ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tribunal Appeal hearing assigned to reserve / float list.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

surfsumi
Mood:

Tribunal Appeal hearing assigned to reserve / float list.

Post by surfsumi » Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 pm

We have appeal hearing in 2 weeks time ( for 7 year child case). We have paid for barrister & even arranged for transport to the center ( it around 3 hours journey, not given the nearby center though there is a one). but few days ago our solicitor received the letter saying our hearing is on reserve list which means it may or may not hear that particular date. We have a 1 year old child ( going with us ) & our 8 year old child. Solicitor firm says that barrister may charge fully even though case is not heard same day. We are in extremely difficult situation financial wise & we can't even imagine how our little one going be there full day ( without a guarantee the case will be heard).
It will be very difficult for us to raise funds for another barrister fee , transport ,etc coz one of us can't work.
Has any gone through a similar situation before?
What can we do to change the date or may be get the confirmation that our case will be heard same date.
I would like to hear from respected moderators , senior , junior board members.
Thank you in advance.
sure.
SURESH

harcourt 360
Newly Registered

Re: Tribunal Appeal hearing assigned to reserve / float list

Post by harcourt 360 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:57 pm

when did u lodge your appeal please .

Imrul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Tribunal Appeal hearing assigned to reserve / float list.

Post by Imrul » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:58 pm

I am facing the same situation.my hearing is on 5th of April and they have sent me a letter saying they have assigned my hearing to reserve.im worried to death.what happened in your case??

Kandamaya11
Ghana

Re: Tribunal Appeal hearing assigned to reserve / float list.

Post by Kandamaya11 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:33 pm

There is nothing to worry about, if your hearing is on floating list or reserve.

What it means is that.... as soon as any judge is available to take the case on, your hearing will hold.

All you need to do is to be prepared to wait longer on the day of hearing.

I had same experience, wasn't even aware of floating list till we got there. But we exercised patience and hearing took place same day and outcome was to our favour.

Wish you guys best of luck.