ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I edit or update a post

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

How do I edit or update a post

Post by Ldee » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,
can you please help me, how do I edit or update a forum post? I'm subscribed to this forum Naturalisation application processing timelines (Only). Other people are able to update their ongoing progress.
I seem not to have an edit button available on initial post, how do I resolve this.

regards
Ldee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How do I edit or update a post

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm

You cannot 'edit' a post. You need to copy your previous entry and update it or use the 'QUOTE' function to post a new post with the detail and update it before you click submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maggigadol
Newly Registered

Post by maggigadol » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:34 pm

I am confused. The topic page states as follows:

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)
by geriatrix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Interested members can post their naturalisation application processing timelines here for the benefit of others.

Other Updates: If you wish to provide interim updates (e.g. - when you called UKBA for status, and what information you were given), please edit your original post to include the following:
Interim Updates , etc.

Do not make more than one post in the topic. If writing initial post before the process is complete), please edit the original post to update - do not create a new post for every update. This will help members looking for approx. timeslines to figure out end-to-end processing time of a given application(s) at one place itself.

The above is telling me to edit the orginal post. However, on 31 Mar 2017 CR001 says

"You cannot 'edit' a post. You need to copy your previous entry and update it or use the 'QUOTE' function to post a new post with the detail and update it before you click submit."

As the topic allows only one post and as original posts apparently can't be edited, how does the original drafter of a post on "Naturalisation application processing timelines (Only)" actually update their original post?

On my post (page 449) all I see is a "Quote" button. There is no edit or update button.

CR001 says "You need to copy your previous entry and update it", but how do you do that on a topic that only allows one post? I do not see any "Copy" or "update" function on the topic or next to my post.

Please detail in step-by-step how to update a post on the topic "Naturalisation application processing timelines (Only) in the British Citizen forum, so that updates may be added as they happen.

If this information is available somewhere else on the website, please provide the link details.

Many thanks.
Maggigadol
Newly Registered

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:51 pm

maggigadol wrote:I am confused. The topic page states as follows:

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)
by geriatrix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Interested members can post their naturalisation application processing timelines here for the benefit of others.

Other Updates: If you wish to provide interim updates (e.g. - when you called UKBA for status, and what information you were given), please edit your original post to include the following:
Interim Updates , etc.

As you can see, that was original posted in 2011. The editing function has been removed and reduced to only 15 minutes after posting due to a large number of members deleting their posts and replace what they post with a single dot once they get all their answers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

177DaysOver
Newly Registered

Post by 177DaysOver » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Please help me!

CR001, CASA ou any admin. I posted a question and would like my name removed from it please, it was a mistake. I promise to not request anything after that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:05 pm

177DaysOver wrote:Please help me!

CR001, CASA ou any admin. I posted a question and would like my name removed from it please, it was a mistake. I promise to not request anything after that.
Done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saleemkhan1

How to find my post

Post by saleemkhan1 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi,

I have posted a post regarding tier 4 visa but I cannot see it. Can you please advise me how to find it.

Thanks

Kind regards,
Saleem

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

srrapzeep9212
Newly Registered

Post by srrapzeep9212 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:35 pm

I would like to update my last post as the dates are wrong, please allow me to update. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm

srrapzeep9212 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:35 pm
I would like to update my last post as the dates are wrong, please allow me to update. Thanks in advance
You haven't posted anything other than username name change and account deactivation request so not sure what you are referring to??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srrapzeep9212
Newly Registered

Post by srrapzeep9212 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm
srrapzeep9212 wrote:
You haven't posted anything other than username name change and account deactivation request so not sure what you are referring to??
sorry, i was referring to my old post (old username). Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:49 pm

srrapzeep9212 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm
srrapzeep9212 wrote:
sorry, i was referring to my old post (old username). Thanks
Also suggest you read the forum rules please. Multiple usernames are NOT permitted. You will have to post onto the topic and update the dates. You cannot edit your previous post.

Multiple Username (click to read)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Textile56789
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Textile56789 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:42 am

Please help me!

CR001, any admin! I posted a question and would like my name removed from it. It is at the bottom. It would create many problems on my side if someone sees it. Kindly remove it. I promise I wont request anything after this!!