months + 30 months) to go for upgrading to ILR status.

But will that unfortunate 4-month gap waiting for my FLR(IED) force my ILR clock to be reset to Zero?

Any help will be mroe than welcome.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:11 pm

I dont think so. You were in the country during the period and therefore it should be considered continous stay.

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:08 pm

Hello Mr. _dubble_trubble

You have nothing to worry at all, i went through something similar 3 years ago and went to Croydon for my ILR today. I got it no problem. I think they have all our info on thier system and it was clear to them what happened. Just keep all your previous work permits, also i should add that although i changed jobs/employer (home office was informed) my Job Title never changed.

Hang in there Sir.

_dubble_trubble
Newly Registered

Post by _dubble_trubble » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:32 pm

Congratulations Leo and thanx mwazir. You guys have been extremely helpful!