ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Deadline - Is it Working Days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RRSB2012

Biometrics Deadline - Is it Working Days

Post by RRSB2012 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry, I am again asking for some help on Biometrics matter. Reason for my concern and sensitiveness is that I am currently on a Business trip to Almaty returning on 27th May 2017 and I don't want to miss the deadline.

I have received a letter requesting Biometrics today (12th May 2017) however the letter is dated 9th May 2017.

The letter says I have '15 Working days' to submit my biometrics. Can you please help me with following:
1. Is it sure that it is 15 working days and not calendar days - Sorry for stupid question but just want to be absolutely sure. I always thought it was 15 calendar days.

2. Working days are Monday - Friday? I mean Post offices are open on Saturdays, so I hope Saturdays are not included in working days.

3. Since the letter is dated 9th May 2017, would I be ok if I submit my Biometrics on 29th May 2017 (as per my count it is the 15th working day) but please someone re-count and kindly advise if my count is correct.

I would be really grateful for your time and help.

Many thanks
R

argus7
Wales

Re: Biometrics Deadline - Is it Working Days

Post by argus7 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Your cutting it to fine!

Just see if either you can do it before the 29th. There could be issues with Biometric system at post office? Other delays?

If you have travel plans, why not do it tomorrow on a saturday?

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Argus,

Thanks for the response. I am in Almaty, Kazakhstan right now.
The day I landed was the day they wrote the letter :(
I really appreciate your opinion. you are totally correct that there could be errors in the system that may throw a spanner in my naturalisation process. Though there might be a buffer of getting a second letter ... right?

I will try to change the flights but would be costly.

Any second opinion or advise please?
Thanks
R

astonished

Post by astonished » Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm

If you don't complete your biometrics within the timeframe, I believe they send you a second letter asking you to complete it within either a similar or shorter timeframe (10 working days seems to come to my head, but search through the forums to see if that is right).

So in theory if you can provide your biometrics by the deadline of the second letter you should be fine.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:00 am

Astonished,

Thanks a lot for your response.
Yes I have been advised by senior members that UKVI sends a second letter with a 10 day time frame, so not really a show stopper but I want to get it done in the first attempt rather than waiting for a reminder.

As Argus had suggested not to risk it for the very last day, I am following his advise and trying to change my flights to come back a day earlier and do it on 26th May.
Hope airline doesn't charge me a fortune.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your time.
R

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Hope you sort it out soon,

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

Argus,
Thanks. I managed to change my flights.
Net cost £128 :)))