ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension visa issue Date

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Commando
Pakistan

Extension visa issue Date

Post by Commando » Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 am

Can i ask those who got their visa approved after waiting long time, have they received their visa dated back to When their previous leave expires OR is it for 2 years from the time the application has been finalized by the case worker in HO.
I am waiting for last 11 months and i was in an impression that i am gaining time as i will get 2 years visa from the date my visa will be finalized by HO but a friend of mine informed me that i will be issued the visa from the date of my previous leave actually expires.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension visa issue Date

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:36 am

It is issued from date of visa approval and NOT tagged into the end of your last visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Commando
Pakistan

Post by Commando » Wed May 17, 2017 8:46 am

So am i right that if i get my visas approval after 1 year waiting time and my visa will be valid for 2 years, i dont need to wait for 2 years to apply for ILR as i am still on the same category and after 5 years in total i can apply for ILR even though my visa will be valid for another 1 year.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed May 17, 2017 9:24 am

Yes you can apply when you complete your five years, but remember after extension visa two year, you can again will show two employee, means if you have one year so will be very less time.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

Commando
Pakistan

Post by Commando » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am

I have got 2 full time employees and its ongoing anyways.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 am

Yes but problem is if some extension took 1 year and his/her IlR due in one year so it mean in one year need to fulfill
Job requirements,
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 am

Your new visa will be valid from the date of issue.
Time spent waiting for extension is covered under Section 3C and counted towards the 5 years lawful stay.
Your new visa will be valid for 2 years but you can apply for ILR when you complete the 5 years of lawful stay, HOWEVER you MUST show you maintained/created 24 months of employment AFTER the extension was granted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice